Rumor: Rangers looking to deal for D

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I can't decide if I want to be a part of this thread until I know what this thread is.

What am I looking at here? Where is this rumor from?

Dude, trust me, Dagoon is legit. He's vetted as a source here, so if you want to ***** about it, you can kindly leave the thread.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Dude, trust me, Dagoon is legit. He's vetted as a source here, so if you want to ***** about it, you can kindly leave the thread.

So we can't ask where he's getting his info from?

I appreciate it when he comes on here with what he's heard, but from memory it's normally "I was talking to player from team x at restaurant" or whatever, not just "rumour"

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
^ Kid on a power trip.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable asking for a source. If Dagoon is getting this information from an inside source I think it would be appropriate for him to state that up front. I don't have all HF posters who have vetted sources committed to memory, nor do I intend to.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
So we can't ask where he's getting his info from?

I appreciate it when he comes on here with what he's heard, but from memory it's normally "I was talking to player from team x at restaurant" or whatever, not just "rumour"

Ask a mod via PM, we don't need to discuss this in-thread. He does have sources, he was the first one to report that Tortorella could be fired.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I dont want Staal traded. I want him to stay so i can get a nightly glimpse of the Big Visor. Hell, I hope Staal gets a big helmet too. Like david Wrights or dark Helmet.

I worked with Scuderi's sister years ago. Never understood how both siblings didn't have NY accents. Brian Mullen is another one. Sounds Canadian.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Scuderi would be surprising, unless not only Staal that may be in play, but DZ as well.
McD, Scuderi, Moore on the left side.
With the premium on Dmen we are seeing, i can see the logic if and only if the returns for Staal and DZ are adequate.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Ask a mod via PM, we don't need to discuss this in-thread. He does have sources, he was the first one to report that Tortorella could be fired.

You shouldn't give up Dagoon's sources just because someone PMs you. Mods word should be good enough, just saying.

I have sources too, they're not as reliable or as informative, but if I gave them to mods I sure as **** wouldn't want them telling other people because they PM'd you.

My $0.02

With that said, I'd much rather get rid of DZ than Staal. Understand that Staal certainly has more value though.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
If Staal were traded, Id like to see Scuderi here. Hell, if Del Zotto is moved, I'd like to see Scuderi here. Great bottom-pairing defenseman, excellent penalty killer, tough as nails, and a veteran with two cup rings.

Now, I'd be intrigued as to what Staal could return. I could honestly see #5 for Staal, it makes sense; not because his name is Staal and because it's the Hurricanes, it's because the Rangers effectively clear cap space with this move and also secure an asset that is most likely NHL ready next year in a third/fourth line role (READ: Sean Monahan, Valeri Nichuskin, potentially Elias Lindholm). The Hurricanes also get what they're looking for in a top-notch defenseman. Could probably get Caroline to throw something else in there, as well.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If Staal goes for anything less than a king's ransom I'll be upset. Can't see the point in going after Scuderi unless we just want a veteran warm body for a few seasons, he's also coming off a $3.4m per year contract and would probably want something similar (around $3m) so there's not much cap saving

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The next person discussing a source in here is getting infracted and threadbanned. That's all.

BarbaraAlphanse

Dagoon's twitter:

"Staal could fetch a ransom"...

I for one trust that he has sources. I'm very interested in the ransom though.

Ryan + for Staal and i'm really intrigued. We need scoring. We have defense coming up soon.

Wish DZ was the one traded but Staal may have been on the way out regardless of what I want.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
If Staal were traded, Id like to see Scuderi here. Hell, if Del Zotto is moved, I'd like to see Scuderi here. Great bottom-pairing defenseman, excellent penalty killer, tough as nails, and a veteran with two cup rings.

Now, I'd be intrigued as to what Staal could return. I could honestly see #5 for Staal, it makes sense; not because his name is Staal and because it's the Hurricanes, it's because the Rangers effectively clear cap space with this move and also secure an asset that is most likely NHL ready next year in a third/fourth line role (READ: Sean Monahan, Valeri Nichuskin, potentially Elias Lindholm). The Hurricanes also get what they're looking for in a top-notch defenseman. Could probably get Caroline to throw something else in there, as well.
The something else better be significant.

BarbaraAlphanse

Staal/Boyle/#65 for 5th overall/Tlusty.

Perhaps.

No reason to trade him to CAR. He could end up there when all is said and done but I'm not giving them a discount for ***** and giggles.

Defensemen are a hot commodity this offseason. He has an eye problem but doctors expect a full recovery from him, whether he claims that he may never get there. For God's sake, Coburn is reportedly able to get the #5 on his own. Staal is our best defenseman (arguably) when he's healthy. You get a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman for him.

Ryan + top 4 defenseman/prospect that can turn into that. Carter + Scuderi. Kane + Byf. Take your pick. Staal can fetch that. No settling.

Sather is a magician. IF Staal get's moved expect A RANSOM. (Purely Opinion and hope).

BarbaraAlphanse

Frankly, I can't see us trading Staal without getting D in return.

I think you go for a top line (or top 2 line) forward and then a top 4 d.

So first line winger and 2nd pairing defender. Or a defender with potential to get there (At the very least)

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Frankly, I can't see us trading Staal without getting D in return.
I would be sad/pissed if there wasn't one included

O9JOdiY.png

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Oh boy. I wanted Scuderi anyways. He is a good shut down calming influence and he skates well. Very little offense but that's okay considering all else he provides.

Thanks Dagoon for bringing this in.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Not everything is a joke, and trying to make one out of everything get's old and wears on people.

Question it all you want, Dagoon has been right in the past and also had Staal do a signing if I am correct at one of his establishments a few years ago.

Just because a person's opinion doesn't align with yours doesn't mean you have to make something out of nothing, or attack the person. It's a message board, which has literally nothing to do with anyone's social standing. Have noticed it quite a bit lately that a certain few think their **** doesn't stink for whatever reason.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but something we should all keep in mind. We've lost a lot of good posters, some with inside info who wanted to key us in and got bashed by the keyboard warriors.

Thanks Dagoon for putting yourself out there, if it happens you deserve credit once again, if nothing happens it's because these things are never 100% guaranteed and people need to remember that instead of trashing the source, unless its Eklund.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Not everything is a joke, and trying to make one out of everything get's old and wears on people.

Question it all you want, Dagoon has been right in the past and also had Staal do a signing if I am correct at one of his establishments a few years ago.

Just because a person's opinion doesn't align with yours doesn't mean you have to make something out of nothing, or attack the person. It's a message board, which has very literally nothing to do with anyone's social standing. Have noticed it quite a bit lately that a certain few think their **** doesn't stink for whatever reason.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but something we should all keep in mind. We've lost a lot of good posters, some with inside info who wanted to key us in and got bashed by the keyboard warriors.

Thanks Dagoon for putting yourself out there, if it happens you deserve credit once again, if nothing happens it's because these things are never 100% guaranteed and people need to remember that instead of trashing the source, unless its Eklund.

Hear hear!

Thanks, Dagoon.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano

Just because a person's opinion doesn't align with yours doesn't mean you have to make something out of nothing, or attack the person. It's a message board, which has very literally nothing to do with anyone's social standing. Have noticed it quite a bit lately that a certain few think their **** doesn't stink for whatever reason.

:clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad