Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Have to think Drury is once again looking at Reilly Smith after this Blais injury. I think the team would benefit from another veteran top 6 guy who is familiar with Gallan's style

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Youre probably right. But if Boston is a bubble team at the deadline, or worse, I would be ringing their phone every 10 minutes to see if they changed their mind. That franchise is on the brink of a rebuild or a serious retool. Krejci is gone now. Bergeron not getting any younger. Their defense and the pipeline behind it is very suspect. Yes they have McAvoy, Marchand, and Pastrnak. But what else? Debrusk has been underwhelming. Their youth that they had high hopes for as been very average to say the least, Frederic, Studnicka, etc.

Eichel was perfect for them but years of poor drafting and deadline deals left them with nothing to trade. I dont see Boston trading Bergeron at all, more likely they will be the biggest suitor for Hertl if/when he becomes available

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think it might be time to go Miller-Fox.

Lindgren has really struggled. Forcing him to play a more "shutdown" game may help bring him out of his funk.
a lot of people noticed that Lindgren looked out of shape in camp and I'm starting to believe it. he's just not making the right decisions and I agree that it's probably time to reduce his minutes a little to get him going.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I don't think smart is the correct word. I don't think he sees the ice/has the vision to be a center. It requires certain instincts.

Perhaps it is a poor synonym. I was basically saying his hockey IQ isn't high enough, which I believe is kinda what you are implying as well.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Have to think Drury is once again looking at Reilly Smith after this Blais injury. I think the team would benefit from another veteran top 6 guy who is familiar with Gallan's style
I'm sure he's going to look into it but VGK has no reason to move him until Eichel or one of their other wingers are close to return. IMO they're going to keep people until then to stay in the playoff hunt as much as possible until they're close to returning.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
?
Fox played much worse than Lindgren defensively against the Devils and now u want to play kam who isnt even half as good as lindgren with fox?
No thanks
Despite a few misplays by either they are top 5 duo in the league

Interesting, considering hes been twice as good as Lindgren this year.

Amazing how some of you can force yourself to actually see things that don't exist.

Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
?
Fox played much worse than Lindgren defensively against the Devils and now u want to play kam who isnt even half as good as lindgren with fox?
No thanks
Despite a few misplays by either they are top 5 duo in the league
yes, because I'm going to judge Fox based off of one bad game? makes sense.

KAM has been better than Lindgren so far imo

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Whether it was set or not Tarasenko was never a realistic option with his shoulder injury and cap hit.
I don't disagree, just that everything would need to have broken basically perfectly for that RW depth to not completely suck ass. Getting Tarasenko with some retention wouldn't have been this dumb move that pretty much the majority of this board treated it as all summer.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Amazing how some of you can force yourself to actually see things that don't exist.

He's been better, but IDK about doubly so.

I think Fox has been taking more high risk gambles this season which has put Lindgren in a less comfortable position.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

lindgren has the Girardi advantage in that they’ll always be seen as great defensively bc of their style of play.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not sure how vegas can move him right now with all their own injuries. they need to remain competitive as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad