Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
When this team ultimately adds Joe Pavelski or Patrice Bergeron, their forward group will be solidified. It will come down to their young defense making significant strides

Reactions: RangersFan1994

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
LA needs D-man in the worst way.

Miller for Turcotte could work. Yes dealing Miller is not ideal but we do have Jones whom could step in for him. We lose in size but gain in offensive ability.

Still in the wings:

Schneider
Robertson
Skinner
Reunanen
Hajek

Jones could play with Trouba covering the 2nd pair defense.

Turcotte would be the center we've been looking for since forever.
KAM is untouchable

I love Turcotte and I think a deal could come around without using KAM. It might cost a Cuylle, Othmann or Berard though, Robertson, Lundkvist and one of those guys.

Reactions: McRanger92

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'd bet my left nut and right kidney Bergeron retires a Bruin. Zero chance he puts on another team's jersey.
Youre probably right. But if Boston is a bubble team at the deadline, or worse, I would be ringing their phone every 10 minutes to see if they changed their mind. That franchise is on the brink of a rebuild or a serious retool. Krejci is gone now. Bergeron not getting any younger. Their defense and the pipeline behind it is very suspect. Yes they have McAvoy, Marchand, and Pastrnak. But what else? Debrusk has been underwhelming. Their youth that they had high hopes for as been very average to say the least, Frederic, Studnicka, etc.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Realistically... what would you give up for Gourde? what would you give up for Gourde + retention from Seattle?

Someone brought it up but Hagel is another guy that stands out.... Maybe we can steal him from Chicago and their tire fire.

We could use a firecracker in the middle 6....

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Youre probably right. But if Boston is a bubble team at the deadline, or worse, I would be ringing their phone every 10 minutes to see if they changed their mind. That franchise is on the brink of a rebuild or a serious retool. Krejci is gone now. Bergeron not getting any younger. Their defense and the pipeline behind it is very suspect. Yes they have McAvoy, Marchand, and Pastrnak. But what else? Debrusk has been underwhelming. Their youth that they had high hopes for as been very average to say the least, Frederic, Studnicka, etc.

I agree in terms of inquiring, 31 teams would want Bergeron in their lineup. I don’t see Boston missing the playoffs though, too much talent to miss out so I don’t see them selling. You are right though, future isn’t looking so hot past Pasta and McAvoy.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Why would the Kraken trade Gourde? He's viewed as a leader in the locker room, can play all 3 forward positions and while ideally a 3rd line player has shown capabilities to play on the 2nd line.

Reactions: egelband

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The one thing this team needs to address is putting an end to the goalies getting ran. Shesh has been hit quite a few times the last handful of games. I dont think Shesh would mind the volume of shots so long as he wasn't getting ran 3 times a night.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Seattle has zero reason to trade Gourde. Rangers had the chance to trade for him (or Coleman’s rights) but got Goodrow instead.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
14 games in and Tarasenko’s PPG still, but I have it on good authority that he’s really done, playing with one shoulder. Besides, we are stacked at RW.

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad