Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers April 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
is that confirmed? id have imagined theyd keep the stepan and hayes line together and let brassard play with fast and shep. all the rangers have to do to throw this game is play the summers/hunwick pairing 20 minutes tonight...

Ranger fan here.
We wish you were playing someone else tonight, as we'd love to see you in, and Bruins or Pitt out.
Personally'07-'13 i had close ties to my employers Ottawa office, i have many Sens fans friends
Also as a long-timer (original 6) who learned Oh Canada as a kid from hockey games, i am rooting for 5 Canadian teams to make it (screwing the Kings is just the cherry on top)

Re that lineup - it may not be accurate, but its not too odd
Step with Kreider and Miller have been together for about a week;
and when Nash has sat, AV has moved Hayes to wing;
finally i believe they want another opportunity to see Shephard at C

I was in MSG for the playoffs when Stone played his first NHL game and you could see then he could be special.

Good luck to you guys. Even though you'll be scary if we meet for 7 games.
Your team has played great at MSG often the last 10+ years.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
funny thing is...Nash isnt even the Rangers best forward as of late. Nor is he playing on our best line.

Kreider - Stepan - Miller has been carrying us a lot lately.

I'd also argue that Yandle has been our best defenseman the past few games as well.

Rangers wont have the same intensity you guys will though..thats for sure.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
keep-calm-and-throw-the-game.png

Thanks. :sarcasm:

Rangers fan here. Not going to say we "definitely" will win, we apparently have taken out Nash, Zuccharello (banged up) and Marc Staal. Might give you guys an additional, misleading "psychological"disadvantage. What I mean is.......

human nature sways thinking the Rangers aren't "all in", you guys "need it", we "don't".

so why play? This Rangers team doesn't like to lose, seriously. Also, they want to get Hank his 30th victory tonight. Also, when you play "half assed", injuries occur. AV surely has forewarned them.

good luck guys, (hope you find a way in) somehow (you deserve it with nice run), but not tonight.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Ryan zib 2 pts each breaking out of slump tonight

Book it

Ya, I know I say Bobby Ryan Hattrick every single GDT...

But this time, legit, Ryan 2 goals.
Hammond will have a kick save with his left pad. He will also let a good chance slide through the crease on an easy tap in as an attempt to keep Rangers fan's happy, but the Rangers won't score on it. It's on purpose though.

I also see the Sens playing super calm tonight.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Ranger fan here.
We wish you were playing someone else tonight, as we'd love to see you in, and Bruins or Pitt out.
Personally'07-'13 i had close ties to my employers Ottawa office, i have many Sens fans friends
Also as a long-timer (original 6) who learned Oh Canada as a kid from hockey games, i am rooting for 5 Canadian teams to make it (screwing the Kings is just the cherry on top)

Re that lineup - it may not be accurate, but its not too odd
Step with Kreider and Miller have been together for about a week;
and when Nash has sat, AV has moved Hayes to wing;
finally i believe they want another opportunity to see Shephard at C

I was in MSG for the playoffs when Stone played his first NHL game and you could see then he could be special.

Good luck to you guys. Even though you'll be scary if we meet for 7 games.
Your team has played great at MSG often the last 10+ years.

Thanks buddy. It'll be a huge game for us...we're all ******** bricks up here. And all these Rangers fans reminds me of Bob Richards and the whole great HF-NYR crew from our recent first round series that went 7. Here's that Stone pass to Spezza.

Game 6:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Rangers fan here. Not going to say we "definitely" will win, we apparently have taken out Nash, Zuccharello (banged up) and Marc Staal. Might give you guys an additional, misleading "psychological"disadvantage. What I mean is.......

human nature sways thinking the Rangers aren't "all in", you guys "need it", we "don't".

so why play? This Rangers team doesn't like to lose, seriously. Also, they want to get Hank his 30th victory tonight. Also, when you play "half assed", injuries occur. AV surely has forewarned them.

good luck guys, (hope you find a way in) somehow (you deserve it with nice run), but not tonight.

A pro sports team doesn't like to lose?

What a shock!

Thats a fluff post if I've ever seen one.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Release the Neil! (Cough up a few loose pucks...put the fear of Gawd into Yandle & D)

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Seriously tho...I think most of the elite Rangers like Yandle are going to worry about coming thru this game without injury. Having Neil out there running into people could give their D the yips. Or I could be wrong...

Or...we can use the line up that has gone 21-4-4 in the last 33 and just play better than them?

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Even if we only get a point in this game and Boston loses in regulation, we still control our own destiny.

Just need to get the two points in the Flyers game.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys,

Wishing you all the best for this game. Rangers will be icing a diminished line up by benching Rick Nash, Zuccarello, and Marc Staal.

There's a part of me that believes in having a killer instinct and the Rangers should do all they can to win... but this is a game the Rangers are missing 2 top 6 forwards and 2 top 4 defensemen.

Play a clean game and try to pull out a win. Won't bee rooting against you.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
BTW going back to 2012... I couldn't believe that the coach benched Stone... I thought he and Spezza were the most dangerous line that game and thought to myself... crap the Rangers don't have guys that can stop that line.

Stone was dangerous every shift that game, and his style was well suited against the old Ranger team. Don Cherry mentioned this on HNIC and he was right. Stone assisted on that goal too. That Ranger team couldn't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad