Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2015-2016 Part II

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That guy slips down to in front of the net in a hurry befor whites goal. Nice job

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
A bit surprised that there continues to be little talk of Andreas Englund in here. Captained the Swedish U-20s, showing an underrated ability to clear in front of the net and some strong work along the boards. Seems unnaturally awkward with the puck, but makes the simple choice with the the first pass and gets the puck moving. Offers physicality, size and good skating ability, and now has been selected for Team Sweden for the European Hockey Tour. An assistant captain for Djurgårdens IF and seems physically and mentally prepared for the jump to the NHL.

He's a guy that I expect to come into camp and win a job next year based on his steady progress this season, playing in the top 4 with either Ceci or Karlsson as a strong complementary piece to a puck moving defenseman. Basically, he's exactly what the organization was hoping for Cowen to become.

I think he doesn't get a lot of discussion because of the nature of his game. Being a shutdown guy isn't sexy and doesn't pop up on a score sheet. None of us really get to see him play aside from the WJC. During the WJC he was talked about lots. I'm a big fan of the way he played there. He just manhandled guys. The Anton Volchenkov comparison is valid. He can definitely be that guy in a few years.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Chlapik - 2g 1a, including game-tying goal late in the third and OT assist. Looks like he's finding his game lately
Perron - 2g. Moves into 2nd place in Q scoring with 78 points.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Chlapik - 2g 1a, including game-tying goal late in the third and OT assist. Looks like he's finding his game lately

Unsurprising considering Sprong is back. I guess that has been the excuse for Chlapiks lack of production so far this year. A playmaker with nobody to play with haha.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
White 0 points in 4-3 win. Bust.
Well, that's partly because BC leading scorer Colin White injured in win over UNH; status for Beanpot final uncertain:
Then to make matters worse, first-line center and leading scorer Colin White (35 points in 25 games) left Friday’s game in the third period and did not return. York said after the game that White suffered “kind of a sprained wrist.â€

York said the statuses of White, Wood and Calnan for Monday night are all uncertain and that he would have to see how the next couple days go.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
So, we all know he's a really hard worker and gritty and puts up points.

My question, has anyone here seen him put up some good "skill" goals? I love the bulldog attitude around the net, and the few highlights posted here where he wills his way to scoring, but I'd love to see what his hands are like when given a bit of room to dangle, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUd8Akl2GjU

go to 1:15 of this video.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Also people know that Alfredssson hardly ever scored a "fancy" goal. He wasn't one to throw dekes and dangle, you can be a strong offensive player without deking.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Also people know that Alfredssson hardly ever scored a "fancy" goal. He wasn't one to throw dekes and dangle, you can be a strong offensive player without deking.

Yeah but alfie had an elite release. He had that high end ability that allowed him to put up points in the NHL.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
So, we all know he's a really hard worker and gritty and puts up points.

My question, has anyone here seen him put up some good "skill" goals? I love the bulldog attitude around the net, and the few highlights posted here where he wills his way to scoring, but I'd love to see what his hands are like when given a bit of room to dangle, as well.

It's not just his attitude infront of the net. He's not afraid to cut in on the defense and go to the net with the puck when on the rush, which I love to see. That along with his commitment to back-checking and I'm excited to see how much more he'll progress :) As for the skill goals, some have already been posted, but yes he does that as well.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
What might set White apart from the Lazars of the world is the fact that he seems to be very, very smart on the ice.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
How has Hogberg played this season and when will we see him in Binghamton.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Explain to me how White's game is similar to Lazar's?

They are not anything alike

Not fancy heart-and-soul guys who scored in their "junior" leagues. Both don't score a lot of pretty goals and both are very strong on the defensive end.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not fancy heart-and-soul guys who scored in their "junior" leagues. Both don't score a lot of pretty goals and both are very strong on the defensive end.

Their styles are different though. Lazar is a more straight ahead crash bang type. White does not play like that.

Othello*

Sucks to hear about his wrist. I'm pretty sure he injured it during his draft also.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
How has Hogberg played this season and when will we see him in Binghamton.

His performance so far could best be described as mixed. Sometimes he's great, sometimes he's average. He hasn't really been able to find any sort of consistancy yet this season. With 10 games left of the regular season he and his goaltending partner have appeared in the same number of games. At the moment it feels like Högberg finds himself in a backup role though. The way the coaching staff is using them it could change with a couple of good starts however.

Statswise he currently sit in 11th place league wide with a 90.71 save percentage and 2.40 GAA in 22 games. His record is 11-5-5.

As for Binghamton, my guess would be the 2017-2018 at the earliest. As I reported earlier he re-signed with Linköping for two years not long ago (so they obviously see pontential, despite him not having taken the step people hoped... he's only 21 though, so their is still plenty of time for him to take the next step). At that point he hadn't really heard anything from the Senators, but they are probably taking it slow anyway.

He' the only goalie Linköping have under contract for next year at the moment so they could be looking to run him as the starter with another of their youngsters as the backup. It would also depend on what happens with the other goalie obviously. I personaly think more starts could be what he needs to take the next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->