Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers April 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
A Rangers fan cheering for the Sens? What?

Yep, I just don't want to play Boston. We're better then they are but the Rangers don't match up well with big teams. Plus, if they make it out of the first round Boton will make sure they take a beating doing so.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
A Rangers fan cheering for the Sens? What?

I think the Rangers would rather see the Bruins or Pens miss the playoffs entirely.

They have the presidents trophy locked up and they'll likely be "resting" a few players tomorrow!

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Pretty much. From our POV, it's anyone but Boston. I'd love to see the Sens get in too since I've always liked watching them play.

Rangers need 2 points to set the team record for most points in a season and Henrik is one win shy of 30 wins which he's hit every single season minus the lockout shortened one so that's about the only two things the Rangers are playing for at this point. Henrik will be in goal tomorrow and if it was up to me, I'd play the 4th line more than usual and spread out the ice time.

Best of luck tomorrow guys and lets just say I won't be too upset if the Rangers lose tomorrow :)

Oh sure, make us face the hot handed Talbot last time and give Henrik to the Bruins coming back off his injury and on a back to back to boot. Now that he's warmed up, make us face him why don't you. :cry:

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I hope the Rangers ice the team they want to win the cup with and we still pull out a win, rather than a pity win because they are resting players.

:handclap:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yep, I just don't want to play Boston. We're better then they are but the Rangers don't match up well with big teams. Plus, if they make it out of the first round Boton will make sure they take a beating doing so.

You would feel more comfortable playing a goaltender that only lost once in his 23 starts?

oh wait.

I hope the Rangers ice the team they want to win the cup with and we still pull out a win, rather than a pity win because they are resting players.

:handclap:

I just hope they win tbh. If we make the playoffs and get swept ill hold a smile on my face the whole offseason regardless

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
You would feel more comfortable playing a goaltender that only lost once in his 23 starts?

oh wait.

Don't get me wrong, the Sens are a scary talented team. I just feel like if I had a choice between the sens or bruins, I think we just match up better against the Sens.

I'd probably rather play Pitt then either of them to be honest.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Don't get me wrong, the Sens are a scary talented team. I just feel like if I had a choice between the sens or bruins, I think we just match up better against the Sens.

I'd probably rather play Pitt then either of them to be honest.

I think you are completely correct in wanting to face the Sens rather than the Bruins and the goalie question isn't really that big of a deal for a team like the Rangers who can score at will. I sure as heck don't want to match up against the Rangers if we make it into the post-season.

rocket2man

Jul 12, 2009
Do the Bruins still have the tiebreaker? On what grounds? It says here we are tied in W

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I think you are completely correct in wanting to face the Sens rather than the Bruins and the goalie question isn't really that big of a deal for a team like the Rangers who can score at will. I sure as heck don't want to match up against the Rangers if we make it into the post-season.

I suppose it's possible that 2 of the Penguins, Bruins, Islanders or Red Wings blow it and the Senators get the 7th spot, but at this point I feel like even one of those 4 losing out would be a huge lucky break.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Do the Bruins still have the tiebreaker? On what grounds? It says here we are tied in W

It's crazy that if we got 2 ROW wins and the Bruins got 2 S/O wins, we'd move past them as we have every other tie-breaker.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
One reason that I came up with regards of why the Zibby-Ryan line is struggling in past 10-15 games or so, is the fact that Karlsson isn't on the ice with them.

Karlsson, for the most part, is always on the ice with Turris-Stone and Pageau-Lazar.

Case Closed!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I can't ever remember the Senators getting so much mainstream media attention outside of 07. So much positivity around the team.

I won't lie, I'm gonna be really disappointed if we don't make it, but that would disappear in about a day because of the bright future of the club and this run is amazing even without a playoff berth.

Best thing that could come out of this is Uncle Eugene treating this club like he did when he took over and spending with bigger markets. He might look like a genius for not dishing out money to guys because even keeping this team around could be close to a cap team depending on term to some.RFAs. A couple bad contracts on July 1st could have lost us players like Hammond and Hoffman.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Hope were still making GDTs this time next week, even if it's against a juggernaut like NYR. We seriously have the talent to take out almost anyone in this conference.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
One reason that I came up with regards of why the Zibby-Ryan line is struggling in past 10-15 games or so, is the fact that Karlsson isn't on the ice with them.

Karlsson, for the most part, is always on the ice with Turris-Stone and Pageau-Lazar.

Case Closed!

That actually makes a lot of sense. 65 was probably out with them a lot more when they were the de facto top line.

There's a case to be made to for the acquisition of a guy who can be a big puck mover on that second pairing with Ceci to help those guys AND hopefully play opposite of Karlsson on our PP. Hopefully Wiercioch can be that guy but this young team could use a Gonchar type.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
After watching the team photo that just happened yesterday, I have to say that Phillips' and Neil's "A" should be replaced by Turris, Methot and even Stone, for that matter.

Players who are actually playing, leading(into the playoffs) and are a future of this team should wear it.

Turris and Stone definitely deserves it.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
That would be what I assume will happen. Winning gets them nothing and losing does nothing to them.. they will rest as many guys as possible, especially those with some minor issues.

At list our players need to show them from the start, that it is really smart thing to do for them.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I can't ever remember the Senators getting so much mainstream media attention outside of 07. So much positivity around the team.

I won't lie, I'm gonna be really disappointed if we don't make it, but that would disappear in about a day because of the bright future of the club and this run is amazing even without a playoff berth.

Best thing that could come out of this is Uncle Eugene treating this club like he did when he took over and spending with bigger markets. He might look like a genius for not dishing out money to guys because even keeping this team around could be close to a cap team depending on term to some.RFAs. A couple bad contracts on July 1st could have lost us players like Hammond and Hoffman.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Hope were still making GDTs this time next week, even if it's against a juggernaut like NYR. We seriously have the talent to take out almost anyone in this conference.

I think Melynk is showing you don't have to spend like crazy to have a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad