Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers April 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Seriously tho...I think most of the elite Rangers like Yandle are going to worry about coming thru this game without injury. Having Neil out there running into people could give their D the yips. Or I could be wrong...

I think you are wrong, but it's an opinion and you have one.

Neil is slow enough without factoring in the time missed.

Oct 10, 2010
With the way Ryan has been playing recently, Neil would probably be more productive in the short-term, lol

Hopefully Ryan busts out these last two games!

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Seriously though, I hope the players themselves aren't buying into the Rangers resting some key players and Dan Boyle's personal admission that he doesn't really care as some sort of green light that this game will be a cake walk.

They need to come out hard and score early and often. Only then will the Rangers be like: "Alright, who cares? Let's get this over with so we can hit up Times Square and get some margueritas at the TGIFs there."

Otherwise, this could be the classic trap game.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
NYR fan here...Rangers are obviously not gonna roll over in front of our home crowd in our last home game with 2 hungry AHLers (1 making NHL debut) in the lineup to hand you guys a W to help in your playoff run... but the team who really wants it more should walk away with the 2 pts and we all know who should come out wanting this game more

good luck tonight, and to your team making the playoffs...rooting for yall over boston

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Seriously though, I hope the players themselves aren't buying into the Rangers resting some key players and Dan Boyle's personal admission that he doesn't really care as some sort of green light that this game will be a cake walk.

They need to come out hard and score early and often. Only then will the Rangers be like: "Alright, who cares? Let's get this over with so we can hit up Times Square and get some margueritas at the TGIFs there."

Otherwise, this could be the classic trap game.

Yup. They can't take a second off. Rangers are still a dangerous team. I don't care who they sit we still have to be on our game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sitting their vets at this stage might even make the Rangers more competitive.

It's easy to let up when you have not much to play for (with #1 overall locked up).

I expect the guys they bring in to really want to show their stuff in front of the crowd and team management.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Its actually 21-4-4 over the last 29, I miscalculated, but the point remains. You don't change a line up playing this well together to add Neil as much as I love the guy

Yeah, not thanks to Neil. Especially over Ryan. The only change I would make is to re-insert Michalek if he was ready.

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
Michalek in, Smith out is the only change I would make, (if he was ready obviously).

Otherwise, leave things alone! Neil is a warrior, and he's useful for depth, but no way he gets in unless someone is broken.

tk2001

Oct 2, 2010
Ottawa
Please win! My birthday is tomorrow and it would be so nice to have the sens be in the playoffs by then :D Here's to being hopeful!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Considering the smack down that the Rangers laid on us last time, I think that's being optimistic, even with their key guys sitting.

I think tonight will be different than that game. At least i hope it is.

While the team did play like ****, Hammond played with a back injury.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Considering the smack down that the Rangers laid on us last time, I think that's being optimistic, even with their key guys sitting.

I don't know if that game really definitive of how a Sens/Rangers game would normally go. Hammond was playing injured and we fell behind early, allowing the Rangers to lock it down.

I'd like to keep this game as low scoring as possible. Wouldn't mind going into the 3rd 0-0 or 1-1.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
NYR fan here...Rangers are obviously not gonna roll over in front of our home crowd in our last home game with 2 hungry AHLers (1 making NHL debut) in the lineup to hand you guys a W to help in your playoff run... but the team who really wants it more should walk away with the 2 pts and we all know who should come out wanting this game more

good luck tonight, and to your team making the playoffs...rooting for yall over boston

But your guys have mentally checked out right? Dan Boyle has admitted as much and he's as vet as it gets.

Personally, I dropped 200 on a cubiclemate that this is Ottawa's to lose. Gonna enjoy that extra cash for the weekend... :yo:

ZacUSNYR

Mar 16, 2009
Upstate, NY
New York is the only team in this league that scares the living **** out of me. They are crazy crazy good. Insane forecheck that scores in bunches, great penalty kill, all-star d-corps, unbelievable goaltending. The only thing they're below average at is their pk (20th or 21st IIRC).

Or 5th.

Now the PP on the other hand..... 21st. If you want to talk about "below average" let's go all the way to mediocre, 2nd worst in the league, the rank of 29 in Face Offs.

So play tough, don't be afraid to give them a power play, and get as many stoppages as possible for face offs to keep possession

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I think tonight will be different than that game. At least i hope it is.

While the team did play like ****, Hammond played with a back injury.

that's true, but i'll be damned if NYR didn't look like a Stanley Cup contender most of the game... we're really going to have to raise our game to get to that level, if we meet them again next week.... tonight, I don't think the bar will be as high....

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Or 5th.

Now the PP on the other hand..... 21st. If you want to talk about "below average" let's go all the way to mediocre, 2nd worst in the league, the rank of 29 in Face Offs.

So play tough, don't be afraid to give them a power play, and get as many stoppages as possible for face offs to keep possession

eh Sens are 24th in FO%. I don't think we're going to dominate the dots on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese