Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2015-2016 Part II

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Of course I have been. I liked the Clarke MacArthur.

And I didn't say we woulbe better off with me than Bryan Murray. I said under me those contracts would not be handed out.

I mean also under me we wouldnt have made the rundblad turris trade. But I would have pulled the trigger on zibanejad and a 1st for oreilly.

Yeah whatever, for me all that GM armchair stuff is not reality talk, but just fantasy. Everything is easy behind a computer screen. Unless you work for the CIA and had his phones tapped, all those rumours are just speculation. We have NO IDEA why things never happened and even if it was real.

Also, it's easy to say "I wouldn't have re-signed this guy" when you don't understand how difficult it might be to attract better players to the city of Ottawa... But whatever floats your boat, if you have fun I guess it's okay. Just keep it respectful please.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah whatever, for me all that GM armchair stuff is not reality talk, but just fantasy. Everything is easy behind a computer screen. Unless you work for the CIA and had his phones tapped, all those rumours are just speculation. We have NO IDEA why things never happened and even if it was real.

Also, it's easy to say "I wouldn't have re-signed this guy" when you don't understand how difficult it might be to attract better players to the city of Ottawa... But whatever floats your boat, if you have fun I guess it's okay. Just keep it respectful please.
I can find better players than those 3 down my street. Very easily could have been replaced internally. Instead of Murray playing the nice guy. Just say "hey we don't have the luxury to be paying 4th liners and 7th d men that kind of money. Sorry. That's life. ".

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
lol ok... nevermind. Exactly what I was saying.

Aw my disrespect? Those millionaires can handle it trust me

Anyway back to prospects and off this "holier than thou" you-know -what:
Ballairgeon scored a pretty nice goal the other day. Was skating behind the net and knocked it in about 4 ft off the ice. The guy has a lot of tools. Has taken a weird dip though from what I remember. Anyone watch him play?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Aw my disrespect? Those millionaires can handle it trust me

Not talking about that at all, you are not on my ignore list, I find that you are respectful enough

Having money doesn't change everything. You can buy better material and live a more "comfortable" life but it doesn't buy respect, love, trust, etc.

I was more talking about the armchair GM stuff but whatever, if you have fun you can keep going I guess.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not talking about that at all, you are not on my ignore list, I find that you are respectful enough

Having money doesn't change everything. You can buy better material and live a more "comfortable" life but it doesn't buy respect, love, trust, etc.

I was more talking about the armchair GM stuff but whatever, if you have fun you can keep going I guess.

This is a discussion board. Any idea said is armchair gming. Agreeing with management would also be armchair GMing. This is a prospects thread. Where we talk about prospects and give our opinions. We are armchair scouting. It's the nature of our work here.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You might not have signed Michalek or Phillips but you would have signed Filatov and SDC because they dangle.

So you are correct, if you, as your are today, were the GM you wouldn't have signed those stupid contracts. You have signed other ones. Congratulations.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You might not have signed Michalek or Phillips but you would have signed Filatov and SDC because they dangle.

So you are correct, if you, as your are today, were the GM you wouldn't have signed those stupid contracts. You have signed other ones. Congratulations.

No no if I was gm THEN I wouldn't have handed out Those contracts. No hindsight here. But like I admitted. I would have also not made moves that turned out well. Wouldn't have made the turris trade. I probably would have given filatov a longer look. I wouldn't have kept sdc though was never a fan.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
"When it comes to Colin White, what else is there to say? The kid is simply ridiculous. Outside of Eichel, has there been a better freshman in Hockey East since Kariya? Probably not."

Colin White is the closest thing weve had to a Daniel Alfredsson type player. Obviously he's got a long way to be even half as good. But White is the high-skill and speed-hardworking- player our forward corps has been missing since Alfie left.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
"When it comes to Colin White, what else is there to say? The kid is simply ridiculous. Outside of Eichel, has there been a better freshman in Hockey East since Kariya? Probably not."

Colin White is the closest thing weve had to a Daniel Alfredsson type player. Obviously he's got a long way to be even half as good. But White is the high-skill and speed-hardworking- player our forward corps has been missing since Alfie left.

That quote is REMARKABLY high praise. Who said that? Pronman?

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I see White as a Derek Stepan type of player, very good 2-way, but not on Alfredsson's level. I don't see the creativity and shot that Alfie had.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
That would be a huge win in my books for a 21st overall becoming a Stepan like player.

That would allow the Sens to move one of Turris, Zib, or White for a similar defenseman.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That would be a huge win in my books for a 21st overall becoming a Stepan like player.

That would allow the Sens to move one of Turris, Zib, or White for a similar defenseman.

We need all three because none of them are going to be clear cut top line material I think.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
if white does 2 more years in Boston can he hit UFA?

i know after 2 years you can re enter the draft and don't know how Justin Shultz hit ufa.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
if white does 2 more years in Boston can he hit UFA?

the NHL club will retain the rights of the player for exclusive negotiation through August 15 following the graduation of his college class provided he remains a college student through at least the start of his senior season.

Freshman Sophomore Junior Senior

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

So, we all know he's a really hard worker and gritty and puts up points.

My question, has anyone here seen him put up some good "skill" goals? I love the bulldog attitude around the net, and the few highlights posted here where he wills his way to scoring, but I'd love to see what his hands are like when given a bit of room to dangle, as well.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
the NHL club will retain the rights of the player for exclusive negotiation through August 15 following the graduation of his college class provided he remains a college student through at least the start of his senior season.

Freshman Sophomore Junior Senior

Ok and iirc he's only going for 3 years?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
5White.gif

White gwg vs Harvard to advance to Bean Pot Final

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
A bit surprised that there continues to be little talk of Andreas Englund in here. Captained the Swedish U-20s, showing an underrated ability to clear in front of the net and some strong work along the boards. Seems unnaturally awkward with the puck, but makes the simple choice with the the first pass and gets the puck moving. Offers physicality, size and good skating ability, and now has been selected for Team Sweden for the European Hockey Tour. An assistant captain for Djurgårdens IF and seems physically and mentally prepared for the jump to the NHL.

He's a guy that I expect to come into camp and win a job next year based on his steady progress this season, playing in the top 4 with either Ceci or Karlsson as a strong complementary piece to a puck moving defenseman. Basically, he's exactly what the organization was hoping for Cowen to become.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad