Player Discussion Riley Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
You guys keep saying the same crap about him but no one can fill in for Bergeron,Krejci etc like Nash did.

I'm in the minority, but I don't think Nash is declining anytime soon and we need to sign him unless some younger better option presents itself.

Reactions: Salem13

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
You guys keep saying the same crap about him but no one can fill in for Bergeron,Krejci etc like Nash did.

Really? No one? There's no upgrade anywhere?

BS.

You need healthy turnover year-over-year and moving on from depth player, doesn't-do-anything-particularly-spectacular third-line whatever Riley Nash is the very definition of "Healthy Turnover".

Not even for free.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Really? No one? There's no upgrade anywhere?

BS.

You need healthy turnover year-over-year and moving on from depth player, doesn't-do-anything-particularly-spectacular third-line whatever Riley Nash is the very definition of "Healthy Turnover".

Not even for free.
No one. Do you want to be tops in the East again? Is there a Bo Horvat trade in your world?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I'm in the minority, but I don't think Nash is declining anytime soon and we need to sign him unless some younger better option presents itself.

He was great value this year but Bruins should not overpay for FA Nash imo

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'd bring him back for no more than two years and no more than $2.25 per. Anything above 2 years/2.25 per then I say goodbye, and that may very well happen since I can see another team give him a better offer. I'd do that with the intent to put him 0n the 4th line, which needs to be better this season, and have him play up in the lineup if injuries occur. I doubt he will score the kind of points he did this past season, but that doesn't matter. He gives the Bs flexibility in multiple ways. He plays very well under Cassidy's system.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
He was great value this year but Bruins should not overpay for FA Nash imo
They will have to pay him more than they want. Unless you question or show concern over his injury and he buys it.
One important thing for Riley is his age and he will want mucho pesos.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Chris Kelly. David Clarkson. Matt Belesky.

You gotta be careful with these kinds of signings, man. You really got to. I wouldn't mind having the guy back if a cheap-ish deal could be arranged, but that's probably not going to happen.

Nash has to know that this is the time to cash in. He won't be taking cheaper deals.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Riley could probably get something like 4 years 2-3 million per year on the open market.

I do the same with Riley as I do with Rick - overpay them each for 1 year and if they don't bite on the offers let them go. After next year we have to re sign - McAvoy, Carlo, Heinen and Donato. I don't want to mess around with overpaying vets Chiarelli style.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Nash had a great season. Awful playoffs but I fault the concussion.

Sweeney better not try to have him back. He was a cheap UFA signing. Fill his spot with a deserving ELC or another cheap UFA like Nash was 2y ago.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He has a three year ten million dollar deal waiting somewhere more than likely....but for the love of God please don't make it here.
I keep using the Lars Eller comparison. Guy just got $17.5M. Same age. Similar stats. Similar role and impact. Both had career years.

Eller is having a great playoffs which puts him over Nash straight up. But he signed his extension well before the regular season ended, so that couldn't have factored in to the rewarded number.

Nash should be able to walk out of his next deal $15M richer. Hopefully in Vancouver.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
did the sheehan deal in pittsburg just help riley or hurt him?

a 2.1 million 1 year deal for 32 points and then ufa when it expires... for a 26 year old

and nash almost 30... had more points but most those points game with the 2 best wingers in hockey.

I think a lot of us were expecting riley nash to get over 3 mill a year on a multi year deal... does this contract for sheehan change that thinking? does it change nash's thinking? would he suddenly be a lot more willing to take a team friendly deal to stay where he knows he has had some success?

if I can get riley nash for a 1 or even 2 year deal at say... 2.5 mill... I got to jump on it. even if im bringing in john Tavares I still got to jump on it. I strongly believe krejci must be dealt if we sign Tavares so it doesn't change our need for a 3rd line center.

if 2.5 mill has just become a reasonable price then I just became a lot more bullish on bringing riley back short term. the guy did demonstrate some very attractive chemistry with marchand/pastrnak and that does give us some very interesting possibilities as far as creating more scoring depth and actually being able to put together 3 lines at playoff time that should be able to dominate {assuming they aren't all battling concussion after effects}

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I officially loathe this guy

His season could be defined in one word - bust

I been around to long, watched to much hockey, and devious thoughts aren’t foreign to me

That hit on Krejci was a target job. How do I know I’ve seen it work before and I know how important he is. Plus if you told me 5 ways to stop Boston I would have this on the list.

It was late and unnecessary but hey when you suck like Nash does you help any way you can

Hoping this is nothing. There is no Flyers comeback in 2010 without the Mike Richards hit on Krejci.

Marchand knows it. Cassidy knows it. My hockey buds know it. I know it. Riley Nash knows it.

Just garbage move by Nash

If I’m playing this series the first chance I can make him road kill without putting my team in jeapody in a close game I do it - the minimum Is when killing time before a faceoff or after a whistle I tell him what I think of that hit. We don’t think it was an accident

This team is winning the Stanley Cup IF healthy and the thought of Riley f***ing Nash derailing it by taking out a significant piece makes my blood boil

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'm sure Clifton...will fill him game 2.

It's funny reading stuff on hfboards....people are like I'm glad Torts realized he was a 4th liner...sooner then Cassidy.

Dude makes a shiat load and plays 4th line...he isnt the same player.

We will get our revenge on him.

aguineapig

Would you rather have Riley Nash at 2.75 m or Nordy for 1 m? I'll take a Nordy with fries please. Game,set,match Don Sweeney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad