RW Zachary Senyshyn - Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds, OHL (2015, 15th, BOS)

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Didn't see a thread on him, but he is an outstanding player who I have as a late first round pick and is going to be a big riser from now until the draft. Big kid who has game breaking speed down the wing and can beat guys one on one. Saw him live a couple weeks ago and he really jumped out on a star studded team. I have a feeling 3 years from now people are going to look at him as a gem in this draft, because the tools to be a top 6 forward are obvious and he really seems to be putting it together as a OHL rookie. He is the best prospect on the Sault IMO despite Speers getting more attention.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
he scored a pretty nice goal today vs London, extremely fast skater. come draft day i think he'll end up going in the 2nd round, if not he'll be an early 3rd pick for sure.

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
I saw him a lot last year with Smith Falls and I think he's the real deal. I have a feeling he's going to be a Senator on draft day. They have two picks in the second round and I doubt they pass on him.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I think he is going well before the 3rd round, especially if the Sault go as far as people expect and he contributes he could be right around the top of the second round maybe even be a late first. He isn't the same position and won't be picked as high, but he almost reminds me of Sanheim last year. Even if the scoring doesn't translate he is going to be an NHL player, and if he does he is going to be a really, really good one. 32PTS in his last 34GP as well on a stacked team, I would think that's without much if any PP time as well.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
One of my favorites from the OHL this year. I'd take him over Zacha, who hasn't really stood out to me like I thought he should have. If you can get him after pick number 40 (which is gonna be likely) you're gonna be getting a steal.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
He's a big time riser as we move near to the OHL playoffs.

Based on my polls and conversations, it seems most OHL "insiders" (if you wish to call them that) would take Senyshyn over Nikita Korostelev at this point.

Right now, you could probably make a pretty good argument that he's the 7th best guy available from the OHL (behind McDavid, Marner, Crouse, Strome, Zacha, Konency). And when all is said and done, that probably puts him in the conversation of the late first/early 2nd round.

mustangbangs

Apr 13, 2014
I saw him vs Saginaw Dec 31 and London yesterday. He seems to be a good player and getting better in his rookie season. In all honesty it would be hard not to look good on that team they dominated London.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I see him a lot here in the Soo and yeah, he is one to keep an eye on. As an Oiler fan, assuming Edmonton ends up with Hanifin, I am more than OK with Senyshyn as Edmonton's 2nd round pick.

ZeroPT*

I hope buffalo find a way to draft him. I know him personally and hes a good kid. Skilled player too.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
All I know is the kid can fly and he's not afraid to take it to the net, very explosive stride. Haven't seen him play this year, but he would've been one of, if not the top player in the Central if he stayed back and chose the college route. He'd be a great pick anytime in the late 1st-2nd.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Everyone who has seen him really likes him, but it seems a lot have never seen him play. The hype will pick up.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Zach Senyshyn prospects

Been impressed with Zachary Senyshyn of the Soo Greyhounds...is he draft eligible this year?.....great wheels and decent size at 6'2" and 195....don't see him on too many draft lists....but where does he go?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
He is draft eligible this year. I'm higher on him than most, and I think he goes in the late 2nd/early 3rd. Awesome player, and I've had him on my radar for awhile. Admittedly, my viewings are limited (Don't have time to watch Sault St. Marie much at all), but he is a very good player.

Aceonfire*

Willing to bet one of Toronto or Edmonton drafts him. Dubas obviously knows about him and MacT has likely scouted him while keeping tabs on Nurse. Very underrated player.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I see him a lot here in the Soo and I have no issue at all with Edmonton taking him with the Montreal 2nd rounder. He is insanely fast and drives the net a lot, and has a good shot. It is insane that he beats so many defencemen wide, even though they know it is coming. The other thing is that Sheldon Keefe is an exceptional coach (hey Bakersfield, I am talking to you...). He like everyone else is held accountable for 2 way play.

I don't think the Oil have anyone like him in the system.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
He gonna be the Christian Dvorak of this year, buried in the lineup cause of the talent SSM has, with Tolchinsky and maybe Ritchie gone, hell fill into a top 6 role and put up some major points IMO

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
He gonna be the Christian Dvorak of this year, buried in the lineup cause of the talent SSM has, with Tolchinsky and maybe Ritchie gone, hell fill into a top 6 role and put up some major points IMO

This exactly. Got to see him play live a few times and didn't know much about him at the time. I was looking to see how good Speers was (who didn't impress me much) and even with limited ice time/not as good players to play with he impressed me.

If he plays in a top-six role next year I expect his points to take a huge jump, even though he's not an amazing offensive player, he is better than his points display this year.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
The one thing with Senyshyn is you're gambling on quite a bit of development right now. He has been playing at different spots throughout the year in a deep Soo lineup. Right now I think it's fair to say he's a bit of a one-trick pony, his wide drive and speed picking up the puck is certainly very noticeable. He simply gets to the net when he picks the puck up on the rush. The other parts of his game are coming still... he still needs to to show a lot of progression in his aggression on the forecheck and pursuit, ability to keep plays going in the offensive zone and create a little bit.

Everyone knows what he is good at, but how many players are in the NHL just because they can drive wide and take the puck to the net, you have to bring other things to the table, he has to round out his game with some versatility. He will go around mid 2nd I bet because there aren't many players left at that point of the draft with the size and skill/skating package of Zach, but like I said, there is a lot of development room left. Up to him. People in this thread seem to say he's a decent kid, could be a decent bet.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Got to watch him play all year, far from a one trick pony. Yes, he is known for his wide drive, and using his speed. He also gets a lot of straight up break aways, you cant fault a player for having the ability to break in alone. A lot of his goals remind me of Chris Kreider... great size and speed combination, and no fear to drive to the net hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->