Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Mantha was so damn consistent that those "Franzens" who are streaky scorers beat him every weak with their scoring peak and then disappeared. ;)

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Thought this was hilarious from Zadorov, hoping he eats his words very quickly.

What does he know about playing against Crosby. He was sitting in the trainers room with a band-aid on his booboo when they played and a healthy scratch for half the games he was on the roster.

I like this stuff. I hope it motivates Mantha for when they meet.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
wow, that's high. i like our kids a lot but there are more than 2 prospect pools i'd take above ours.

that said, i wouldn't be shocked if red wings kids collectively as a group end up being 3rd best when it's all said and done.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think they are probably a bit overrated at 3, but typically underrated because we don't have any fancy big name prospects typically. The success of Nyquist/ Tatar/ Sheahan/Jurco/ Glenny at the NHL level gave the system extra shine, and getting Mantha gave the Wings the blue chip prospect for everyone to talk about. The Wings have the it prospect system right now. If anything our prospect system was better last spring before the 3 grads. I also sort of feel like there is a bias against AHL prospects in these rankings. Thus a system like the Wings is usually underappreciated even though we have guys dominating that league.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Wow, that's quite unexpected. I'd have us in the top 10 but closer to 10 than 1.

wow, that's high. i like our kids a lot but there are more than 2 prospect pools i'd take above ours.

that said, i wouldn't be shocked if red wings kids collectively as a group end up being 3rd best when it's all said and done.

I guess they're really high on Mantha & when considering the defensive/forward depth we ended up doing pretty good.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If I had to re-rank that top 10, I would go.

1. Tampa Bay
2. New York Islanders
3. Buffalo
4. Columbus
5. Detroit
6. Calgary
7. Montreal
8. Chicago
9. Anaheim
10. Dallas

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
I love the fact that our prospect pool is getting some respect, but that #3 ranking is kind of confusing. We lose Tatar, Nyquist and Dekeyser to graduation and go up 6 places on the rankings? That seems a little off to me.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We have sick depth, I think #3 is a fair position. We have so many guys that could possibly handle the jump to the NHL next season that it's starting to look ridiculous.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
BrentLaleCTV
‏@BrentLaleCTV
Redwings Head Coach Mike Babcock is in the House. @MCMemorialCup

BnykKjjCQAAHzac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad