Rumor: Rangers looking to deal for D

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
If this is true, who else do we give up? For cap reasons. Bieksa's making 4.6.

Is Boyle really all they want? I do that in a heartbeat, then we move Staal for a cheap forward +. Maybe Staal for Yakupov.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Yakupov-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Bieksa
Moore-Stralman

Championship*

ROB SCUDERI
From the kings may be heading to ny. Staal may be in play because of cap space.

Watch for the devils to make a big splash Sunday bobby Ryan or Vinny L.

Not trying to poke holes in this but I don't see how the Devils could make a splash for Vinny at the draft. His rights can't be traded and he's a UFA on the 5th. If financial problems are stopping them from re-signing their current talent, how are they affording Vinny?

As for Bobby Ryan, they have the pick #10 to trade, but what else? Ducks want a D-man or #2 center.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Not trying to poke holes in this but I don't see how the Devils could make a splash for Vinny at the draft. His rights can't be traded and he's a UFA on the 5th. If financial problems are stopping them from re-signing their current talent, how are they affording Vinny?

As for Bobby Ryan, they have the pick #10 to trade, but what else? Ducks want a D-man or #2 center.

He's a free agent now seeing as he's been bought out, doesn't have to wait for his contract to officially expire like the rest of them.

Hence why he's talked to 5 or so teams already.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
He's a free agent now seeing as he's been bought out, doesn't have to wait for his contract to officially expire like the rest of them.

Hence why he's talked to 5 or so teams already.

I think despite being bought out he needs to wait to the 5th to sign with a new team...or is that not correct?

Kershaw

This is the first of a few trades for defenseman they may make . I was told they wanted NHL ready guys and they got on dirt cheap. Look for another small deal soon

Hmm young, NHL ready guy on cheap contract. I can't think of many that would help the Rangers going into next season.

Maybe Rundblad?

Championship*

He can talk to them, which is my point. He's not handcuffed like the other UFA's, granted talking to the Devils didn't constitute a big splash, might be the beginning of something though.

See bolded. Talking =/= big splash, especially when the Devils name's weren't even mentioned to be a team he met with, and he's only meetings today according to Freidman are Calgary and Detroit.

"Are you excited Devils fans, we are TALKING to Vinny!"

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
See bolded. Talking =/= big splash, especially when the Devils name's weren't even mentioned to be a team he met with, and he's only meetings today according to Freidman are Calgary and Detroit.

"Are you excited Devils fans, we are TALKING to Vinny!"

You're one of those people I see.

Championship*

Proved me wrong? More like agreed with them talking to him as not being a big splash? You acted as if the Devils couldn't possibly deal with VL... Which isn't true.

"Anything can happen"

That said, a team that is having problems re-signing their must sign players isn't going to attract a player like a Lecavalier. You're original point was that they could sign him now, you were wrong. You tried to come at me but you're just spinning your tires now.

Punxrocknyc19*

This is the first of a few trades for defenseman they may make . I was told they wanted NHL ready guys and they got on dirt cheap. Look for another small deal soon

thanks for your knowledge.. anyways any deal for forward?? maybe someone with some size that can actually play.. Id love E.Kane on this team.. id gladly move Staal for him...

SupersonicMonkey*

Hmm young, NHL ready guy on cheap contract. I can't think of many that would help the Rangers going into next season.

Maybe Rundblad?

Ryan Murphy
Morgan Rielly
Tyson Barrie
Jeff Petry
Paul Postma
Jonathan Blum
Ryan Ellis
Ryan Sproul
Brendan Smith
David Rundblad
Jamie McBain

There are many options...a hell of a lot better then Justin Falk.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
"Anything can happen"

That said, a team that is having problems re-signing their must sign players isn't going to attract a player like a Lecavalier. You're original point was that they could sign him now, you were wrong. You tried to come at me but you're just spinning your tires now.

Point out where I said he could sign a contract.

He's a free agent now, hence why he's talking to teams while others can't. That's what I said. Spin that how you must.

Championship*

Point out where I said he could sign a contract.

He's a free agent now, hence why he's talking to teams while others can't. That's what I said. Spin that how you must.

YOU said:

You said that, correct?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Holy crap, stop with the pissing match. You guys aren't even talking about hockey anymore and it clogs this thread to the point where it makes it a pain to read.

NHRangerfan

You said that, correct?

Players who were compliance buyouts can negotiate with any team but cannot sign a contract till 7/5, unlike UFA's who cannot talk to any teams until the FA period starts.

so in essence VLC can agree to a contract in principle with a team today but can't officially sign it.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Holy crap, stop with the pissing match. You guys aren't even talking about hockey anymore and it clogs this thread to the point where it makes it a pain to read.

Agreed. Enough with this. Let's get back on track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad