CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
1st round pick from back in 07,
Point per game player in NCAA,
20-point pace each year with Carolina,
Slight dip in point pace this year.

All signs point to a surge to get back in the normal range.

But maybe there is more to Riley Nash than meets the eye? Would be wonderful if we could be a consistent 25-30 point bottom 6 player, specializing on the PK.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
where was this all season? not complaining about his timing now but...

I think he was just to deferential. His positioning and play away from the puck was up to Claude's standards but he showed minimal offensive game

He said it post game after his 2 goals that Cassidy told him to shoot the puck in the previous days

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think he was just to deferential. His positioning and play away from the puck was up to Claude's standards but he showed minimal offensive game

He said it post game after his 2 goals that Cassidy told him to shoot the puck in the previous days

I used to hate it when he had the puck when we played the Canes cos I always thought he was gonna score. So weird having him on the team now :laugh: and not as scary as I thought he was (knew nothing about him though)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

So what is it, Cassidy is that smart or Nash is that dumb?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So what is it, Cassidy is that smart or Nash is that dumb?

Nash is playing passive and Cassidy is part visionary part 'Dear God, please make the playoffs and get me an extension'

Nash is very bright and seems like a very good guy

Cassidy gives the best post game interviews

They both can be smart

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nash is playing passive and Cassidy is part visionary part 'Dear God, please make the playoffs and get me an extension'

They both can be smart

when I hear Cassidy speak it`s refreshing. Some coaches who are open and honest present their side of things in a way that can be construed as simply arrogant, I don`t get that from Cassidy

He sure doesn`t speak like the guy who struggled with his first NHL gig so many years ago. Guy`s paid his dues, have to think this is his dream job, has learned from the past and the boys, for the most part, have responded well

It`ll be interesting when the year is done how the wrap up interviews go with the players and upper management. I have to think they enjoy playing this style of hockey and would be in favor of Cassidy continuing on ?

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Annnd who saw THAT shit coming?! I didn't.

But hey, good for him. He works hard and he's getting rewarded for it right now. No complaints here.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
As long as Riley Nash is putting up points, I will lay off Nash.

But I still don't like watching him play hockey.

Sweeney better not be thinking of re-signing this guy because he's on some little streak.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
As long as Riley Nash is putting up points, I will lay off Nash.

But I still don't like watching him play hockey.

Sweeney better not be thinking of re-signing this guy because he's on some little streak.
:laugh:

You laid off of him for a whole sentence - and even that was conditional. Must have been painful.

That's also my fear. The new Chris Kelly?
It looks like they're grooming Kuraly for his role next year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
:laugh:

You laid off of him for a whole sentence - and even that was conditional. Must have been painful.

Kills me to compliment Nash, but I have to call a spade a spade and say he's played some decent hockey this last little stretch.

Even that last sentence was hard to type.

Reactions: Tampbear

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

They both can be smart

Amen to that, love his candor

I forgive him for ruining Jared Knight :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Jared Knight ruined Jared Knight. Even a change of scenery and organizations couldn't help him.

He's now playing in a European league with fourteen ads on his sweater.

Doesn't he have diabetes? I'm sure that had something to do with it...I'm also convinced he could have easily been a Schaller or Acciari if given the chance up here. The only difference between a lot of these types of players is opportunity.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jared Knight ruined Jared Knight. Even a change of scenery and organizations couldn't help him.

He's now playing in a European league with fourteen ads on his sweater.
Diabetes ruined Jared Knight - couldn't recover or heal

Never had diabetes so not sure what it does to your body and if every incident is different but this came from a current teammate who said it was a shame and his opinion

I believe the Europe with 14 whatever is not true he's not playing

D bag comment Ratty

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Doesn't he have diabetes? I'm sure that had something to do with it...I'm also convinced he could have easily been a Schaller or Acciari if given the chance up here. The only difference between a lot of these types of players is opportunity.
You know what happened

I'm sure we will hear from all the HF. Tough guys and I'm f***ing tired and irritated so I am hoping they show up

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Never had diabetes so not sure what it does to your body and if every incident is different but this came from a current teammate who said it was a shame and his opinion

D bag comment Ratty

Why do you get so bent out of shape over Jared Knight?

Not everyone knows he has medical issues like diabetes.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

D bag comment Ratty

I thought Bruce Cassidy ruined Jared Knight?

Anyway, its a good example of just how little most of us know about what's going on other than what we actually see on the ice.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought Bruce Cassidy ruined Jared Knight?

Anyway, its a good example of just how little most of us know about what's going on other than what we actually see on the ice.
Whatever dude

You know it all

You're the man - awesome

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Whatever dude

You know it all

You're the man - awesome

What's your problem?

I literally said we know little about what's going on off the ice and you respond "You know it all"?

I realize you probably know more about the off ice stuff than almost anyone else on this site. But even you don't know it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad