Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Is Chytil disappointing or were my/our expectations too high for him? 1 point in 6 games, and the point was more bad goaltending than anything. Ample opportunity with Strome out. It's hard not to be a bit disappointed right now.

Reactions: AJL79 and egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Is Chytil disappointing or were my/our expectations too high for him? 1 point in 6 games, and the point was more bad goaltending than anything. Ample opportunity with Strome out. It's hard not to be a bit disappointed right now.

The points aren’t there but he’s definitely been a factor in the 13-72-91 line being effective. He’s been around the net in the offensive zone and backchecked well on D

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I feel like his line is the one that deserves to stay together. Kreider is the only top 6 veteran that is clicking right now. Everyone else on the top six has looked pretty damn bad in my eyes but chemistry takes time to happen. Panarin and Strome have plenty of times where they look awful, especially once the other teams enter playoff mode and tighten up on defense, yet they always play together. That's how chemistry happens.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Pettersson was brought up in the last thread. I was watching the Canucks-Kraken game last night on ESPN+. Ray Ferraro was doing the game with Steve Levy. Ferraro brought up Petty. In his rookie season(2018-19),Pettersson was going into the dirty areas to score. Ferraro said the player has become a perimeter player. It's hard to score goals in the NHL from the perimeter. Ferraro lives in British Columbia. He knows that team very well.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Pettersson was brought up in the last thread. I watching the Canucks-Kraken game last night on ESPN+. Ray Ferraro was doing the game with Steve Levy. Ferraro brought up Petty. In his rookie season(2018-19),Pettersson was going into the dirty areas to score. Ferraro said the player has become a perimeter player. It's hard to score goals in the NHL from the perimeter. Ferraro lives in British Columbia. He knows that team very well.
He'll fit right in.

Reactions: tomobson

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Pettersson was brought up in the last thread. I watching the Canucks-Kraken game last night on ESPN+. Ray Ferraro was doing the game with Steve Levy. Ferraro brought up Petty. In his rookie season(2018-19),Pettersson was going into the dirty areas to score. Ferraro said the player has become a perimeter player. It's hard to score goals in the NHL from the perimeter. Ferraro lives in British Columbia. He knows that team very well.
Jovo lives in BC and knows that team very well too ;)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lafreniere Zibs Kreider
Panarin Strome Goodrow/Blais
Blais Chytil Kakko
Hunt Rooney Reaves

I actually don't mind seeing these practice lines. ( Assuming Kakko is cleared for tomorrow ) Kakko is the one guy that's actually worked well with Chytil.

Reactions: tomobson

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Eh a backhander that goes over the pad and under the blocker is anything but bad goaltending. That’s probably the toughest shot to stop.

I liked his game the first few. Have like it less since.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Everyones expectations were too high, he's a perfect 3rd line center once he figures out faceoffs, if he gets there we got a good player. Its still early but I don't see him as having the vision to move up, he seems to have improved that but I dunno I'm happy with him if he can contribute on the 3rd line.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Is Strome back?
yup

Turk says they still have to be 'cleared' for tomorrow. I can't see why Strome wouldn't be cleared... Maybe they just wanted to give Kakko 1 extra day?

IF Kakko can't go, I'd honestly rather see Barron than Gauthier.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010

This is why, with a grain of salt, I keep circling back to Pierre Luc Dubois as a Strome replacement lately.

PLD is strong in the paint, carries the puck well, is above average at the dot, plays all 3 zones when motivated, and has previous chemistry with Panarin. With the leadership in the room and Gallants method, I think PLD can be "motivated" here to be a better player and provide hsi potential in a more consistent basis for NYR.

I'm fully aware of his millennial temperament too, but at least he has a brief history to go on in hopes he can bring something to the table. If Kravtsov interests Winnipeg at all, I think he is worth exploring. Not my first choice (Larkin is) but he is a clear upgrade over Strome in more than one facet and isn't exactly gelling in The Peg so he could shake loose as available again.

Last edited:

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
He gets his info from his better half.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
yup

Turk says they still have to be 'cleared' for tomorrow. I can't see why Strome wouldn't be cleared... Maybe they just wanted to give Kakko 1 extra day?

IF Kakko can't go, I'd honestly rather see Barron than Gauthier.

Thanks for info. Me too, would rather see Barron than Gauthier. Im also assuming Reaves will be playing tomorrow although he is not practicing.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Calgary is a good game to get Barron and Gauthier in, while giving Reaves a rest.

Lafreniere-Zib-Kreider
Panarin-Strome-Goodrow
Blais-Chytil-Gauthier
Hunt-Rooney-Barron

Reaves, McKegg

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I've personally seen enough of Gauthier to know he's a decent AHL player and an ineffective NHL player. Its what he is, it sucks because he has all the attributes but can't put it together. I also realize that they may not want to burn a year of Barrons contract but if thats not a concern there is no reason to keep Gauthier instead of Barron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad