Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2015-2016 Part II

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Don't agree with your "rule".. Alfredsson, Stone, Hoffman are examples on the Sens.
Dylan Larkin is a 2nd liner floor
Look at Connor he is a 1st or 2nd liner 17th.
Benn was 129th
Gaudreau 104th

I think White has a realistic shot at being a top 6 forward there really is no rule governing these guys development.

If benns floor was 2liner he wouldn't have went 129th in the first place.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Don't agree with your "rule".. Alfredsson, Stone, Hoffman are examples on the Sens.
Dylan Larkin is a 2nd liner floor
Look at Connor he is a 1st or 2nd liner 17th.
Benn was 129th
Gaudreau 104th

I think White has a realistic shot at being a top 6 forward there really is no rule governing these guys development.

Also yeah. Exactly. He has realistic shot at being a top 6 forward. So it wouldn't be his FLOOR. Get it.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
There's no room for White next year. Maybe after his college season he turns pro and gets a few games in the AHL. I think he forces his way on the team the following year though.

Chabot playing next year would be a surprise as well.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
There's no room for White next year. Maybe after his college season he turns pro and gets a few games in the AHL. I think he forces his way on the team the following year though.

Based on this team right now, they should not play up next year. But will be primed for Karlsson's contract year to add to a pretty good upgrade on the Cowens, Wierciochs, Chaissons of this year.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Greening Phillips michalek Neil signings were cutting corners?
Not many were crying, when we inked all three around here though ,anymore revisionist history you want to share .Cowen and Wiercioch ,failing after showing promise .Guess it was also dumb of BM to resign two young potential top 4 guys there as well:shakehead

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

If Chiasson and Neil are gone there's more than enough space for White.

Even if it's just one of the two that leave. (*cough* SHOWN THE DOOR *cough*)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Chiasson and Neil are gone there's more than enough space for White.

Even if it's just one of the two that leave. (*cough* SHOWN THE DOOR *cough*)
Both are gone ,we need much better .Actually would be surprised if they arent gone by the deadline,add in Wiercioch and maybe Cowen

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I really hope so topshelf (where grandma hides the cookies)
Neil is exactly where another great team guy in Carkner was ,BM offered up a token 1 year deal knowing full well he could get better as a UFA .This is what likely happens ,Chaisson will be a throw in to grab a late pick .He is very replaceable

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The problem is that Neil has been here for almost 1000 games. Carkner was barely here for a fraction of that time.

It was easier to cut ties with Carkner. I guess we'll see what happens.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The problem is that Neil has been here for almost 1000 games. Carkner was barely here for a fraction of that time.

It was easier to cut ties with Carkner. I guess we'll see what happens.
Trade to TB for Condra :handclap:They need the cap space for next season:laugh:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not many were crying, when we inked all three around here though ,anymore revisionist history you want to share .Cowen and Wiercioch ,failing after showing promise .Guess it was also dumb of BM to resign two young potential top 4 guys there as well:shakehead
Who wasn't crying when the Phillips michalek and Neil and greening extensions were signed?
I know I was.

"Oh just revisionist history". Yeah. For some. But not most. I'm not a smarter man that Bryan Murray when it comes to hockey. And I have been wrong about quite a bit. But under my watch those contracts are never handed out. He hs butchered our budget

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Who wasn't crying when the Phillips michalek and Neil extensions were signed?
I know I was.
Look at the post,s ,the most funniest is the one where Greening was resigned .Phillips was a year too long but at 2,5 on a rebuilding club it was pretty meh .Neil resigned for less money than what was rumored to have been offered by the Rangers ,and took an extra year .Again pretty meh 1.6 isnt going to break anything .

Milo was resigned as a need for a solid veteran two way top9 winger ,he proved his worth again during that nice run where he went a ppg while covering for an injured Macarther in the top 6 .

The two problem childs are Wiercioch and Cowen ,both of whom were both resigned without much whining from this fanbase.In hopes they could build on some early success ,this never happened .And thankfully will be at end by as early as the deadline due to both not being locking into crazy dollar amounts or terms .

Not one of BM,s signing were seen as franchise altering .Just logical,the luck that every one ended up being what the turned out to be is just fool,s luck and nothing else

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Who wasn't crying when the Phillips michalek and Neil and greening extensions were signed?
I know I was.

"Oh just revisionist history". Yeah. For some. But not most. I'm not a smarter man that Bryan Murray when it comes to hockey. And I have been wrong about quite a bit. But under my watch those contracts are never handed out. He hs butchered our budget
So we would have spent more trying to replace them ???And if they failed then what ??you could have easily butchered our cap space far worse

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The plan hasnt changed ,we are building our team around youth .Every young team that does this looks too add good veteran support .But doesnt want to have them locked into 5+ year deals .So i dont get the constant crying about a 4th liner ,a solid top 9 winger .And a dman that is going to retire on LTIR ,and doesnt even count against the cap .

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I think McCormick replaces Neil easily next year. Who replaces Chiasson? The issue of rushing a White or Chabot (for the D voids) remains to be decided.

Claesson should be ready or move on. That's one. Wikstrand will never play here (imo), I do not know if Englund's game is ready. I liked Jaros out of TCamp but he needs seasoning too.

Cowen, Wiercioch and Phillips is a lot to replace without considering a Chabot and our potential 2016 1st rounder if he's a D.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think McCormick replaces Neil easily next year. Who replaces Chiasson? The issue of rushing a White or Chabot (for the D voids) remains to be decided.

Claesson should be ready or move on. That's one. Wikstrand will never play here (imo), I do not know if Englund's game is ready. I liked Jaros out of TCamp but he needs seasoning too.

Cowen, Wiercioch and Phillips is a lot to replace without considering a Chabot and our potential 2016 1st rounder if he's a D.

Quite a dilemma. Got a dart board?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
So we would have spent more trying to replace them ???And if they failed then what ??you could have easily butchered our cap space far worse

Well, other than Milo, all those players could have been replaced internally.

So, we could have saved money.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I can't imagine Buddy Robinson not being able to bring as much to the table as Chiasson does. Might have even less upside offensively but Chiasson does nothing offensively so we're not losing much and Buddy might actually be better two-way.

Bringing him up would protect us from rushing White or Paul without wasting any potential since he does not have much upside.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

You're right. Someone else would have searched far and wide and spent millions of on replacing what greening brough to our team haha.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
At some point you have to call a spade a spade. He doesnt deserve to be disrespected but truth is that he might not be cut out for the NHL anymore or alternatively there might be younger players who can contribute more at a cheaper price. Its not about Chris Neil its about who's the next Chris Neil for me now.

That's the thing... Hockey fans (Canadians particularly) go too far and are way too fanatic. There's no reason to disrespect hockey players but yet, they do it very often.

That being said, I do agree with you, Neil is not the intimidating factor he was before so "there might be younger players who can contribute more at a cheaper price". Everything he means to this franchise will be sorely missed but he is now replaceable. With White, Puempel, Prince, Paul, McCormick, Lindberg (?) and Dzingel (?) to insert in the line-up in the next few years, we'll need the spots anyway

Greening Phillips michalek Neil signings were cutting corners?

Neil and Phillips were cheap veteran contracts (4.4 combined, which is well below the average NHL salary) to provide some leadership, work ethic, sense of belonging, experience, young players insulating, etc.

I think last year line up was already one of the least experienced in the NHL history so imagine without Neil and Phillips :laugh: At some point, you can't ice 19 rookies every game.

Greening and Michalek were positive contributors and worth (or close) their contract AT THE TIME they were signed. I personally wouldn't have signed Greening (but instead traded him) because I never had faith in him, but even the biggest Murray haters like Fuhr were really happy with it and were pumping his tires. Michalek, absolutely no problem. Unfortunately, he is injury prone since he joined Ottawa so he can't contribute as much as he could. But it's not Murray or Michalek's fault, it's just circumstances/luck/whatever.

It's heavily delusional to think that all your contracts can be huge wins like Turris, Stone, Karlsson, etc. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't and it balances out in the end. Another thing to consider is Canadian teams have to overpay a bit because of weather, taxes, etc. Canadian teams aren't really the biggest market for UFAs.. More money is pretty much the only incentive they have over American cities.

I know I was.

Links to the 4 threads please. Let's verify that. You were in the minority if true, but at the same time, have you ever been optimistic about a signing/trade? :laugh: In that case, that wouldn't be a great accomplishment, just the norm...

"under my watch" lolz, that's funny but I don't think you realize how overwhelmed you'd be in that position... Unless you tell me you actually manage a hundred millions business...

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's the thing... Hockey fans (Canadians particularly) go too far and are way too fanatic. There's no reason to disrespect hockey players but yet, they do it very often.

That being said, I do agree with you, Neil is not the intimidating factor he was before so "there might be younger players who can contribute more at a cheaper price". Everything he means to this franchise will be sorely missed but he is now replaceable. With White, Puempel, Prince, Paul, McCormick, Lindberg (?) and Dzingel (?) to insert in the line-up in the next few years, we'll need the spots anyway

Neil and Phillips were cheap veteran contracts (4.4 combined, which is well below the average NHL salary) to provide some leadership, work ethic, sense of belonging, experience, young players insulating, etc.

I think last year line up was already one of the least experienced in the NHL history so imagine without Neil and Phillips :laugh: At some point, you can't ice 19 rookies every game.

Greening and Michalek were positive contributors and worth (or close) their contract AT THE TIME they were signed. I personally wouldn't have signed Greening (but instead traded him) because I never had faith in him, but even the biggest Murray haters like Fuhr were really happy with it and were pumping his tires. Michalek, absolutely no problem. Unfortunately, he is injury prone since he joined Ottawa so he can't contribute as much as he could. But it's not Murray or Michalek's fault, it's just circumstances/luck/whatever.

It's heavily delusional to think that all your contracts can be huge wins like Turris, Stone, Karlsson, etc. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't and it balances out in the end. Another thing to consider is Canadian teams have to overpay a bit because of weather, taxes, etc. Canadian teams aren't really the biggest market for UFAs.. More money is pretty much the only incentive they have over American cities.

Links to the 4 threads please. Let's verify that. You were in the minority if true, but at the same time, have you ever been optimistic about a signing/trade? :laugh: In that case, that wouldn't be a great accomplishment, just the norm...

"under my watch" lolz

Of course I have been. I liked the Clarke MacArthur.

And I didn't say we woulbe better off with me than Bryan Murray. I said under me those contracts would not be handed out.

I mean also under me we wouldnt have made the rundblad turris trade. But I would have pulled the trigger on zibanejad and a 1st for oreilly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad