Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the Wild tonight 8:00pm on TSN

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I dont see any reason for White to go back down this year.

If we had a better AHL team where there were like passes and plays being made ... I would be perfectly ok with it.. As it is if there is a spot in the top 9 where he will get a reasonable amount of ice time .. I'd keep him up... I would also give him some PK time

They need to up the skill level of the Baby Sens to develop kids for today's NHL

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
The upside to Karlsson's bad play this year is that if we do lose him, then it's not like we can get worse. He is doing absolutely nothing to help us win hockey games this year, and he is putting in zero effort. I think Karlsson started buying into his own hype, and doesn't feel the need to work for anything this year. I'm not seeing a guy out there trying his best to overcome his injury, I'm seeing some headcase who thinks he's more important than the team that doesn't feel the need to put in a solid effort every night. Any other player on the team gives the effort Karlsson does and they get benched. Any other player. The guy needs a serious wake up call.

Reactions: CenturionOne

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The upside to Karlsson's bad play this year is that if we do lose him, then it's not like we can get worse. He is doing absolutely nothing to help us win hockey games this year, and he is putting in zero effort. I think Karlsson started buying into his own hype, and doesn't feel the need to work for anything this year. I'm not seeing a guy out there trying his best to overcome his injury, I'm seeing some headcase who thinks he's more important than the team that doesn't feel the need to put in a solid effort every night. Any other player on the team gives the effort Karlsson does and they get benched. Any other player. The guy needs a serious wake up call.

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Have you seen this team? Do you really think we'd be better without one of our only two star players(Stone being the other)?

We are going to be complete trash if we lose EK. Like, Yotes-level trash.

Reactions: lancepitlick

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon

Have you seen this team? Do you really think we'd be better without one of our only two star players(Stone being the other)?

I'd agree with you except for the fact that the Sens played their best hockey this year before Erik came back...and no, I'm not on the trade Erik bandwagon...but something is clearly off with him this year and it isn't just the recovery from the surgery.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011

As a huge EK fan, I kind of agree with him.

If this is the new Karlsdon then I don’t think I want him. Regardless of what’s happening to the team off the ice, he’s the captain of this team and expected to lead by example. His mistakes are not injury related, they’re 75% laziness. The team played its best hockey of the season when he was injured.

Missing/losing Stone hurts this team a lot, missing this current version of Karlsson doesn’t. He literally is trash this season, both in attitude and play.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'd agree with you except for the fact that the Sens played their best hockey this year before Erik came back...and no, I'm not on the trade Erik bandwagon...but something is clearly off with him this year and it isn't just the recovery from the surgery.

Ok, so something might be off, but it's not like EK doesn't care about hockey anymore. Do people think he's just become a bad player or something? If you think the surgery, lack of training etc. is just an excuse, then do people seriously believe Erik has just lost his ability to play?

Let's get real. It's an off year due to many factors, including being on one of the worst teams in the league. He's going to be good again....like, Norris good. Players like that don't just drop off the face of the earth.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Where did I say we'd get better? Reading comprehension not a strength is it?

Also newsflash: We are Yotes level trash. If you think that Karlsson has had any positive impact on this season then you're just as delusional as the people who want to ship his ass off for picks and prospects.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Without EK, this will undoubtedly be the worst team in the league. And a team that doesn't have a first rounder next year. I don't think there's a team in the league that's in a worse spot right now (assuming Karlsson is traded). It kinda has the feeling of the Leafs when they went out and traded for Kessel. Complete futility.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
All this reminds me of the Alfie situation when many demanded they strip the C and and/or trade him.
One of the jokes making the rounds in those days-
Whats the difference between Alfie and a palm tree?
A palm tree has a heart.
Ho ho ho.
Time to bring in a good Canadian boy with heart like Craig Conroy.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I don't think that's it. His foot just isn't the same.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
All this reminds me of the Alfie situation when many demanded they strip the C and and/or trade him.
A palm tree has a heart.
Ho ho ho.

Conroy is American, but I get your point.

I wonder if there was anything to those rumours. Thank god we didn’t do that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Without EK, this will undoubtedly be the worst team in the league. And a team that doesn't have a first rounder next year. I don't think there's a team in the league that's in a worse spot right now (assuming Karlsson is traded). It kinda has the feeling of the Leafs when they went out and traded for Kessel. Complete futility.

I get what you are saying completely but this version of EK for 12 mil could sink us pretty good too. Not saying you are wrong .. but there is risk at this time. I asked someone else but .. Hedman for Karlsson right now straight up would you do it? Some would. At the end of the playoffs last year , practically no one would.

Reactions: aragorn and DrEasy

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
A palm tree has a heart.
Ho ho ho.
A palm tree has a heart? Whaaat?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I get what you are saying completely but this version of EK for 12 mil could sink us pretty good too. Not saying you are wrong .. but there is risk at this time. I asked someone else but .. Hedman for Karlsson right now straight up would you do it? Some would. At the end of the playoffs last year , practically no one would.
I don't think this version of Karlsson is what he will be going forward though. Give him a year post surgery and a capable partner to play with and he'll be the Norris trophy winning D we all know. He's limited by his body, team and imo frustration with those situations. To use a gaming term, he's playing on full tilt and its hurting his performance.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don't think that's it. His foot just isn't the same.

His foot definitely has something to do with it. But just take a look at early Karlsson videos, he's busting his ass out there every single night, getting involved in every play. This year I don't think I've ever seen a player move their feet less than Karlsson. He never picks up his man in the defensive zone.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Ok, so something might be off, but it's not like EK doesn't care about hockey anymore. Do people think he's just become a bad player or something? If you think the surgery, lack of training etc. is just an excuse, then do people seriously believe Erik has just lost his ability to play?

Let's get real. It's an off year due to many factors, including being on one of the worst teams in the league. He's going to be good again....like, Norris good. Players like that don't just drop off the face of the earth.

No I don't think he doesn't care...in fact I suspect he might care more than you'd think, and no I don't think he's become a bad player...at least not "naturally"...but as other's have pointed out, the uncharacteristic mental mistakes and outright lazy plays at times can't, in my opinion, be blamed on the offseason surgery or lack of pre-season training. I've watched Erik every game this year and there's been plenty of times his foot speed and maneuvering looked just fine to me...in fact most of the time it looks fine. Something else is bothering him...but it's all speculation from there.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don't think this version of Karlsson is what he will be going forward though. Give him a year post surgery and a capable partner to play with and he'll be the Norris trophy winning D we all know. He's limited by his body, team and imo frustration with those situations.

Karlsson is the team, he always has been. He clearly has the biggest impact when they win, the same goes for when they lose. The main reason they are losing so many games this year, is because he's nowhere near the level he's capable of playing. So if he's not happy with the performance of this team, maybe he should take a look in the mirror instead of talking about getting paid what he deserves to the media.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Karlsson is the team, he always has been. He clearly has the biggest impact when they win, the same goes for when they lose. The main reason they are losing so many games this year, is because he's nowhere near the level he's capable of playing. So if he's not happy with the performance of this team, maybe he should take a look in the mirror instead of talking about getting paid what he deserves to the media.

I don't disagree.. but he did use the word "Worth" vs "Deserves" I believe.. and he did back track on all of that.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Muckler denies Alfie rumours - Hockey Forum - Hockey Fan Forums - NHL Boards

Some of these comments about Alfie are interesting.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think he is frustrated with himself though. I've never heard him make excuses for his play or blame others for his mistakes.

And the getting paid thing was a question he was asked. He didn't say anything wrong.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

I don't know why you keep making that comparison, no where am I saying trading Karlsson is in any shape or form a good a idea. In fact, it's a horrible idea. What I am doing, is holding the captain, and the best player on the team, accountable, which I feel is more than fair.

Also Alfredsson busted his ass every single game he played for the Sens, easily the hardest working player in franchise history. Anyone who questioned his commitment or effort at any point was/is a complete idiot.

Reactions: Cloud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->