RW Zachary Senyshyn - Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds, OHL (2015, 15th, BOS)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
SSM seems to of possibly gotten a little creative in their height listings this year. They also gave Katchouk a similar height boost who was measured at 6'125 at the combine and is now listed at 6'3, about 3 months later. While in Senyshyn's case his combine was over a year ago, he measured in at 6'1 there.

Yeah I seriously question that he's 6'3, maybe with skates on.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Connor and Barzal are not destroying it this season should their fans be concerned ?

Kyle Connor isn't in a junior league so there's that...

Barzal 11 points in 8 games on pace for 94 points in 68 games.
Senyshyn 17 points in 20 games on pace for 58 points in 68 games.

Barzal may not be destroying but he's doing a lot better than Senyshyn at this point.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Barzal may not be destroying but he's doing a lot better than Senyshyn at this point.

Connor will be and should be in the AHL before Christmas, he has shown he is not ready for the NHL small perimeter player, playing fourh line minutes on a losing team. Brazal has one goal, so he is on pace for 8 goals, small pass first one dimensional centre, not what most teams are looking for. Let's wait a few years to see how they end up, these two were praised by their fan base as stars at the beginning of the year, neither have met those expectations at last not yet, doubt they ever do.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Connor will be and should be in the AHL before Christmas, he has shown he is not ready for the NHL small perimeter player, playing fourh line minutes on a losing team. Brazal has one goal, so he is on pace for 8 goals, small pass first one dimensional centre, not what most teams are looking for. Let's wait a few years to see how they end up, these two were praised by their fan base as stars at the beginning of the year, neither have met those expectations at last not yet, doubt they ever do.

I agree on Connor he needs to be in the AHL with Roslovic, he's only up because of injuries at this time. Barzal will likely kick it in to gear soon enough. Senyshyn at this point is looking pretty bad he should be producing more than he is. Frost will likely have more points than Senyshyn... I've seen the Greyhounds twice this year and he did not look like he has taken a step forward in his development at all since I saw him last year.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

1 goal in 8 games is not destroying it. You still have to eventually score goals in the NHL to be successful. Even if Barzal doesn't have a PPG by the the end of his WHL season, that wouldn't make me think any less of him as a NHL prospect.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I agree on Connor he needs to be in the AHL with Roslovic, he's only up because of injuries at this time. Barzal will likely kick it in to gear soon enough. Senyshyn at this point is looking pretty bad he should be producing more than he is. Frost will likely have more points than Senyshyn... I've seen the Greyhounds twice this year and he did not look like he has taken a step forward in his development at all since I saw him last year.

Senyshyn is just getting back to health after going through both mono and appendectomy this summer, he will be fine.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

So only one guy can kick it up, one was healthy and the other was not. Barzal struggled to make an impression on the worst team in the league looking for any forwards to help them. They can both turn it around, lets say that instead of the guy you do not want to give a break too. All three do not belong in the NHL this year, its clear from the performances. On HF boards 2 were supposed to be so much better though, that has not come true yet.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So only one guy can kick it up, one was healthy and the other was not. Barzal struggled to make an impression on the worst team in the league looking for any forwards to help them. They can both turn it around, lets say that instead of the guy you do not want to give a break too. All three do not belong in the NHL this year, its clear from the performances. On HF boards 2 were supposed to be so much better though, that has not come true yet.

The thing about it is even when Barzal isn't scoring he is setting guys up. Barzal can only play in another 48 WHL games this season and is on pace for 60 assists alone, Senyshyn can play in another 42 OHL games this season is on pace for 36 points. If Barzal doesn't score a single goal for the rest of the season and finishes with 60 assists and 1 goal I'd still take him over a sub 40 point Senyshyn.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
The thing about it is even when Barzal isn't scoring he is setting guys up. Barzal can only play in another 48 WHL games this season and is on pace for 60 assists alone, Senyshyn can play in another 42 OHL games this season is on pace for 36 points. If Barzal doesn't score a single goal for the rest of the season and finishes with 60 assists and 1 goal I'd still take him over a sub 40 point Senyshyn.

So if your team had say 5 or 6 prospects at centre and 2 guys that are very good in the show and hardly any on the RW with speed and size you still take the centre. Thats not good asset management and badly planning for the future. Junior pts do not translate to the NHL as do College pts in a weaker division. Depends what the teams needs are and what was said in the interview. Most companies hire because of the interview not the resume alone. Scouting departments unlike fans do not take whatever Bob Mackenzie says as gospel. Lets see how they develop, I imagine they are all going to be players in the league, no slam dunks and long term projects. We are not talking about Laine and Matthews here. Senyshyn is going to the Junior tryouts because they recognize he has another gear. That team could use some speed and size on the wing, actually everyone can.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So if your team had say 5 or 6 prospects at centre and 2 guys that are very good in the show and hardly any on the RW with speed and size you still take the centre. Thats not good asset management and badly planning for the future. Junior pts do not translate to the NHL as do College pts in a weaker division. Depends what the teams needs are and what was said in the interview. Most companies hire because of the interview not the resume alone. Scouting departments unlike fans do not take whatever Bob Mackenzie says as gospel. Lets see how they develop, I imagine they are all going to be players in the league, no slam dunks and long term projects. We are not talking about Laine and Matthews here. Senyshyn is going to the Junior tryouts because they recognize he has another gear. That team could use some speed and size on the wing, actually everyone can.

Well considering BMac gets most of his information from NHL scouts I guess they don't take what he says as gospel, he takes what they say as gospel. But yeah if two players are close between a center and a winger I will take the winger 100% of the time. You can usually always convert a center to a winger. The other way around is typically much harder.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
4 goals tonight, including the game winner.

After a slow start thanks in large part to battling mono and having an appendectomy this offseason, he now has 8 goals in his last 8 games.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
4 goals tonight, including the game winner.

After a slow start thanks in large part to battling mono and having an appendectomy this offseason, he now has 8 goals in his last 8 games.

His team won 4-3 in OT, he scored all of them and in style, stripped players for 2 goals, breaking in off the wing and a wrister on a rush. He is getting healthy finally and getting up to speed after missing his off season training. Should push to make Team Canada, they seem to like him from what I heard.

“They come in bunches,†added Senyshyn, who also enjoyed a four-goal night a season ago against Sudbury here. “Goalscoring is my game, but you always go through ups and downs. I've been focusing on other aspects of my game.â€
Senyshyn's centre, Morgan Frost, used the word “unbelievable†to describe his teammate's performance.
“He pretty-much carried our team,†Frost added. “He's an explosive scorer and I love playing with him.â€

Another website has him at 6 foot 3
HEIGHT 190 cm / 6'3" WEIGHT 88 kg / 194 lbs

- See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=245108#sthash.IAPytbuY.dpuf

and the official OHL site
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/16/56

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

Seny also had pre-camp or in-camp injury and those will set any player back a little. Comparing someone who started out hurt vs someone who started out in the pros then got sent down isnt the best.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

ZS, 7 goals 1a +8 8 points in his last two games, hardly a reason to get excited.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Why would you be, you get to watch Connor eat popcorn and developed in the press box, but hey, he is in the NHL.

Let me know when Senyshyn does anything note worthy in his 3rd full year in juniors... mean while Connor will be in the AHL playing with Roslovic.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Let me know when Senyshyn does anything note worthy in his 3rd full year in juniors... mean while Connor will be in the AHL playing with Roslovic.

Will do, glad to see what level Conor needs to play at, interested to see if he can handle that physical play, hope he does but not holding my breath. Unless ZSmade the Bruins out of camp, which is highly unlikely due to mono and appendectomy in the summer, missing development camp, rookie camp, most of main cap, the only option was CHL, unlike Connor who can opt out of NCAA and go AHL. You can bet ZS would be in the AHL if it was possible to move him there. Don't make it sound like there were any other options besides NHL CHL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Senyshyn/Pastrnak on the right side not a bad future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad