Sean Couturier Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I can't remember if it was Chris Prior or whomever, but there was a quote you basically know the player you have after 300 games. Well, if Couturier continues playing like a 1C after over 400 games and signed for the next 4 seasons at 4.33 million? :banana:

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I can't remember if it was Chris Prior or whomever, but there was a quote you basically know the player you have after 300 games. Well, if Couturier continues playing like a 1C after over 400 games and signed for the next 4 seasons at 4.33 million? :banana:
Biggest surprise of the year by far. I think most thought he had more offence in him but he's been unreal. Finishing plays were always an issue with him but this year he's off the charts (he looks so relaxed and confident out there with G and Voracek)

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
If he keeps this up and stays in the top 10 in scoring he should get some serious Hart consideration. No other top point producer plays the 2 way game he does.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Couts will have 39 points in 25 games, then suffer a season ending injury so everyone will harp on his lack of 40 point seasons. You just know its going to happen.

I've been thinking something like this is inevitable.

Couturier works extremely hard and plays very tough minutes. Which, unfortunately, leads to a lot of injuries.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I love looking back to just 3 months ago in this thread and seeing:

"I like Sean Couturier as a 3rd line/PK'er. But when people suggest that he is the best center to elevate other players game then I am going to disagree."
-written by someone who gets paid to follow hockey.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

"I like Sean Couturier as a 3rd line/PK'er. But when people suggest that he is the best center to elevate other players game then I am going to disagree."

I mean, 2015-16 was the start of his up-tick... both that season and last year combined he was already producing like a low end 1C at 5v5, with great metrics and some of the toughest minutes in the NHL!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I mean, 2015-16 was the start of his up-tick... both that season and last year combined he was already producing like a low end 1C at 5v5, with great metrics and some of the toughest minutes in the NHL!
Yes your stats show that. Some just chose to ignore it and only look at season ending total points.

I am just glad for Couts himself. He put in the years of having to worry about defense first while others like Laughton got gifted a 2nd line scoring role. Glad that line is playing well and Couts is a big part of it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

They should build a statue of that guy outside a clown museum. What a bozo. You know what's worse than a post dripping with condescension? A post full of stupidity dripping with condescension. Every. Single. Time.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This shouldn't be that suprising, takes a jump at 22, another at 24.
I expect Provorov and Patrick to follow a similar pattern, a jump around 21 or so and another around 23-24.
Flyers players won't put up instant offense like players on teams like Edmonton, because they're actually asked to play defense.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Couturier is the new Bergeron.

Will likely win a Selke in 1-3 years.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's crazy that he is 2 goals away from matching his career high. And he honestly could have many more if he had Scheifele's shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->