Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Melen got hit pretty bad in their pre-season game on Sunday. He scored a goal and assist in the 1st but didn't return after that hit.

They start the regular season tomorrow so Iguess we'll see if he's healthy or not.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Just realized that. My bad. Technically, that is correct.

But I'm excited to watch it nonetheless.
Me too, I'm glad we're getting video at all. Lots of interesting kids on our roster and other teams as well.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Is this the website that live-updated itself last year as plays happened? similar to nhl.com's version which updates with whistles, shots, hits, saves etc.

Point streak live updates junior lacrosse games from small towns in the area I'm from so I wouldnt be surprised if they do for this

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
@georgemalik
Pairings: Frk Nosek Mantha w/ Sproul and Backman; Campbell Bertuzzi Athanasiou with Hicketts and Nedomlel...

@georgemalik
Tvrdon Verrier Nastasiuk with McNulty and Wheaton...Llewellyn Turgeon and Clarke with Hicketts and Stanton...

@slapshotg0al
So far Martin Frk has looked much better. He's clearly been working on his skating a lot. I like what I'm seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Interesting to see Verrier get a spot with Nastasiuk over some of the others. He put up some decent numbers in the Q the last 2 years.

I hope Nastasiuk and Turgeon are going to see serious PK time. They're both too good to play depth roles on a team like this. I guess the prospect pool is a little bare on tourney-ready centers, though.

Top line is interesting too: three scorers. We know about Fri and Mantha, but Nosek has scored a lot of goals in his career. He's historically had just a few more assists than goals. He came just shy of 20 goals in the Czech league last year, which is a ton for a European league.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Winging It In Motown @wingingitmotown · 33m
We have learned that the amount of Prospects Tourney action we're going to be allowed to show is going to be much less than we thought.

Winging It In Motown @wingingitmotown · 32m
We were told one thing and now have been told another. Will update more when the first videos hit live.

Winging It In Motown @wingingitmotown · 30m
We'll still have lots of great video coverage of the Wings games at the Prospects Tourney, just not as much as we want.

Whatever this means, doesn't sound very good...

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
That sounds like total ********. :( Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings were fine with it, but they don't have consent from all of the other teams.

Kinda hoping they'll go guerrilla like last year and just post the full games anyway. Do it on an anonymous account or something.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Kinda hoping they'll go guerrilla like last year and just post the full games anyway. Do it on an anonymous account or something.

Yes please.

Although, I feel like it'd be way too easy to find out who uploaded it. Very hard to stay anonymous on the internet.

What rationale is there for hiding this stuff though? It can't be advertisers. And I don't understand why other teams would care so much about a few hundred hardcore fans watching a prospects tournament. Are they hiding a secret game strategy that's going to win the Cup or something? What could they gain from secrecy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad