Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
But you can count the number of actually interesting Rangers wing prospects on one hand, and Paju is one of them.

It's a weakness.
Is it a weakness though? Who else has that depth with an already stacked NHL squad? How many wingers are needed? We already have our top6 established

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
But you can count the number of actually interesting Rangers wing prospects on one hand, and Paju is one of them.

It's a weakness.

I mean, we can barely find ice time for the 1st OA pick at the NHL level and Cuylle/Berard/Othmann figure to pass Pajuniemi within the next season or 2. Trading a mid-level prospect and a second for a battle tested 2 way Center would be a smart move in my opinion.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Gauthier should get his opportunity now with Blais out for a bit. It's sink or swim time for him and for all of our sake, let's hope he swims. He could be a useful piece to thjis team moving forward with his size and skating along with his ability to play a simple game without the puck.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Moving Paju would be a bad decision at this point. This team has a lack of prospects that have improved every year and with him playing better every day in Hartford and a need on the right side, wouldn't be the smartest choice to trade him for a rental. Or at all for that matter.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Gauthier should get his opportunity now with Blais out for a bit. It's sink or swim time for him and for all of our sake, let's hope he swims. He could be a useful piece to thjis team moving forward with his size and skating along with his ability to play a simple game without the puck.

I wanna like him, but he can't put a puck in the ocean so id prefer someone else in the top 6. I haven't minded what he's done in the bottom 6, even if he is a bit lost in his own end. I personally think its time to try Chytil at wing

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I wanna like him, but he can't put a puck in the ocean so id prefer someone else in the top 6. I haven't minded what he's done in the bottom 6, even if he is a bit lost in his own end. I personally think its time to try Chytil at wing

I think Gauthier has shown improvement this year. Still a work in progress without the puck, but theres something to be said for him driving hard to the net every chance he gets. Created a goal yesterday and weve seen him draw penalties seemingly at will

Reactions: leetch99

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am not sure if they can or not. But if they could fit $5 million and had a choice between the two, I would be choosing Pavelski all day long

I would probably concur, although I don't think they can fit either without a significant paycut or trade somewhere.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I think he has been fine in the bottom-6 and he has been more physical this season that last year for sure. He creates some space by driving to the net and he's a pain down low for defenders to separate from the puck. Hopefully he can carve out a Pouliot like career here

Reactions: McRanger92

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think he has been fine in the bottom-6 and he has been more physical this season that last year for sure. He creates some space by driving to the net and he's a pain down low for defenders to separate from the puck. Hopefully he can carve out a Pouliot like career here

Hope so. I'm not sure why he gets so confused when he returns to his own end but i can almost feel him thinking about where he is supposed to be. Maybe some more practice time can make it more instinctual for him. i just hope for someone better for the top 6 even when Blais comes back cus i feel he was just a stop gap anyway.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Lol with all that Canada been "doing". Clowns.

Different parts of Canada are doing the right things others like in Ontario, Quebec and Alberta have done nothing which is why you see players in edmonton and ottawa with covid issues.

Reactions: leetch99

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You can probably save roughly $2 million by moving on from Nemeth and Georgiev and replacing with ELC’s / cheap vets

Assuming an $82,500,000 salary cap (up $1m from this season)

Contracts:
Blais - 4 years @ $2.25m per season
Kaako - 2 years @ $2.25m per season

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Chytil-Blais
Lafreniere-_______-Goodrow
Hunt-_____-Reaves
______

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Tinrodi

Shesty
_____

That leaves $7.1m in cap space.

Let's assume Barron is up with the big club and they re-sign Rooney @ 3 years for $1.3m per season

That leaves you with:

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Chytil-Blais
Lafreniere-Barron-Goodrow
Hunt-Rooney-Reaves
_____

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Tinordi

Shesty
______

That's $4.9m in cap space

If you trade Nemeth and replace him with a vet @ $1m that's $5.9m in space BUT then you would need to move on from Chytil or Barron more than likely to fit him or move them to wing pushing someone else out.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Assuming an $82,500,000 salary cap (up $1m from this season)

Contracts:
Blais - 4 years @ $2.25m per season
Kaako - 2 years @ $2.25m per season

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Chytil-Blais
Lafreniere-_______-Goodrow
Hunt-_____-Reaves
______

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Tinrodi

Shesty
_____

That leaves $7.1m in cap space.

Let's assume Barron is up with the big club and they re-sign Rooney @ 3 years for $1.3m per season

That leaves you with:

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Chytil-Blais
Lafreniere-Barron-Goodrow
Hunt-Rooney-Reaves
_____

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Tinordi

Shesty
______

That's $4.9m in cap space

If you trade Nemeth and replace him with a vet @ $1m that's $5.9m in space BUT then you would need to move on from Chytil or Barron more than likely to fit him or move them to wing pushing someone else out.
I'd try my hardest to get Kakko at 5-6 years.

That 2nd line though... I've yet to see anything from Chytil to feel confident in that.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
What contract are people going to give Pavelski that fits next season? Because bringing him in as a rental is a BAD IDEA
There isn’t really a scenario where it’s a good idea. We aren’t in our window, and he won’t be around when we are. It’d cost us positional depth to acquire him, and what is the yield? Plus, it’s been rumored nowhere. This is a fantasy.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
If Strome gets traded for a pick or an equivalent prospect, what round is it? Would it be worth it or better to use him as a self-rental?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Pavelski, depending on his production by the deadline, will at least cost a 2nd round pick and a B level prospect such as Pajuniemi. And thats worth it imo.

Maybe you do a conditions based deal like we did with Zucc.

2nd round pick + 4th round pick. Conditions on the 4th. If they make the ECF its a 3rd. If they make the SCF, an additional 2nd. No prospects attached.

Nah.

At the rate we are going we desperately need Pajuniemi types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad