Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2015-2016 Part II

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
His performance so far could best be described as mixed. Sometimes he's great, sometimes he's average. He hasn't really been able to find any sort of consistancy yet this season. With 10 games left of the regular season he and his goaltending partner have appeared in the same number of games. At the moment it feels like Högberg finds himself in a backup role though. The way the coaching staff is using them it could change with a couple of good starts however.

Statswise he currently sit in 11th place league wide with a 90.71 save percentage and 2.40 GAA in 22 games. His record is 11-5-5.

As for Binghamton, my guess would be the 2017-2018 at the earliest. As I reported earlier he re-signed with Linköping for two years not long ago (so they obviously see pontential, despite him not having taken the step people hoped... he's only 21 though, so their is still plenty of time for him to take the next step). At that point he hadn't really heard anything from the Senators, but they are probably taking it slow anyway.

He' the only goalie Linköping have under contract for next year at the moment so they could be looking to run him as the starter with another of their youngsters as the backup. It would also depend on what happens with the other goalie obviously. I personaly think more starts could be what he needs to take the next step.

Thanks for the writeup, I guess there's no rush to go to Bingo as Driedger and O'Connor won't graduate anytime soon.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's not just his attitude infront of the net. He's not afraid to cut in on the defense and go to the net with the puck when on the rush, which I love to see. That along with his commitment to back-checking and I'm excited to see how much more he'll progress :) As for the skill goals, some have already been posted, but yes he does that as well.

Yep, that's the kind of stuff I want to see. It all adds up in the toolbox. Scoring different ways, being versatile, having the ability to score both with skill and with grit makes for a guy who will score in the NHL.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Anyone got the skinny on Lindberg for a Leaf fan?
tia

Tobias-Lindberg-2015-Memorial-Cup-Championship-eZqKfKWOjYXl.jpg

best player in the trade for the long term.

will likely be a third scoring line winger, who moves up to second in case of injuries. Can play both wings, and can skate and accelerate well above league average. Played a big part in the memorial cup for his team. Murray likely traded him because I liked him and he is swedish.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013

will likely be a third scoring line winger, who moves up to second in case of injuries. Can play both wings, and can skate and accelerate well above league average. Played a big part in the memorial cup for his team. Murray likely traded him because I liked him and he is swedish.

Thanks. Something else for me to be excited about and follow...

GL to you guys in your playoff push. Dion will be a solid support piece.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Huge stretch.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Forgot to mention soft for his size and no defensive awareness. Can be taught though

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lindberg is great 2 way guy, if there's a knock on him it's his offensive ceiling. Will he be more than a bottom 6er? His offensive IQ is not expansive but he has great tools.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He was barely, if even in our top 10 prospects, sucks to lose him, but it really isn't a big blow.

I'd rather he be traded than:

Paul
Puempel
Jaros
Englund
Chabot
White
Gagne
Chlapik

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Thanks. Something else for me to be excited about and follow...

Caveat: the poster who said that is the biggest Lindberg fan in North America.

Take it with a grain of salt. Don't get me wrong, Tobias is a nice prospect, a solid B... But he's far from anything resembling a blue-chip prospect.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
He was barely, if even in our top 10 prospects, sucks to lose him, but it really isn't a big blow.

I'd rather he be traded than:

Paul
Puempel
Jaros
Englund
Chabot
White
Gagne
Chlapik

Disagree that either Gagne or Chlapik are ahead of Lindberg on our prospect list right now.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Caveat: the poster who said that is the biggest Lindberg fan in North America.

Take it with a grain of salt. Don't get me wrong, Tobias is a nice prospect, a solid B... But he's far from anything resembling a blue-chip prospect.

Well, he said he is likely to be a 3rd liner, so I guess to him 3rd liner > #2-3 D?

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I think Gagne is.

Chlapik though, maybe not. Those small sample-sizes presented by WJCs hold an unbalanced weight in player evaluations, and he didn't have the best tournament.

I base my statement not so much on Gagne or Chlapik's performance this year -- both are okay -- so much as on Lindberg's production at the AHL level. His numbers are actually quite good for a 20 year old, especially considering the team he's been on is quite weak.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Gagne is.

Chlapik though, maybe not. Those small sample-sizes presented by WJCs hold an unbalanced weight in player evaluations, and he didn't have the best tournament.
Based on what I saw in the development camp & rookie tournament this past summer I have to say that Gagne reminds me of Chiasson. Whether he becomes more of a goal scorer than Chiasson at the NHL level, if he even makes it that far, remains to be seen but he is a fast skater although not very physical. I guess we'll get a better idea next yr when he plays in Bingo.

Chlapik wasn't much of a factor that I could see but it was his first camp & I think he learned a lot about what is & will be expected from him in future & what he needs to work on including better conditioning. He is a good skater though & seems to have nice hands & pretty good stick handling abilities. I imagine he will be a better hockey player at this season's development camp & rookie tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad