Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Just came across this highlight video of Janmark from last year. Not sure if it has been posted before

Brandel*

thumb_700.jpg

Holmstrom with an assist, set up the d-man for a one timer on the PP.

Janmark pointless and Kadeikin was a scratch for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
thumb_700.jpg

Holmstrom with an assist, Janmark pointless and Kadeikin was a scratch for some reason

Kadeykin actually played. 14:35 ice time and -1 in their 5-2 loss vs Almqvist's (22:30 ice time) team. No points for AA either.

Ehn had a goal in their 4-3 shootout win. 70% on faceoffs and 12 penalty minutes. He got sent off late in OT when his linemate got a penalty but they put Ehn in the box instead. He didn't like it and let the ref know.

Last edited:

Brandel*

Kadeykin actually played. 14:35 ice time and -1 in their 5-2 loss vs Almqvist's (22:30 ice time) team. No points for AA either.

Ehn had a goal in their 4-3 shootout win. 70% on faceoffs and 12 penalty minutes. He got sent off late in OT when his linemate got a penalty but they put Ehn in the box instead. He didn't like it and let the ref know.

You're right, made a mistake

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Assist for Melen today, a nice drop pass to a wide open linemate. He's really got great skill but needs a lot of work on his strength, especially lower body. Seems like the time off + growing a lot at least in height has hurt his skating quite a bit. He gets knocked down quite easily too.

He leads Växjö with 3 points (1+2) in 4 games.

Brandel*

Redwingscentral announces that they will no longer be posting new content. :(

i blame all of the armchair GMers for making capgeek too popular

It's too bad though, always had awesome inside comments and content, going to miss it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

That is absolutely awful news. There was no better place to go on draft day.

Will miss that site and all of its great content regarding our prospects.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That is absolutely awful news. There was no better place to go on draft day.

Will miss that site and all of its great content regarding out prospects.

Maybe some of RWC's article contributors should come go over to another very prominent hockey site that focuses on prospects and see if their talents would be wanted...hint hint hockey's future overlords, hint hint.

Going to really miss RWC's content, though. Leaves a substantial hole for maybe another website to step into.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Maybe some of RWC's article contributors should come go over to another very prominent hockey site that focuses on prospects and see if their talents would be wanted...hint hint hockey's future overlords, hint hint.

Going to really miss RWC's content, though. Leaves a substantial hole for maybe another website to step into.

I think it was only one guy? Don't quote me on that.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think it was only one guy? Don't quote me on that.

I think the lady who does the blog LeftWingLock has written for them. Also, I noticed a lot of their articles have been attributed to "staff." Made me think Wuest started farming some of the work out.

That's her name. I kept wanting to call her Lindy, but I think that was her username taken from her last name, right?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I think the lady who does the blog LeftWingLock has written for them. Also, I noticed a lot of their articles have been attributed to "staff." Made me think Wuest started farming some of the work out.

That's her name. I kept wanting to call her Lindy, but I think that was her username taken from her last name, right?

I believe that's correct, although don't quote me on that. Never paid much attention to names, just content.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013

Gotcha.

Has to be, her name is Sarah Lindeau

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Wow, that's too bad. There are a few areas where HFB is lacking and one was coverage of the prospects. Matt was the absolute best. RWC will be missed by the die hard fans. At least he has Cap Geek going strong, he's been a great resource for both Red Wings fans and hockey fans in general.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Man what bad news. Such a great site. At least they'll be keeping it up so we can look back. Good for him for finding success though.

Oct 18, 2006
To be honest, this just sucks. A 15th overall selection who you hope has more offense than Helm? Who you HOPE develops into a second line contributor? Feel sick.

“That’s (Helm) a very fair comparison,†said the Red Wings’ chief amateur scout. “That style of play with the speed and the skating … and I think there’s more offense there.â€

The Red Wings drafted Larkin, a Waterford, Mich., native, from the U.S. development program’s under-18 team with their first-round pick, 15th overall, in the 2014 draft, landing a player they feel is a sure-fire third-liner who could develop into a second-line contributor.

"and you hope there’s enough offense that maybe he’s a second-line center in time,â Finley said.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
"We hope he's a second liner in time," is no different from "he has second line upside." I think you're choosing to view this in a negative light. Besides, the Helm comparison only makes sense if you view Helm in the same positive light as the scout (who clearly thinks very highly of him). It sounds like you don't.

Plus, this team has a ton of offense on the wing. It's not surprising that they went with a two-way center. Especially one they so clearly have a mancrush on.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
To be honest, this just sucks. A 15th overall selection who you hope has more offense than Helm? Who you HOPE develops into a second line contributor? Feel sick.

“That’s (Helm) a very fair comparison,†said the Red Wings’ chief amateur scout. “That style of play with the speed and the skating … and I think there’s more offense there.â€

The Red Wings drafted Larkin, a Waterford, Mich., native, from the U.S. development program’s under-18 team with their first-round pick, 15th overall, in the 2014 draft, landing a player they feel is a sure-fire third-liner who could develop into a second-line contributor.

"and you hope there’s enough offense that maybe he’s a second-line center in time,†Finley said.

The more people watch him, the more people will like him. Mark my words on that. The Helm references are a product of his feet and speed. Both are great skaters who push the play with their feet.

If Larkin was a dangler, everyone would be talking up his offensive upside. He just doesn't play that game. He is a super efficient player with the puck who uses his teammates and drives the net in a hard direct fashion. I don't really consider this a fault. Most NHL offense isn't the product of brilliant one-on-one play anyways.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado

"and you hope there’s enough offense that maybe he’s a second-line center in time,†Finley said.

Well when you think about it Helm scores almost 30 pts. a season as a 3rd line center, add a little bit more offense in there and your looking at 40-50 points, which is decent production for a 2nd line center in today's NHL.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Well when you think about it Helm scores almost 30 pts. a season as a 3rd line center, add a little bit more offense in there and your looking at 40-50 points, which is decent production for a 2nd line center in today's NHL.

Yeah I'm not sure what anyone else would expect. A more offensive Helm, playing on the second line would be a VERY good player. Reminds me of people complaining about Sheahan that had never watched him play. HAving two guys like Larkin and Sheahan down the middle will be great for the wings in the future

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah I'm not sure what anyone else would expect. A more offensive Helm, playing on the second line would be a VERY good player. Reminds me of people complaining about Sheahan that had never watched him play. HAving two guys like Larkin and Sheahan down the middle will be great for the wings in the future

well, I think the worry with Sheahan was that he'd never made good on all of the promises of having some offensive skill to him. Considering his lack of production at ND and his only fair production at GR, I totally get any worries about him. Especially when we looked to the guys next to him and saw Nyquist and Tatar producing at much bigger clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad