Pre-Game Talk: Senators VS Sabres (...and the lehner) Sept.23 TSN5 7pm

Xamar*

I wish I could get that Cameron sound bite about Lehner when people here go on about how great he's going to be...

"I have NO interest in Robin Lehner". COLD-BLOODED.

Matt O'Connor - 1, Robin Lehner - 0

Lehner- MVP of the Calder Cup win
O'Connor- NCAA title game Chokejob
:sarcasm:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Lehner- MVP of the Calder Cup win
O'Connor- NCAA title game Chokejob

Other goalies to win the Butterfield MVP trophy...

Corey Schwabb, Anterro Nittymaki, Wade Flaherty, Michael Neuvirth, Carey Price, Pasi Nurminen, Frederic Cassivi, Johan Holmqvist...

Not exactly a barometer for NHL success.

Xamar*

Other goalies to win the Butterfield MVP trophy...

Corey Schwabb, Anterro Nittymaki, Wade Flaherty, Michael Neuvirth, Carey Price, Pasi Nurminen, Frederic Cassivi, Johan Holmqvist...

Not exactly a barometer for NHL success.

It was a barometer 3 months ago when he was still a Senator. The Carey Price comparisons were almost daily on here.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Hey Lehner, you don't play hockey so good bro!

And I was so confused to see Zack Stortini get two points, for a moment there I thought it was a typo... Then remembered :laugh:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It was a barometer 3 months ago when he was still a Senator. The Carey Price comparisons were almost daily on here.

And numerous others would counter that argument by saying apart from winning the Calder Cup mvp, the two goalies, from their demeanor to style of play, could not be any more different.

Anyways, he's a Sabre now so like Dave Cameron, I don't care about him anymore. Hope tonight was a precursor of things to come when Ottawa plays the Senators because I'd love to see MY team pump up their stats against them.

BigBush*

Very few people said that. There were some fans that were upset that the team kept Hammond instead of Lehner. But they also didn't realize there was more to it then that

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I wish I could get that Cameron sound bite about Lehner when people here go on about how great he's going to be...

"I have NO interest in Robin Lehner". COLD-BLOODED.

Matt O'Connor - 1, Robin Lehner - 0

Honestly, Matt O'Connor will be as good or better than Lehner I believe. But both will have good careers. I have been pumping O'Connor's tires for a while now. Ever since I got to see O'Connor in nets during camps, I've seen a goalie that has great potential.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
And numerous others would counter that argument by saying apart from winning the Calder Cup mvp, the two goalies, from their demeanor to style of play, could not be any more different.

Anyways, he's a Sabre now so like Dave Cameron, I don't care about him anymore. Hope tonight was a precursor of things to come when Ottawa plays the Senators because I'd love to see MY team pump up their stats against them.

I am with you and Dave Cameron. In that I care about this team. I will watch Lehner, but not with the same care as I had before, more out of interest. O'Connor is more sound position wise and technique wise than Lehner.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Does anyone else think Dzingel is better than Puempel ? Just so much more dynamic and creative. If you switched draft positions I think people would be creaming themselves about Dzingel.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Just watched chunks of the game.

What a gorgeous feed by Dzingel on Zibby's goal. And the rush on McCormick's goal.

Please keep it up, Dzingel.

Wideman also looked good. Prince too.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Bishop said Wideman is just like Karlsson except slower, worse shot and cant pass as well lol

Oh yeah, well Bishop is just like Carey Price except slower, worse glove hand and can't stop the puck as well.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
That Dzingle pass was absolutely filthy. I hope we develop his PK abiliy cause I think that speed, energy and skill would look nice on the 4th line.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I can't wait for the epic meltdowns Lehner will have playing behind that team. How many games until he very publicly starts blaming everyone of his teammates on the ice after each goal?

Last edited:

6stringmofo

Mar 12, 2015
Ottawa
I feel the Lehner question has been answered. O'Connor looks legit. I also think Cowan looked good.

Top 4 with CC or 3rd pairing with maybe Borocop as a shutdown tandem.

Put Wideman on the PP with EK65.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
CowEn.

(It's my quest to correct the most common Senators spelling mistake since Daniel Alfreddson.)

;)

Jeff Cowan was the guy who fought Chris Kelly way back in that crazy regular season game against Los Angeles where Murray lost his **** on announcer Jim Fox and Avery punched Hasek in the face.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I can't wait for the epic meltdowns Lehner will have playing behind that team. How many games until he very publicly starts blaming everyone of his team ates on the ice after each goal?
So much this ,he hasnt developed the mental game .Like i mentioned in a previous post ,i would crash his crease just a little harder everytime we play him .You know he will snap :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad