Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the Wild tonight 8:00pm on TSN

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
No, but I’m saying some people have always been hard on him and never want to give him any credit. Just like you were criticizing those who defend him no matter what.
what he did last year was amazing!!! but for when you resign a player, you have to signed him looking into the future and and try to predict if that player is trending upward or downward, right now im predicting Karlsson is trending downward.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If you think this team will improve from trading EK away you are in for a rude awakening.
All depends what they trade him for.

If you get dollar for dollar, it can work out.

We traded Yashin who was coming off a 40 goal 88 pts season and was 4th in hart voting the year before that, and that trade set us up for a long time. Nobody would have guessed we`d be a better team so quickly after that trade.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
what he did last year was amazing!!! but for when you resign a player, you have to signed him looking into the future and and try to predict if that player is trending upward or downward, right now im predicting Karlsson is trending downward.

And that’s perfectly fair. You may be right about that. Also, he’s going to start his new deal at 29 and he’ll get 7-8 years. There’s a risk with that too.

Either way, I’d be very sad if we traded him. It’s no fun to see top players move on. Alfie leaving was really hard, and if Karlsson left that would be tough too.

Guys like Karlsson don’t come around often.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

We traded Yashin who was coming off a 40 goal 88 pts season and was 4th in hart voting the year before that, and that trade set us up for a long time. Nobody would have guessed we`d be a better team so quickly after that trade.

The Yashin trade was us fleecing another team. Dorion ain't fleecing any other GM. Also, Yashin was no EK.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The Yashin trade was us fleecing another team. Dorion ain't fleecing any other GM. Also, Yashin was no EK.
Dorion is Milbury 2.0. He's going to be the one getting fleeced in any EK deal.

At least if he can restrain himself from continuing to trade away our 1st round picks, we should be getting many top 5 picks over the next 8 years or so.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Also, after dealing Yashin we still had Alfie, Hossa, Bonk, Redden, Havlat, McEachern, Phillips, Fisher etc.

We still made the playoffs for many years after dealing Cashin. Even win the presidents trophy a couple of years after he left.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And that’s perfectly fair. You may be right about that. Also, he’s going to start his new deal at 29 and he’ll get 7-8 years. There’s a risk with that too.

Either way, I’d be very sad if we traded him. It’s no fun to see top players move on. Alfie leaving was really hard, and if Karlsson left that would be tough too.

Guys like Karlsson don’t come around often.

I can't compare Alfie leaving to this situation. Alfie was at the tail-end of his career. EK is still quite young, and while he's possibly never going to go back to elite EK of years past, there's also a chance that one good off-season would do the trick and he'll win the Norris a few more times before he's 30-something.

Trading him this year could possibly be the worst move in Senators history, similar to the Patrick Roy trade out of Montreal. People just can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Reactions: Karl Prime

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017

Honestly I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly would be fair for EK and I'm also terrified that Dorian would be the one to trade him. These boards are a rough place to gauge value. Other fanbases argue that a year of Karlsson is not worth it then offer of a return similar to what Martin Hanzal got.

I'd also say Yashin was an outlier.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Dorion is Milbury 2.0. He's going to be the one getting fleeced in any EK deal.

I wouldn't say that he is Milbury 2, but I will say that since Milbury left the Sens have received a big bag of nothing any time they trade a good player.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I can't compare Alfie leaving to this situation. Alfie was at the tail-end of his career. EK is still quite young, and while he's possibly never going to go back to elite EK of years past, there's also a chance that one good off-season would do the trick and he'll win the Norris a few more times before he's 30-something.

Trading him this year could possibly be the worst move in Senators history, similar to the Patrick Roy trade out of Montreal. People just can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Oh, I know I just mean it was hard when Alfie left. It would be tough to see Karl leave too.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
AJ said that people who know Karlsson say he cares a lot and lets the ups and downs get to him too much. They say that when he gets a bit older in his thirties he wont let it get to him as much and will be unstoppable.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The thing with Karlsson is that this injury is not your typical groin injury where we know we can expect 100% recovery. I am certain next year with a proper off-season Karlsson will be better than this year, but I still don't know how much better, and how much he'll be worth. A big contract could be a great decision or an albatross for the next decade.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Three guys who impressed me today:

- Condon: kept us in the game for as long as he could;
- White: best game I've seen (I did miss a few games around Christmas time). More assertive, showing good vision and hustle. Looked like the guy we saw at the WJC last year.
- Boro: getting back to where he was before his injury, pinching in and making a few amazing plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00