Pre-Game Talk: Senators VS Sabres (...and the lehner) Sept.23 TSN5 7pm

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
To be fair, Lehner never blames his teammates and always points the finger on himself first.

The only time I heard him blame anyone was when he said Ottawa didnt give him chance to develop properly and he is a bit right in that regard and a bit wrong so yea.

wut...

He stares them down after every goal...or throws his stick....or aggressively motions at them.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Robin Lehner is that guy on EASHL who yells into the microphone everytime someone makes a slight error in a drop in game.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Well, looks like Don Brennan didn't take kindly to Dave Cameron saying Brennan's question about Lehner's comments was stupid. Took some shots at Cameron in an article for the Sun.

Some choice quotes:

The response caught everybody off guard. Cameron, who often answers with one word or one sentence, could have stopped at "I'm not answering that," or "no comment" or, heaven forbid, his honest opinion. Like Lehner. But he was indignant. Why?

If Cameron had not been part of the team when Lehner was in Ottawa, I wouldn't have broached the subject. But he was on the staff. And he was the head coach for the last two months before Lehner suffered a season ending concussion. The question was a hard one, but it was fair.

And then, as he was leaving the scrum, he said over his shoulder, "that's a dumb question." No, it just wasn't a softball.

What a hack. Good on Cameron calling out a stupid question. What was Brennan really expecting? That Cameron would openly bash Lehner and create a circus? No, Brennan was just hoping to stir the pot for the heck of it, and for some clickbait material (it's for that reason I'm not linking to it here. Search it out for yourself if you like). This just makes me appreciate Cameron even more.

From Brennan's vendetta against Karlsson when the he wouldn't give Brennan enough interviews (while going through a divorce, and his first season without his mentor Alfredsson after a messy departure from Ottawa), to routinely throwing Jason Spezza under the bus, and many more, it's just sad.

Last edited:

BigBush*

Brennan is good at drawing attention to himself by looking like an idiot. A skill that's only valuable to have if you work for the media

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
What was the actual question?
Brennan: "When Robin Lehner told Buffalo reporters last weekend he believes he was treated unfairly in Ottawa, my first thought was hmmm ... I wonder how Senators coaches would react to that. So Wednesday morning, I asked."

i think lehner's comment was about how he would play well in Ottawa, then get benched in favor of Anderson, but when lehner would play poorly, he would keep playing. some team 1200 boys had a discussion about this and said it was unfair of lehner to say that because they could recall very few instances of this

cameron said i don't care about a player not on my team, don't care what lehner has to say

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
We need to get rid of Brennan and Garrioch. They are a jake. Looks bad on this town when the media is pissing of our players and coaches. We don't need them and their bullcrap! They are embarrassing!

Let's leave the bad press to Montreal and Toronto.

Well, looks like Don Brennan didn't take kindly to Dave Cameron saying Brennan's question about Lehner's comments was a stupid. Took some shots at Cameron in an article for the Sun.

Some choice quotes:

What a hack. Good on Cameron calling out a stupid question. What was Brennan really expecting? That Cameron would openly bash Lehner and create a circus? No, Brennan was just hoping to stir the pot for the heck of it, and for some clickbait material (it's for that reason I'm not linking to it here. Search it out for yourself if you like). This just makes me appreciate Cameron even more.

From Brennan's vendetta against Karlsson when the he wouldn't give Brennan enough interviews (while going through a divorce, and his first season without his mentor Alfredsson after a messy departure from Ottawa), to routinely throwing Jason Spezza under the bus, and many more, it's just sad.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Does anyone remember this glowing review of Ottawa's sports journalists?

"My opinion of Ottawa journalists is that they don't watch hockey at all. When they fly with the team and go through the [metal detector] at an airport, their bags are filled with beer. You realize right away what these people do when they write about the NHL."

"Let them make up nonsense about me."

We're talking about the same guys here.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Well, looks like Don Brennan didn't take kindly to Dave Cameron saying Brennan's question about Lehner's comments was a stupid. Took some shots at Cameron in an article for the Sun.

Some choice quotes:

Except that Brennan got exactly what he wanted. On the day of a boring pre-season game against the worst team in the east, he got material for a story that is actually being discussed on the internet. For a mediocre reporter at a small town tabloid, that's about as good as it gets.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Does anyone remember this glowing review of Ottawa's sports journalists?

We're talking about the same guys here.

:laugh: Oh god, I'd forgotten about this.

I loved how a few days later TSN interviewed Chris Stevenson (when he was still working for the Sun) and Stevenson said that a metal detector would catch the beer bottles, or something to that effect, essentially to imply they wouldn't even try because that would be stupid. However, he never actually denied that he or one of his colleagues did try. Big difference.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
:laugh: Oh god, I'd forgotten about this.

I loved how a few days later TSN interviewed Chris Stevenson (when he was still working for the Sun) and Stevenson said that a metal detector would catch the beer bottles, or something to that effect, essentially to imply they wouldn't even try because that would be stupid. However, he never actually denied that he or one of his colleagues did try. Big difference.

My favorite part about that was that Kovalev was calling them a bunch of drunks by way of metaphor... and the only way they could try to save face was by taking him literally and denying attempting to bring beer through an airport security point.

And then a day later, Kovalev called them out on that fact:

"It means I was right. Otherwise they wouldn't have reacted the way they did."

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Wow. That really is stupid. I wish I could have seen his face when it happened.

1297380541644_ORIGINAL.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad