Rumor: Rangers looking to deal for D

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
if Staal is in play it should be for a forward (ie Ryan). why cater to, and limit your options by penciling him in with Carolina? as mentioned before, you don't trade Staal for the #5 pick, you pray you get a Staal with a #5 pick. I simply cannot see a trade working with the Canes. Tlusty's production was great last year, but was hugely reliant on E Staals and **** beasting, Tlusty actually disappeared for a chunk of the season, good player but not someone I would target with the #5 and Staal. I'd take chances with Skinner and concussion over Tlusty. That said Ryan or some other "youngish" forward with a body of work of scoring should be targeted.

And really trade Staal for cap issues, when you can buy out Richards?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
if Staal is in play it should be for a forward (ie Ryan). why cater to, and limit your options by penciling him in with Carolina? as mentioned before, you don't trade Staal for the #5 pick, you pray you get a Staal with a #5 pick. I simply cannot see a trade working with the Canes. Tlusty's production was great last year, but was hugely reliant on E Staals and **** beasting, Tlusty actually disappeared for a chunk of the season, good player but not someone I would target with the #5 and Staal. I'd take chances with Skinner and concussion over Tlusty. That said Ryan or some other "youngish" forward with a body of work of scoring should be targeted.

And really trade Staal for cap issues, when you can buy out Richards?

Welcome to Rangers land

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I do not believe the Rangers are in cap trouble, especially if Miller and Kreider are going to see bigger t roles

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
Staal for Skinner + Murphy/McBain.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Skinner-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Stralman
Moore-Scuderi
McBain

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
staal for ryan id do it..at some point someone is going to have to go on d.. rob scudari is another lefty d, so how exactly does that help?

and thats straight up! we shouldnt have to add.. especially since coburn and 11th are in play, which coburn is garbage!

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Marc would bring back significant people.

Why would the cains or anyone else give anything significant for injured goods in staal? His eye will never be 100% and he most likely suffered another concussion when he came back for that 1 game. I don't buy he was not comfortable playing with only one eye story, think there was much more to it.

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
Why would the cains or anyone else give anything significant for injured goods in staal? His eye will never be 100% and he most likely suffered another concussion when he came back for that 1 game. I don't buy he was not comfortable playing with only one eye story, think there was much more to it.

Don't be such a Debbie Downer.

Tell me, how exactly did he suffer another concussion in Game 3 of the Caps series? He didn't get destroyed by anyone, he didn't even go into the boards hard.

And he was definitely uncomfortable. He had a hard time with pucks at his feet.

All that being said, ophthalmologists have said he'll make a full recovery.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Starting to think we need to keep all our D, gotta see Staal play first. I think he will be fine but you don't want to be in a tough situation. We lost both him and Stralman last playoffs and our D went to ****.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
i dont get why they would want Mackinnon? they need defense bad...

stasny
duchene
ROR

besides barrie and EJ they got noone..

I agree it's one thing if the BPA blows everyone else away, but that's not the case and Jones is a HUGE need. Unless they move a C for D?

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
i dont get why they would want Mackinnon? they need defense bad...

stasny
duchene
ROR

besides barrie and EJ they got noone..

Stastny is one year from UFA. If they do end up with Mackinnon, I would be shocked if he's not traded. They've talked about moving RoR to wing, but I think that's a smokescreen (and a stupid move).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad