Sean Couturier Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
All things held equal, bigger is better.

And Couts shows that it's the mix of skills, he doesn't have great speed, but he compensates with size, skill and a high hockey IQ. Size matters, whether back checking on defense, or shooting with a defender draped over him.

So EVERYTHING matters, and you have to think of the team as well, if all you have are small, speedy players, who forechecks, who backchecks, wins battles in the corners and boards, and screens the goalie in front of the net?

The beauty of guys like Couts is they make their linemates better because they can adjust their game to fit with different linemates.
Except things are almost never equal. If there's two 100% identical players, except one is 5'8'' and the other is 6'2'', then sure, you take the bigger guy. But that's never the case.

Just look at the excuses being made for Weise and Lehtera. The two least skilled guys on the entire team, but you defend them because they're bigger than the smaller far superior players.

Like I said, skill and brains are always more important. Giroux proves that.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Except things are almost never equal. If there's two 100% identical players, except one is 5'8'' and the other is 6'2'', then sure, you take the bigger guy. But that's never the case.

Just look at the excuses being made for Weise and Lehtera. The two least skilled guys on the entire team, but you defend them because they're bigger than the smaller far superior players.

Like I said, skill and brains are always more important. Giroux proves that.
Also, Couturiers by far the best attribute is his IQ. Is it advantage for him to be big? Sure, but what makes him so good is his brain.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This post is ridiculous......not comparable. The oceans makeup is a fact just like Couturier has yet to score 40 points or score 20 goals. I like Sean Couturier as a 3rd line/PK'er. But when people suggest that he is the best center to elevate other players game then I am going to disagree.
Another summer quote that looks foolish today.

He must be busy since he has disappeared with Couts playing so well.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Tavares clip will be shown over and over again and sink him. Yet JT was never a threat the whole time and it was Ghost who lost his man and scored.

Reactions: SnS

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
Shut the **** up man. Are you really trying to jinx him? Because you know the hockey gods want him to get hurt for the year at 49 points so people can claim he isn't a 50 point player.

Knock on some god damn wood right now.

He hit the big 5-0 tonight. Still a point per game pace and also pacing for 42 goals fwiw.

Reactions: Tripod

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Couturier really needs to step it up. He may never break 40 goals. I think his wrists are worn out here past midseason. He let that scavenger Konecny steal his goal. Where's the killer instinct?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
50-in-50-logo765.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It is not a good thing that they're playing Giroux so much.
Couts is a horse in his prime (knock on wood, dings, not stamina, has been his problem)
I expect Patrick to be in the top 10 in minutes starting in a year or two, guys like Nico may be more skilled, but when Patrick gets to hit the weight room he's going to be a big, naturally strong kid with the smarts to conserve energy on the ice, and will be hard to wear down.
Vorobyev is another guy in that mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad