Pre-Game Talk: Senators VS Sabres (...and the lehner) Sept.23 TSN5 7pm

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If both these Senators 3 on 3 OT games have been any indication, it is a worse gimmick than a shootout.

Makes sense for TV if it is going to get games done quickly though.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I wish they played the full 5 minutes. These 3 on 3 overtime have so far ended really quickly.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
If both these Senators 3 on 3 OT games have been any indication, it is a worse gimmick than a shootout.

I was at the home game vs the leafs and I didn't realize how much ice was available until I saw it in person. There is a crazy amount of room on the ice with 3v3...mind blowing amount of space.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

Agreed. I don't like it. 4 on 4 had a bit of structure and was still exciting. 3 on 3 is shinny and has the entertainment value of an all star game.

What the NHL needs to do is prevent so many games from going to OT in the first place. It's ridiculous that over a quarter of the games aren't decided in regulation.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Agreed. I don't like it. 4 on 4 had a bit of structure and was still exciting. 3 on 3 is shinny and has the entertainment value of an all star game.

What the NHL needs to do is prevent so many games from going to OT in the first place. It's ridiculous that over a quarter of the games aren't decided in regulation.

I'm genuinely curious to see how long it takes before some sort of 3 on 3 trap system is invented.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad