Rumor: Rangers looking to deal for D

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Interesting because you have gotten a lot of stuff right in the past like the Kovy deal and signings like Rupp. Thanks for putting this out there.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
so... let me get this straight.. Staal might be in play because of "cap space"? even though the Rangers have 14M dollars + to sign Hagelin, Stepan and Mcdonagh? which is more than enough? Staal would be traded because he's bringing back a big return, not because of cap space IMO.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
so... let me get this straight.. Staal might be in play because of "cap space"? even though the Rangers have 14M dollars + to sign Hagelin, Stepan and Mcdonagh? which is more than enough? Staal would be traded because he's bringing back a big return, not because of cap space IMO.

Probably means going forward next year. With Girardi, Hank, Cally, Brassard, Kreider, Del Zotto, and Moore all getting raises of some form next year as well as Staal being a UFA, we could run into some issues.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I can't decide if I want to be a part of this thread until I know what this thread is.

What am I looking at here? Where is this rumor from?

Dagoon does have a few connections actually. Broke the Kovalchuk trade before anyone else. Also the Rupp/Asham signings iirc.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
I can't decide if I want to be a part of this thread until I know what this thread is.

What am I looking at here? Where is this rumor from?

He has sources from within the organization from what I recall.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Thanks to the guys who are sticking up for me, I also broke torts firing a week before anyone else, this is why I hate this site and just don't post here any more, follow my twitter dagoon44 . I love the friends I made on here but the nonsense kills me

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can't score? Trade for defense!

I definitely can't criticize OP because Sather would do something that stupid.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Scuderi would be a good stopgap in case Staal is dealt for a high end forward. I assume that's what you mean

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Nope not terrible just a bunch of know it all guys .. The big money in net and the d that need to be signed hamper the offense and the players the rangers can go after. Lots and I mean lots of rumors all scorers flying around and rangers could use all of them
Horton rights
Bobby Ryan
Camallari and bunch of others

if Staal is dealt, would it likely be to Carolina, and what could we expect back?

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Ugh. No Horton. If we wanted a concussion-laden guy, we'd re-sign Ryane Clowe at a cheaper price.

No Cammalleri as well. We get pushed around and I don't see a 5'9" forward rectifying that. Hell, give me Vinny L over those two.

Ryan would be ideal, though.

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
I can believe this.

I said last year or the year before that Staal was like our generation's Harry Howell(I never saw Howell play, only going by what I heard/read from others about him).

Then the eye injury happened.

Couple that with McIlrath's eventual arrival within the next 2 seasons, & Staal is a lot more expendable.

Still would rather see Del Zotto dumped first TBH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad