Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Jack Roslovic from Columbus for a 4th round cond. pick.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Looks like a good move but I really wish the Rangers were more aggressive. And by aggressive I don't mean injured senior citizens like Kane. Oh well. I'll take two depth trades for only picks.
Fans don’t seem to understand that prices are sky high. Big splashy deadline trades rarely win Cups

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We added two third line players and a #7 for a 2nd, and three mid round picks. Less all told than we paid for Andrew Copp, Eric Staal, or Ryane Clowe alone.

Roslovic isn't going to fix the Mika line, but he does fit nicely on the right of Wennberg and Cuylle. He's played center before, though IIRC it's been awhile.

And most importantly, we didn't trade Perrault, Othmann, or our first round pick. The lineup is "full" (Albeit not what it was on paper last year) without gutting the pipeline.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
We added two third line players and a #7 for a 2nd, and three mid round picks. Less all told than we paid for Andrew Copp, Eric Staal, or Ryane Clowe alone.

Roslovic isn't going to fix the Mika line, but he does fit nicely on the right of Wennberg and Cuylle. He's played center before, though IIRC it's been awhile.

And most importantly, we didn't trade Perrault, Othmann, or our first round pick. The lineup is "full" (Albeit not what it was on paper last year) without gutting the pipeline.
Put him with Mika. He’s proven he can produce. Kakko needs to be on the 3rd line.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Also, the idea that the team needed a 1RW is a fallacy. Lafreniere is the teams 1RW and in close games, Laviolette is going to throw Vesey up on that line for defensive acumen. They needed someone who could gel with them and create some 5v5 offense.
I think Mika will come alive. Kreider has 31 goals. It will be good

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Also, the idea that the team needed a 1RW is a fallacy. Lafreniere is the teams 1RW and in close games, Laviolette is going to throw Vesey up on that line for defensive acumen. They needed someone who could gel with them and create some 5v5 offense.
Please say this louder for everyone that still doesn't understand

Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere is the top line. Lafrienere is the #1RW. It's not up for discussion.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Remember when we were adamant we get Roslovic and a 1st for Hayes back in 2019?

Reactions: NYR Viper

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
1000003358.png

The epitome of "I guess."

Not really better than Vesey or even Kakko in whatever spot.

If he's on the 4th line I'd rather play any of Edstrom, Rempe, or Brodzinski.

It's not worth getting upset over the 4th but this was literally pointless.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
small sample, but he was noticeably involved and productive the 2 recent games

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
View attachment 832644

The epitome of "I guess."

Not really better than Vesey or even Kakko in whatever spot.

If he's on the 4th line I'd rather play any of Edstrom, Rempe, or Brodzinski.

It's not worth getting upset over the 4th but this was literally pointless.

Can’t just look at charts. I know you love them but let’s be honest here he played for the bluejackets, they are atrocious. He will be better than Vesey and fit nicely with Mika and krieder and fill in at pp2

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
As Rangers fans, we’re so conditioned to go for big names vs our GMs doing real work and finding specific targets that add particular skillsets we need at value prices. Drury did it 2y ago and did it again this year.

Also, Roslovic is outpacing Zib at ES this year and has scored in line w/ Kreider at ES the last 2 yrs. In much fewer mins.
Exactly. Our whole history we’ve gone after big names and it never works. Messier is the only one and that took 3 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad