Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Jack Roslovic from Columbus for a 4th round cond. pick.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He can slot in basically anywhere in the top 9. The Columbus teams he has played on have been terrible, he will be able to play with some talent here on a winning team. He hasn't even been close to the playoffs and never made any runs with Winnipeg.

He is a more productive player than Andrew Copp.
People keep bringing up how bad his team is but he's played a lot of minutes with Johnny Gaudreau who is a machine at even strength. Roslovic's strong goal-based metrics are heavily inflated by his Gaudreau minutes.

You talk about playing with talent but we have nothing close to Gaudreau outside of Panarin.

When we put him on a line that already sucks, he's not gonna be productive. And at least the other options can defend.

This has Vatrano written all over it. An intriguing skillset but ultimately a guy we overplay. The line will be a disaster and everyone will just ignore it when they score a couple of nice goals.

Reactions: ReddestRum

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think everyone watches these guys play, but you aren’t going to watch enough to get a true sense of who or what they are unless you are a maniac who watches hockey all night and every day. It’s not lazy to use this data, which is compiled by people who are watching the game but over a much larger sample.
Jovanovski does that and still concluded that Kravtsov was a good player.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I like this pickup. If you weren’t going to get a big fish I’m much more comfortable with Roslovic than I would’ve been with some of the other older options.

Intriguing skill set, can skate and is skilled. He may not be a driver but there’s a good chance he will find chemistry somewhere in the top 9.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Dumb to argue about charts and whatnot in this instance, this was a good trade anyway you look at it. No risk high reward. He’s a player who may break out and be worth keeping under the right circumstances. High upside move for a young player. It’s not like he’d gauthier. He can play.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
People keep bringing up how bad his team is but he's played a lot of minutes with Johnny Gaudreau who is a machine at even strength. Roslovic's strong goal-based metrics are heavily inflated by his Gaudreau minutes.

You talk about playing with talent but we have nothing close to Gaudreau outside of Panarin.

When we put him on a line that already sucks, he's not gonna be productive. And at least the other options can defend.

This has Vatrano written all over it. An intriguing skillset but ultimately a guy we overplay. The line will be a disaster and everyone will just ignore it when they score a couple of nice goals.
1B20365A-7434-4A68-8BE6-83D86211FAF7.jpeg

His individually tracked stuff looks really good too which is encouraging

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Dumb to argue about charts and whatnot in this instance, this was a good trade anyway you look at it. No risk high reward. He’s a player who may break out and be worth keeping under the right circumstances. High upside move for a young player. It’s not like he’d gauthier. He can play.
Yeah, I agree that there's no risk. At worst, he sucks on a line that already sucks. I'm more whatever than mad about it.

His skills are at least intriguing and maybe he improves here. It's better than getting another guy who hitz and shocks blotz while getting outscored 7:3.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012

Well, Johnny Hockey has yet to be PPG with CBJ, and has only 45 pts in 63 games this season. With 13 of those on the PP. I don’t know if Jake has been on the powerplay with him, but JG has been far from the old Johnny Hockey, especially THIS year. NYR have 5 players who have scored more than Gaudreuau this year and Laf isnt far off. In fact Laf has 35 points off of the power play to Johnny Hockey’s 32…

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I think everyone watches these guys play, but you aren’t going to watch enough to get a true sense of who or what they are unless you are a maniac who watches hockey all night and every day. It’s not lazy to use this data, which is compiled by people who are watching the game but over a much larger sample.
Thank you but I do think it’s a tad lazy to form a hard opinion on a player when you literally don’t watch any video of a player and just depend on the charts for all the nuances like it’s gospel.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Thank you but I do think it’s a tad lazy to form a hard opinion on a player when you literally don’t watch any video of a player and just depend on the charts for all the nuances like it’s gospel.

but like he said the charts are created from watching the games. most fans dont know what they're watching anyway.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, Johnny Hockey has yet to be PPG with CBJ, and has only 45 pts in 63 games this season. With 13 of those on the PP. I don’t know if Jake has been on the powerplay with him, but JG has been far from the old Johnny Hockey, especially THIS year. NYR have 5 players who have scored more than Gaudreuau this year and Laf isnt far off. In fact Laf has 35 points off of the power play to Johnny Hockey’s 32…
Underlying numbers still have Gaudreau as one of the best chance creators in the sport. His production has been down because Columbus couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

Roslovic is sort of part of that, but he has an unsustainably low shooting percentage so I would take his finishing with a grain of salt.

Also, he's a passer which plays well with who he's gonna be with.

I just don't necessarily buy that he was dragged down by his environment. This is the player he is for better or worse.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

Haha man what planet are you on, Gaudreau has been garbage this year. He got healthied for being so bad. Roslovic isn’t leeching off of a 45 point in 63 game Gaudreau.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No you did not. Your immediate reaction was why, what’s the point?
I still think that. This makes the team better in the sense that winning $10 is better than winning $9.

I also literally said the 4th round pick isn't worth caring about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad