Sean Couturier Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Bull****. He isn't slow. Slow players don't get back to defend against every top line in the league as incredibly well as he does.

Nor does good checking take him out of it. He's strong on the puck, routinely outmuscles guys to maintain control and set up players, and is damned hard to move from the net which is a big reason why he's so good around the crease.

"Good" is selling short the work he's doing all over both zones.
I said he's doing good. let's see what happens.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Woot.

JV5uUMc.jpg

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Although I didn’t post in this thread, I was all for trading Coots for the right package. Thank god I’m not the GM and I’m here to eat crow. Couturier has been phenomenal, this was the player we all hoped we drafted.

Reactions: SnS and Tripod

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't think he'll actually sustain this pace, nor does he need to, but Coots for 40 goals would be the biggest middle finger ever. Pacing for 42 at the moment.....

"Sean Couturier, the Flyers first 40 goal scorer and best pure shooter since Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne before him. And he did it without ever lifting a puck."

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I don't think he'll actually sustain this pace, nor does he need to, but Coots for 40 goals would be the biggest middle finger ever. Pacing for 42 at the moment.....

"Sean Couturier, the Flyers first 40 goal scorer and best pure shooter since Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne before him. And he did it without ever lifting a puck."
There is a difference and that is pure shooter to what coots scores. He's doing great.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I'm sure that Couts is between three Selke Trophy finalists NOW.

I'm praying that he will score 30 goals, it would be f***ing great for him.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

WHOA, HEY NOW!! It's really hard on his baby wrists, but Couturier can definitely lift the puck.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think Hextall recognized all along how valuable Couturier is. Though I don’t think he foresaw *this* level of offense.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
40 goals would be amazing. The best possible way for Coots to dunk on the haters.

And when certain posters with no ability to actually recognize hockey talent speak up about other players everyone should just post links to thus thread.

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Don't worry, they will be back if Couts has a down year next year saying:

1 year wonder
Fluke year
Rode Giroux's coat tails
Etc...

Of course it's funny that lots of the Couts haters, were also saying Giroux was finished and a cap dump.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Funny how a lot of Couts supporters think Hextall is screwing up by encouraging his offensively skilled prospects to become two way players because it might stifle their creativity - sure ruined Couts, didn't it?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Do you guys think Coots wouldve had a shot at making team Canada if NHLers could play in the Olympics?

I imagine itd be tough because he would be fighting for a center spot...but the year he is having I think hed have a case to make it over a guy like Getzlaf or Bergeron.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Funny how a lot of Couts supporters think Hextall is screwing up by encouraging his offensively skilled prospects to become two way players because it might stifle their creativity - sure ruined Couts, didn't it?
Hahaha....so we should ignore that he was already elite defensively in Jr and proved it as a rookie?

Seriously, you are falling apart tonight with your comments.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad