Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I didn't watch much of Nastasiuk's game, but he did have a secondary assist on the first goal. He won a battle in the corner and got it to the guy at the faceoff dot and he passed it cross crease to the open guy and he had an easy open net goal.

Bertuzzi's game I watched about 2/3 of it (It's still going on, but I'm busy now) and he was by far Guelph's best player, but they're missing Dickerson and Fabbri. He looked like a very good grinder. He showed some offense that he couldn't capitalize on, but he had the chances. He was dishing out some big hits and was carrying the puck up the ice a bit. He's definitely one of the strongest out there as well. He played PP, PK, and was the 3rd man on the 3 on 5. Other players that I watched in that game were Tyler Boston and Aleks Rapp. Boston is a small, but energetic forward, he looked inexperienced, but showed flashes of skill. Kind of looked like Tyler Johnson out there. Rapp definitely has size and strength. He showed some hustle on a backcheck which prevented a good scoring chance. He likes to use the body and be physical. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the 2015/2016 draft eligible players from Guelph throughout the season.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I didn't watch much of Nastasiuk's game, but he did have a secondary assist on the first goal. He won a battle in the corner and got it to the guy at the faceoff dot and he passed it cross crease to the open guy and he had an easy open net goal.
He also added a SH goal late in the game. Seems like he's improving a bit offensively.

BTW, the OHL site has Nastasiuk at 6'2 202. He's definitely going to be a guy with some size. I think he can get even heavier still, although it might impact his skating (which is already a little bit of a weakness). He definitely has the frame to be a 210 or 215 lb guy.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
8:36 ice time for Kadeykin in his first SKA game, a 7-1 win. Least ice time, 50% on faceoffs.

Melen's team won 7-2 but he didn't play for some reason. Too bad, he would have probably put up a few points.

No points for Ehn in a 2-1 loss.

No points for Almqvist in a 4-3 win.

Holmström has an assist, game is in the 2nd period.

Last edited:

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Did Janmark play? honestly he has been pretty disappointing to me since the second half of last season, he seems to have flashes of high end skill but is so inconsistent.

I know its real early in the season but Holmstrom is outproducing him even though he is 3 1/2 years younger and was just drafted in the 7th.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Did Janmark play? honestly he has been pretty disappointing to me since the second half of last season, he seems to have flashes of high end skill but is so inconsistent.

I know its real early in the season but Holmstrom is outproducing him even though he is 3 1/2 years younger and was just drafted in the 7th.
Yes he played. Almost 20 minutes of ice time and 5 shots on goal. I honestly wouldn't be too worried about him, he's very talented and plays with a great attitude. Sure, Holmström's numbers are better after 6 games but their teams in general have been scoring at a very different pace (2.2 vs 3.5 goals per game). I doubt Homer can keep up that production but Janmark has potential to produce much more. We should probably wait another 10 game.

By the way, here's Janmark's goal from yesterday (at 1:56): http://www.shl.se/video/standalone/10354730/ttvideo/

Edit.
Just noticed Janmark has been 57% on faceoffs so far, best in his team. Two previous years: 33%, 36%. Still a small sample size though.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Yes he played. Almost 20 minutes of ice time and 5 shots on goal. I honestly wouldn't be too worried about him, he's very talented and plays with a great attitude. Sure, Holmström's numbers are better after 6 games but their teams in general have been scoring at a very different pace (2.2 vs 3.5 goals per game). I doubt Homer can keep up that production but Janmark has potential to produce much more. We should probably wait another 10 game.

By the way, here's Janmark's goal from yesterday (at 1:56): http://www.shl.se/video/standalone/10354730/ttvideo/

Edit.
Just noticed Janmark has been 57% on faceoffs so far, best in his team. Two previous years: 33%, 36%. Still a small sample size though.

Thanks a lot, and yeah I figured Holmstrom's pace will probably fall off over time and Janmark should hopefully pick it up a bit, it seems like he played pretty well today considering his TOI and 5 shots, also nice to see some faceoff improvement.

Brandel*

Hicketts just got an assist on the PP, big scramble in front off his point shot. He sure likes to shoot the puck every chance he can, fired a couple in that one sequence. He enters the zone very well, seems like he has more zone entries than any of the Royal's forwards. Skates very well out and through the neutral zone, had one play where he entered the offensive zone by himself, had no play as his linemates were changing, so he quickly turned around and skated with the puck back out and into the neutral zone and handed it off to a teammate as the analytics crowd rejoices

Last edited by a moderator:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Hicketts just got an assist on the PP, big scramble in front off his point shot. He sure likes to shoot the puck every chance he can, fired a couple in that one sequence. He enters the zone very well, seems like he has more zone entries than any of the Royal's forwards. Skates very well out and through the neutral zone, had one play where he entered the offensive zone by himself, had no play as his linemates were changing, so he quickly turned around and skated with the puck back out and into the neutral zone and handed it off to a teammate as the analytics crowd rejoices

Looks like he also scored the OT winner, was 1st star and had 5 shots on goal. Not bad... :sarcasm:

McNulty and Nasty had an assist too.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Given his lack of size, why not try playing up on the wing? He could still QB the PP from the point, but his size and skating ability would seem to say he could be a natural winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->