Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Jack Roslovic from Columbus for a 4th round cond. pick.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This is a no-brainer and a W.

Good deadline. I like the idea of trading for these middle 6 guys who won’t upset the chemistry of the team. We saw last year that star power didn’t work out.

I did want Guentzel but Laf, Fox, Miller, Kakko, Perreault, and Othmann (and REMPE) are young enough that we still have another decent window after this one. Perreault’s development changed everything (and Laf too). If they didn’t develop so well, we would have went all in I think.

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 2.52.25 PM.png

He can scoot and he competes, which would be nice add if he plays up with Mika.

Could be an under the radar add (ala Vatrano originally), but he only moves the needle because he deepens the lines.

Honestly id rather him than Pacioretty on this team so it could be worse.

Also sends Vesey and Brodz to the 4th with the option of Edstrom, so it would be easier to roll

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
I like this move. I wanted Buch and no one else. Thank god they didn’t overpay for Guentzel

Reactions: coz21

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Looks like a good move but I really wish the Rangers were more aggressive. And by aggressive I don't mean injured senior citizens like Kane. Oh well. I'll take two depth trades for only picks.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
*4th round pick years from now.
This pick is three years from now and roslovic is much better than ruwhedel.

Hell roslovic might be on our firdt line. Ruwhedel will be in a suit barring injuries.

One is good value. The other is terrible value. I dont care the pick is years from now. It still is a 4th rounder in both instances. And 4 years from now we dont have that pick to trade at a deadline so we will have to devalue another future pick.

Reactions: gump116

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
Finally something, I'm not too sure about a 1st liner with Zib and Kreider but proof will be in the pudding going forward.

Reactions: egelband

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Okay, this is a trade I can get behind. I'm glad we didn't do anything too stupid this year other than give up 4th rounder for a defensemen who sucks.

I like Drury when he's stingy like this. If we can't score goals 5v5 with this group of forwards, then a flashy name wasn't going to change that. This gives at least gives us options in the top 9. He's not a Powerplay merchant and gets most of his points at even strength.

Let's go.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Been asking for him for a while. Adds a dynamic they don't have enough of. He can create and skate.

One thing Zibanejad hasn't been as good at as he was in the past was skating the puck up the ice. Kreider was never that kind of player.

Roslovic gives them a transporter and playmaker to set these two up. He can play C if you really need to, but it's a versatile player that will help PP2 with Wennberg added too.

A PP2 like this is considerably improved

Kakko
Laf Wennberg Roslovic
Gus

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
This is better than Pacioretty, plays RW, skates extremely well, more of a disher than a shooter. Might as well lean into Zibanejad and Kreider being a rush line.

Yeah I'm not a big Roslovic fan but I prefer him to a lot of the names thrown about simply for the fact that he is a good skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad