RW Zachary Senyshyn - Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds, OHL (2015, 15th, BOS)

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Barzal will be the much, much better player. That Debrusk, Zboril and Senyshyn disaster looked bad back then and it will look a lot worse in a few years when none of them have any impact.

Keep telling yourself that, Senyshyn is playing outstanding now that he is over his appendectomy and mono from the summer. Meanwhile Brazal is piling up the goals , 4, since he has returned to the WHL. Great number, perimeter player with no.physical play to his game. Reminds me of jets fans raving about Kyle Connor, finally gets sent to the AHL and they claim he will light it up, yup, he sure has, 4 goals 4 assists and -10, another perimeter player who has no physical game but everyone looks at his points in the NCAA, little difference between this leagues. He will disappear within three years, Europe here he comes.

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Keep telling yourself that, Senyshyn is playing outstanding now that he is over his appendectomy and mono from the summer. Meanwhile Brazal is piling up the goals , 4, since he has returned to the WHL. Great number, perimeter player with no.physical play to his game. Reminds me of jets fans raving about Kyle Connor, finally gets sent to the AHL and they claim he will light it up, yup, he sure has, 4 goals 4 assists and -10, another perimeter player who has no physical game but everyone looks at his points in the NCAAA, little difference between this leagues. He will disappear within three years, Europe here he comes.

No need to give Barzal 25% more goals than he has on the year, he's got 3 not 4. :laugh:

Didn't like the Seny pick at the time but I think he's proved to be a quality prospect, as pure a goal scorer as they come.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think senyshyn would be a great line mate for Barzal. One always wants to pass, the other always wants to shoot. It's the classic argument. Would you rather the 50 point center with 5 goals or the 40 point wing with 5 assists. I like senyshyns size, speed and goal scoring ability. Others like barzals puck control, vision, and passing ability. Some like the center over the winger. The Bruins though need wingers over centerman. With Bergeron, krejci, backes, spooner, czarnik all centers, and JFK and donato capable centers in the system. RW is far more of a need. He has 4 hat tricks this year and after a very slow start he has heated up considerably to vault himself into the top 5 in the ohl in goals. And he's playing the last 20+ games like someone who has advanced past the talent level of the ohl p

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
With the Bruins lacking talented right wingers outside of David Pastrnak, Senyshyn could make a real run at a top-six slot on the roster next season. If he can translate his scoring ways to the NHL game, he will be exactly what the doctor ordered for the Bruins. All the pieces seem to be there; now only time will tell if Senyshyn can be an impact player for the Bruins.
http://thehockeywriters.com/new-wave-of-potential-bruins-forwards/

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Can Backes play LW? If so I'd love to see Backes-Krejci-Senyshyn

Imho, Senyshyn won't play for the Bruins next season, even less in the top 6. He is a healthy scratche right now in the PBruins run to the Calder cup (got one game due to Chelarik injury but after that game the brass decide to play other scratches than him). So don't count on him on the Bruins soon, he is still a long long term project.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Imho, Senyshyn won't play for the Bruins next season, even less in the top 6. He is a healthy scratche right now in the PBruins run to the Calder cup (got one game due to Chelarik injury but after that game the brass decide to play other scratches than him). So don't count on him on the Bruins soon, he is still a long long term project.

Which is fine. I think with Pasta and Backes as your top two RWs you can give him time. Long term second line LW is the only issue I see in the top six.

Hopefully they go after Landeskog and solve that problem. If they're able to get Landy some combination of Vatrano/Debrusk/Heinen/Chelarik/JFK/a short term vet signing can make an adequate third line.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Management played the other players becuase they were there all season already, earned there way into the lineup and the PBruins didn't clinch till until the last week of the AHL. Senyshyn arrived when Providence were entering the playoffs.

He wasn't a healthy scratch becuase of his play. Senyshyn will have every chance to make Boston's lineup in September. If he plays really well in camp Senyshyn will get a look in Boston the first part of the NHL season.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Management played the other players becuase they were there all season already, earned there way into the lineup and the PBruins didn't clinch till until the last week of the AHL. Senyshyn arrived when Providence were entering the playoffs.

He wasn't a healthy scratch becuase of his play. Senyshyn will have every chance to make Boston's lineup in September. If he plays really well in camp Senyshyn will get a look in Boston the first part of the NHL season.

You are right, he arrive when the team were entering the playoffs and wasn't use because they played their A team, but then their was an injury to one of their better offensive foward in Chelarik. They look at the scratches and they naturally opt for Senyshyn to bring the missing offense. Couldn't see the game but from report he look anywhere between "deer in the headlight" to not ready but he's only 20yo, and it look like the coach saw the same thing because even if Chelarik hasn't return they decided to bring someone else to complete the roster.

The bold is true for everyone on every team.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Can anyone speak to how physical senyshyn is and how he is in puck battles in the corners. With his speed I could see him even as early as next year being a great compliment to a player like kuraly who is also very fast as a forechecking hard working 4th line.

Unless he isn't physical and doesn't excel in board battles, then I think he's bound for the ahl.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Can anyone speak to how physical senyshyn is and how he is in puck battles in the corners. With his speed I could see him even as early as next year being a great compliment to a player like kuraly who is also very fast as a forechecking hard working 4th line.

Unless he isn't physical and doesn't excel in board battles, then I think he's bound for the ahl.

I haven't seen him enough to answer your question, but I do have a strong opinion in general about developing scoring forwards (of which he is, obviously). I'd rather let the Acciari, Schaller, Blidh type players get a chance to work the bottom line spots, and let guys like Senyshyn spend a year developing as a scorer in the pros. For the record, this is why I hate the rigidity of the NHL/CHL agreement in regards to prospect development. Guys like Barzal and Senyshyn were forced to go back to junior and play against kids, while Kyle Connor had the chance to get that critical "1st year of pro" development year under his belt. I just think 1st rounders should be exempt from those restrictions if their NHL clubs want them to play in the AHL in their draft +2 seasons.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Keep telling yourself that, Senyshyn is playing outstanding now that he is over his appendectomy and mono from the summer. Meanwhile Brazal is piling up the goals , 4, since he has returned to the WHL. Great number, perimeter player with no.physical play to his game. Reminds me of jets fans raving about Kyle Connor, finally gets sent to the AHL and they claim he will light it up, yup, he sure has, 4 goals 4 assists and -10, another perimeter player who has no physical game but everyone looks at his points in the NCAA, little difference between this leagues. He will disappear within three years, Europe here he comes.

Haha - some prediction this one.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Not much needs to be said

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Still needs time, obviously. Not sure anyone is justifying taking him over Barzal but I think he still has a very good shot of being an impactful NHL player. Wait and see.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's really ironic that Zach and the other 2 guys and the Bruins ended up with a decent player in DeBrusk but the next 3 guys are all potential stars and maybe even superstars in Barzal, Connor and Chabot.

Getting Carlo at 37 was the only half saving grace of this draft for the Bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad