All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Burger anyone????

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
The #Sens have recalled Chris DiDomenico and defenceman Erik Burgdoerfer from Belleville this morning. #Sens

Per Garrioch

Who the hell is Burgdoerfer? And DiDomenico? lol.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Anyways Jim O'Brien is Belleville's leading scorer so things are quite dire down there, not like we had much to choose from in terms of forwards.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Anyways Jim O'Brien is Belleville's leading scorer so things are quite dire down there, not like we had much to choose from in terms of forwards.
At this point in the season it doesn't matter if we have options or not. Call up guys who we think will have a future here. DiDominico has no future. Who the f*** is Burgdoerfer?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I heard he was described as "Karlsson-lite-lite-lite-lite-lite".

Englund must have really fallen down on the totem pole as he's not even considered.
Dorion will describe burgdoerfer as the best d man outside the nhl... until now. Now it’s back to wikstrand

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
At this point in the season it doesn't matter if we have options or not. Call up guys who we think will have a future here. DiDominico has no future. Who the **** is Burgdoerfer?

On defense sure, but in terms of forwards I don't think many have a future in the NHL, maybe McCormick, Gagne and Perron, but they would be lucky based on what they've shown so far.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
On defense sure, but in terms of forwards I don't think many have a future in the NHL, maybe McCormick, Gagne and Perron, but they would be lucky based on what they've shown so far.
McCormick has been in this organization since he was born. He is usually the first call up for anything because he plays 'hard'. He is a career AHLer. Call up Gagne or Perron. Let them play with top 6 guys. Look how White looked playing with them. What do they have to lose at this point? Who the f*** is Burgdoerfer?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Englund and Jaros make higher salaries in the NHL than Burgdoerfer.

It takes one minute to look this shit up.

Burgdoerfer 650K
Jaros 650K
Englund 700K

I'm not sure the $500 difference for being on the roster for the next two days was the deciding factor here.

Not to mention it sounds like Jaros is banged up as well.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Who the **** is Burgdoerfer?

Just reading some game recaps from eyeonthesens.com and it appears as though Burgdoerfer is an absolute turnover machine. He should fit in well with our current D then.

This organization is disgusting, no need for any young developing players to come help out the squad and get a taste for the NHL, may as well give it to a career AHL/ECHL d-man.

Here are some thoughts on him from November.

Eric Burgdoerfer 13-0-2-2 0.15 (0.44) SHPG 0.84
Contract: 17-18; 8th pro season (vet); career 0.24; last season 0.32
Unsigned RPI grad (career high of 7 points) made his way onto ECHL Bakersfield’s roster and four so-so seasons with them cracked Hershey’s lineup for two seasons and then Rochester. He’s a great example of regressing to the mean, as his numbers have tumbled hard despite copious amounts of time with Thomas Chabot and on the PP. I ought to set up the Burgdoerfer Turnover Meter–no other player so consistently has catastrophic turnovers that rarely turn into goals–it’s a skill.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Just reading some game recaps from eyeonthesens.com and it appears as though Burgdoerfer is an absolute turnover machine. He should fit in well with our current D then.

This organization is disgusting, no need for any young developing players to come help out the squad and get a taste for the NHL, may as well give it to a career AHL/ECHL d-man.

Here are some thoughts on him from November.

Eric Burgdoerfer 13-0-2-2 0.15 (0.44) SHPG 0.84
Contract: 17-18; 8th pro season (vet); career 0.24; last season 0.32
Unsigned RPI grad (career high of 7 points) made his way onto ECHL Bakersfield’s roster and four so-so seasons with them cracked Hershey’s lineup for two seasons and then Rochester. He’s a great example of regressing to the mean, as his numbers have tumbled hard despite copious amounts of time with Thomas Chabot and on the PP. I ought to set up the Burgdoerfer Turnover Meter–no other player so consistently has catastrophic turnovers that rarely turn into goals–it’s a skill.
Like who makes these decisions?

Dorion? Boucher? This season has been nothing but venting frustration on how this organization is ran. I mean the majority of fans in and out of here feel the same way so we can't all be wrong.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Like who makes these decisions?

Dorion? Boucher? This season has been nothing but venting frustration on how this organization is ran. I mean the majority of fans in and out of here feel the same way so we can't all be wrong.
Randy lee has some input for sure which like, yeah. That’s enough explanation.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Why is bringing Burgdoerfer up a big deal at this point. He plays important minutes for Belleville...
I mean is this going to be a factor in the Sens season... I have no issues with giving him a look... maybe he is used as an add on piece in a trade ... At this point we might as well bring different guys up when we can.. Its encouraging for the player . Compared to everything else going on , and that has gone on this is pretty minor to get upset about

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why is bringing Burgdoerfer up a big deal at this point. He plays important minutes for Belleville...
I mean is this going to be a factor in the Sens season... I have no issues with giving him a look... maybe he is used as an add on piece in a trade ... At this point we might as well bring different guys up when we can.. Its encouraging for the player . Compared to everything else going on , and that has gone on this is pretty minor to get upset about
Well like, we’re not crying and contemplating our sens fandom over it. But why not a guy who people are actually interested in. Englund should be up if Jarod is injured. Or give Lajoie a game or two.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Small sample size, but in the one BSens game I saw live this year Burgdoerfer was likely our best all round defenceman. Englund struggled mightily the night I was there. TBH, the most intriguing prospect I saw all night was Jordan Murray, but he's on an AHL-only contract in Belleville right now. As others have speculated, Jaros might be banged up right now and besides, I'm fine with letting him develop in the A this year. He'll be in the NHL soon enough.

Any word on Stone? I'm assuming he's good to go...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Small sample size, but in the one BSens game I saw live this year Burgdoerfer was likely our best all round defenceman. Englund struggled mightily the night I was there. TBH, the most intriguing prospect I saw all night was Jordan Murray, but he's on an AHL-only contract in Belleville right now. As others have speculated, Jaros might be banged up right now and besides, I'm fine with letting him develop in the A this year. He'll be in the NHL soon enough.

Any word on Stone? I'm assuming he's good to go...
He was on the practice ice. Took a twirl but left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad