Player Discussion Riley Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Between two rookies, while our 6M dollar power-forward wastes away on the 4th line....Where do people come up with this stuff? When he typed that out, what clicked in his head that said, "This will be awesome!"

The lack of change or welcoming the young..... basically if you were the GM I bet CJ would still be here

Beleskey would still be here. And Mcquaid would be playing over Grz

bingo?

Cehlarik is more skilled than half the roster. He has already played in a pro league. He just keeps putting up points down at Providence. ... keeping him down there, is like keeping Debrusk, Heinen down there... you get it?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The lack of change or welcoming the young..... Basically if you were the GM I bet CJ would still be here

The team has Heinen, DeBrusk, Kuraly, McAvoy, and Grzelcyk in the lineup. Pastrnak and Carlo are both just 21 years old. I see a lot of youth in the lineup already. You win with a mix of veterans/youth. Going too much in either direction can negative effects.

If I was the GM, I would have canned CJ probably before Sweeney did. I was tired of his style.

Beleskey would still be here. And Mcquaid would be playing over Grz

Nope. Beleskey would have been long gone. McQuaid would be where he is, 9th floor, because I enjoy what Grzelcyk is bringing to the table.

Nope. The way you try and argue is absolutely pathetic though. Baseless assumptions, really?

Cehlarik is more skilled than half the roster. He has already played in a pro league. He just keeps putting up points down at Providence. ... keeping him down there, is like keeping Debrusk, Heinen down there... you get it?

This comment is so hilarious....You do realize that the full season in the AHL for DeBrusk and Heinen are the reasons they're here full-time now, right? Cehlarik has only played 60 career AHL games...That's not even a full season. He's only 22 years old.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This comment is so hilarious....You do realize that the full season in the AHL for DeBrusk and Heinen are the reasons they're here full-time now, right? Cehlarik has only played 60 career AHL games...That's not even a full season. He's only 22 years old.

What a terrible assumption. It doesn't matter if Cehlarik played what 10 games less down at providence (why aren't you adding some of the games he played up at the nhl level?). Also did you forget that he dealt with a string of badluck injuries at the tail end of the AHL season and preseason? He was the best player from Providence last season. Why don't you explore his point totals and point per game. Who did Cassidy call up last season during the crucial part of the season? When the team needed some more scoring punch

So don't keep bringing up some nonsense excuse that he has about 10 less AHL games down his belt , for the reason Heinen and Debrusk are way ahead.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

What a terrible assumption. It doesn't matter if Cehlarik played what 10 games less down at providence (why aren't you adding some of the games he played up at the nhl level?). Also did you forget that he dealt with a string of badluck injuries at the tail end of the AHL season and preseason? He was the best player from Providence last season. Why don't you explore his point totals and point per game. Who did Cassidy call up last season during the crucial part of the season? When the team needed some more scoring punch

So don't keep bringing up some nonsense excuse that he has about 10 less AHL games down his belt , for the reason Heinen and Debrusk are way ahead.

I like Cehlarik a lot. I just don't see the room for him at this point, and understand why he's down there. Heinen and DeBrusk are clearly way ahead of him since they're here and he's still in Providence.

Cassidy didn't call up anyone. The team needed a scoring punch. 2 points in 11 games is "scoring punch"? You need to slow your roll on Cehlarik. You have him hyped up like he's the 2nd coming and the Bruins are just leaving him in Providence for the laughs. He'll get his chance soon.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
what happened to your boy Nash??

I will tell you what happened...he went back into hibernation

It was just a "flash". The guy is forever a blue collar 4th liner that may put up unexpected pts here and there. Never in a consistent fashion.

Bruins should really be calling up Cehlarik and Bjork (now that it looks like he has gained some confidence back). Both Schaller and Nash can join Mcquaid and enjoy the chicken wings from the top

Marchand Bergeron Pasta

Debrusk Krejci Spooner

Bjork Heinen Cehlarik

Kuraly Backes Acciari

Nash is playing fine, he's the third line center on a team that's gor what 13 out of last 14 points?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Have you seen Cehlarik live in Providence or just going by stats

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
He's been solid enough. I'm always worried because he doesn't really facilitate for others or show much in the way of finish. All that line really needs right now is someone to make the safe play, win faceoffs, and not be a black hole. He's probably going to shatter his career high points. Contract year. Should be motivated until the end. Still a little skeptical it will continue, but it's actually not that unusual for players to have odd peak seasons at this point in their career. I've actually been a little impressed with his physical side. Going in hard on the body and winning battles. I don't remember as much of that last year. As long as they don't sign him to a 3 year extension, expecting 40 points/year. :laugh:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Might be nashs best 1/4 season of his career... 4 goals and i guess 10 assists in past 20 games. But the guy in 28. Im glad hes played well but i dont expect this pace to continue. I think hes still a 25 point 4th liner (which actually is very good)

Nash is probably earning himself a bigger contract with another team next year. Good for him. Im guessing jfk is going to need the spot on our team. Good for us.

But for all the crap nash had to put up with, im happy hes had a strong run of games to show some fans that these are working 4th liners actually do have value

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Nash is a fourth liner. Its just happens they defensively trust him more than Spooner and there is no better option at 3rd line center right now as it seems Backes doesnt want to play center and Kuraly doesnt have much offense. Fourth line has good chemistry so they dont want to mess that up with Nash either. Since they are winning and playing well they dont need to change anything. My guess this is the first change up if they start struggling for a few games.

Id still like to understand why Backes doesnt want to play center. Seems like he would be the best option there. He was a Selke candidate and i cant see how he would forget how to play it. Would scare me if his reason is too much responsibility

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nash is playing fine, he's the third line center on a team that's gor what 13 out of last 14 points?

agreed, and what`s he got as far as production? 19/20pts? I`m not a massive stats guy but I do appreciate a guy who isn`t exactly looked to as an offensive catalyst making peanuts who could very realistically post 30-35 pts.....not bad, all the while being a guy who plays responsibly in all 3 zone

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cassidy put Nash line on Benn line and when out there shut them down

Cassidy lauded Nash

Guess he's kinda ok

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Was surprised to see a relatively small gap between Backes and Nash in ppg. I don't think you can possibly let Nash go.

Only thing I'd love to see is better numbers from him in the dot. But he leads all F's on the team in blocks. Amazing.

The sickest stat on Nash is now 44 takeaways, and 5 giveaways? WTF? amazing

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Might be nashs best 1/4 season of his career... 4 goals and i guess 10 assists in past 20 games. But the guy in 28. Im glad hes played well but i dont expect this pace to continue. I think hes still a 25 point 4th liner (which actually is very good)

Nash is probably earning himself a bigger contract with another team next year. Good for him. Im guessing jfk is going to need the spot on our team. Good for us.

But for all the crap nash had to put up with, im happy hes had a strong run of games to show some fans that these are working 4th liners actually do have value

What crap? Pretty sure Riley Nash doesn't read HF Boards.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Was surprised to see a relatively small gap between Backes and Nash in ppg. I don't think you can possibly let Nash go.

I think Nash has played his way off the B's after this year.
Some team will offer him more than what the B's can.
The B's will need to spend their money on more critical pieces, and will be able to replace him with JFK or perhaps Donato, or some other prospect.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You never know. I bet some read here.

Well if Nash reads stuff posted in this place I'd wager I'm not his favorite poster.

Why any pro players would come to HF Boards and read the stuff posted here is beyond me, but you're right I guess it's very well possible.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Nash has definitely been better than I expected. That' said I would still like an upgrade at 3C but if not he's very serviceable.
Can he keep chipping in offsenively in the playoffs? You need 3 lines of offense to be successful. Chris Kelly contributed 13 pts in 25 games in 2011. That's the kind of contributions it takes to win the Cup. We shall see

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think Nash has played his way off the B's after this year.
Some team will offer him more than what the B's can.
The B's will need to spend their money on more critical pieces, and will be able to replace him with JFK or perhaps Donato, or some other prospect.

You never know. Nash might take less money to play on a Cup contender/winner rather than going to a crappy team for a ton of cash. It all depends on his priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad