Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Jack Roslovic from Columbus for a 4th round cond. pick.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We aren't winning the cup, other contenders were much more aggressive than us. So deadline is a fail. But I'm much happier with Roslovic than I would be with Pacioretty or something, Roslovic can skate.
Would trading a 1st + Cuylle/Berard/Edstrom as part of the Guentzel package made you happy? That would have been aggressive right? Not many big trades went down in the east and the Rangers dodged a bullet not getting Guentzel. The Buch trade would have been very expensive also. That's why he wasn't traded.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
My Columbus contact summed it up this way — you never know what you are going to get out of Jack.

That probably sums up this trade.
He's been good when I have watched him. 13 points in last 11 games also. Speed and skill. I don't care if he disappears sometimes. Giving up a 2026 4th rounder is nothing and it came with retention. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Not sure if anyone mentioned it. Roslovic played on the 2016/17 USA U-20 team in the world JRs. Also on that squad was Adam Fox and Ryan Lindgren. I believe that team won Gold. Seems to be a trend. New deadline additions in recent years had some connections from past teams. Kane, Copp, Vatrano, etc

Reactions: egelband and FUZfan

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He's been good when I have watched him. 13 points in last 11 games also. Speed and skill. I don't care if he disappears sometimes. Giving up a 2026 4th rounder is nothing and it came with retention. Seems like a no brainer to me.
I think the thing is just that he’s been streaky. Maybe he plays awesome, maybe he disappears. Let’s hope he gets hot and stays hot

Reactions: egelband

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
1709958658867.png

Jack sticking with 96

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
All we need is a good half seasons worth of games and he'll never pay for a drink in NYC again.
Exactly, we don't need this guy to turn into a 80 point player for his career going forward. We need him to find lightning in a bottle somewhere in this lineup for about 35 or so games. He's a skilled guy who has shown an ability to play with skill players and at times get hot and produce. Against the cost of acquiring a big fish, getting this guy for a low cost is basically the 2024 version of the Vatrano trade which is what we all wanted as a backup if a big fish couldn't be landed.

Personally I've always been a fan of Roslovic from his draft year so I may be higher on him than most (and I know that was like 9 years ago) but I'm eager to see how he can fit in, I've always liked him as a player.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I like this pickup. If you weren’t going to get a big fish I’m much more comfortable with Roslovic than I would’ve been with some of the other older options.

Intriguing skill set, can skate and is skilled. He may not be a driver but there’s a good chance he will find chemistry somewhere in the top 9.

Maybe he breaks out like Brassard did when he came to the Rangers. He was also from the Bluejackets.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Not sure if anyone mentioned it. Roslovic played on the 2016/17 USA U-20 team in the world JRs. Also on that squad was Adam Fox and Ryan Lindgren. I believe that team won Gold. Seems to be a trend. New deadline additions in recent years had some connections from past teams. Kane, Copp, Vatrano, etc

America! f*** yeah!

Reactions: Lion Hound

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
May 2, 2014 was game one of Rangers-Penguins. Brassard scored the OT goal. The ref waived off the goal thinking Brassard hit the crossbar but it went under the bar. Pouliot scored a few seconds later but the puck had already gone in.
Great season. Now that was a fun "third" line.

Reactions: McRanger92

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Just hoping he gels with Kreider and Zibanejad by some miracle. How many players have tried to get those two to wake up.

If he does develop chemistry with them, extend him instantly, because there's no chance to trade either Zibanejad or Kreider, so keep the player that has chemistry with them. Vatrano worked with them if memory serves and it was stupid to let him walk. Don't make the same mistake twice. But first we have to see what happens.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
We aren't winning the cup, other contenders were much more aggressive than us. So deadline is a fail. But I'm much happier with Roslovic than I would be with Pacioretty or something, Roslovic can skate.
This is where im at too. I don't think this team can get it done. If they get hot sure anything can happen. But more likely is that the FLA, COL, VGK group will be there in there in the end.

Definitely better than trading our 1st, Kakko, Othmann, etc for Vatrano. Or wasting time on Patches.

I'll give Drury credit for getting creative. But, I mean, it's a huge ask for Roslovic to come in as the new guy and get Zib and Kreids to wake up. especially when he himself isn't a go-to player. But who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad