Value of: ROR to the Leafs at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just depends on how desperate dubas is.

That's the thing I don't think he is, perhaps he should be, but I don't think he is.

I think he thinks his regular season record, which admittedly is very strong, and his drafting which is starting to show results with the likes of Sandin and Holmberg, Knies looks like a good one too, I think he thinks given his very strong regular season record, and his solid drafting so far that he deserves an extension.

And if that is his mindset he's not wrong, he's not a bad GM but he needs to get over the round 1 hump, because honestly if they ever did I think they could go far.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
That's the thing I don't think he is, perhaps he should be, but I don't think he is.

I think he thinks his regular season record, which admittedly is very strong, and his drafting which is starting to show results with the likes of Sandin and Holmberg, Knies looks like a good one too, I think he thinks given his very strong regular season record, and his solid drafting so far that he deserves an extension.

And if that is his mindset he's not wrong, he's not a bad GM but he needs to get over the round 1 hump, because honestly if they ever did I think they could go far.
need to get rid of both dubas and shanahan.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If a team gets ROR and plays him on the wing, how many games until I can educate St Louis fans on how hes definitely a winger and not a center?

If you wanna play one of the better two-way centers in the league at wing, then go for it my man. Heck, throw him on D a few games as well, why not?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
O'Reilly + Barbashev for 1st 23, 2nd 24 and Kerfoot (flipped for 3rd + 5th-ish)

What does STL say to this?
I don't see the Blues packaging both of their remaining highest value rentals in together.

Also the reported ask so far for RoR is a 1st and Prospect and the current ask for Barbashev is a 2nd and a prospect. A 1st, 2nd, and a cap dump isn't enough value.

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Although you will refrain… ROR(50% retained) and Barby for your 1st and dare I say… Knies😂🤭

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
Knies isn't realistic
I seriously doubt Toronto and St. Louis make a deal.

Dubas has basically said their 1st and Knies is not being dealt, and there is little else in their prospect pool that makes sense for the Blues. The Blues are not trading ROR without a 1st in this years draft.

There is just not a fit with the Blues and Toronto.

IMO Toronto sinks or swims with what they have, maybe they add a depth piece but they are not getting any of the top 5 players who are likely available, without giving up Knies. Kane, Timo, ROR, Chychrun, etc.

Barbashev maybe resigned, and its going to take an over payment to get him. If Seattle got a 2nd, 3rd, and 7th for Calle Jarnkok last year, you would think that is the base for a trade for Barbashev, as barbie and Jarnkok basically have identical numbers in the regular and postseason.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I seriously doubt Toronto and St. Louis make a deal.

Dubas has basically said their 1st and Knies is not being dealt, and there is little else in their prospect pool that makes sense for the Blues. The Blues are not trading ROR without a 1st in this years draft.

There is just not a fit with the Blues and Toronto.

IMO Toronto sinks or swims with what they have, maybe they add a depth piece but they are not getting any of the top 5 players who are likely available, without giving up Knies. Kane, Timo, ROR, Chychrun, etc.

Barbashev maybe resigned, and its going to take an over payment to get him. If Seattle got a 2nd, 3rd, and 7th for Calle Jarnkok last year, you would think that is the base for a trade for Barbashev, as barbie and Jarnkok basically have identical numbers in the regular and postseason.

People keep saying that Dubas has said that but he hasn't actually said that, it has been said he'd prefer not to move a 1st but you could argue every team would prefer not to move a 1st

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I think ROR is going to be traded for way less than some STL and general HFBoards fans think

Most general hockey insider talk is around a 2nd + B prospect and I keep seeing things like Knies + 1st and other items being circulated on here...

• Haha
Reactions: sfvega

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We would not even consider a 2d + B prospect for ROR.
How many times do we have to do this in this thread

The thing is it doesn't matter what you consider it matters what the GM's consider.

Now do I think he gets more? Yes but that what we consider doesn't mean shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad