Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the Wild tonight 8:00pm on TSN

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Ceci looked great tonight. Moving his feet and making quick decisive choices.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Uh well you know an off-season to actually condition would probably help immensely. You realize he's playing this year with no off season training and no skating for months.
Yes i understand that but c'mon that alone doesnt explain how bad hes been all season long, too me thats a bunch of excuses.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Karlsson is hands down my fav player....but man.....31 pts while -21.

Our captain has got to be better than that, offseason training or no offseason training.

I don't expect his physical game to be on par, but these mental mistakes. You can't tell me not working out in the off season has cost him his on ice vision.

Reactions: DrEasy and Emerica

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I honestly thought they played fine tonight outside of some really dumb plays deep in their zone. They pushed the pace for large stretches of the game whcih was refreshing to see

Ceci, Chabot, Duchene, White, and Brassard were all great tonight imo

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
We won without him and we will win again. Your best player can't be your worst defensively. He just can't. He doesn't compete and I can't support a captain who isn't showing an example for the rest of the team. How can it get worse than this.. Our defensive game is putrid.
I agree with you, it is what is, but some fans will defend him to the death, they have been pumping his tires for so long now that they cant admit that maybe Karlsson was a little overrated around here.
To me Erik was always one dimensional player, hes always been flawed in the DZ.

Reactions: SensFactor

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I agree with you, it is what is, but some fans will defend him to the death, they have been pumping his tires for so long now that they cant admit that maybe Karlsson was a little overrated around here.
To me Erik was always one dimensional player, hes always been flawed in the DZ.

And some people never liked him and never will even when he carries our team on one leg.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Thats why the Sens would be crazy to resigned him, the only option left is to trade him, very sad :(
Take a look back at the year he had his Achilles slice-14 goals I think and then back up the next year.
He probably came back too soon but once he has a summer training he'll be fine..
It would be like trading Crosby after his concussions or early season struggles. Not a very smart thing to do.

Some of the things he does-playing injured during the playoffs for example and coming back soon this year-when he was playing in Sweden he was wincing in pain from his foot-and playing when he has the flu which he has done several times this year, just seem to rile up the people such as yourself who wold like to trade him.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Listen if his not 100% dont play, his hurting the team more then helping, for me if he's playing he needs to perform thats it, that doesnt explain his half ass effort night after night after night
His half ass effort is a symptom of a player who is done with this organisation. He sees what's happening behind the scenes just like Alfie dud and he's gtfo while he's still able to carry a team all the way to a conference final.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
yeah but thats all good but what about right now, are we getting any points in the standings for what he did in last year's playoffs?

No, but I’m saying some people have always been hard on him and never want to give him any credit. Just like you were criticizing those who defend him no matter what.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
His half ass effort is a symptom of a player who is done with this organisation. He sees what's happening behind the scenes just like Alfie dud and he's gtfo while he's still able to carry a team all the way to a conference final.
Fine then strip him of his C.

While the inner workings of the organization may be toxic...he owes it to his teammates to at least pretend to give a shit

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Take a look back at the year he had his Achilles slice-14 goals I think and then back up the next year.
He probably came back too soon but once he has a summer training he'll be fine..
It would be like trading Crosby after his concussions or early season struggles. Not a very smart thing to do.

Some of the things he does-playing injured during the playoffs for example and coming back soon this year-when he was playing in Sweden he was wincing in pain from his foot-and playing when he has the flu which he has done several times this year, just seem to rile up the people such as yourself who wold like to trade him.
Listen i would to keep him but its too risky with his foot, and the ottawa senators cant afford him period. if we signed Karlsson, we have to trade Stone cant afford him, Karlsson will play with a bunch of 3 and 4 liners because thats all we can afford.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Listen if his not 100% dont play, his hurting the team more then helping, for me if he's playing he needs to perform thats it, that doesnt explain his half ass effort night after night after night

You need to understand that sometimes a player has surgery and is physically good enough to play as that is the only way to eventually get back to normal. He's not injured, he's recovering. On better teams you'd have other players taking over some of the minutes and responsibilities etc. while that player works things out on the ice, but this is not that team and we still need EK to be our #1 no matter how much he is struggling. So every mistake he makes is exposed and then we have fans like you who can't put things into context and believe we'd be better off without him, which is 100% false.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00