OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Home of the Water-Logged Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
I love it too. I wouldn't go back to the OF anymore. Your just so much more involved in the game there and your decision making is deeper. I love it.

That's why I loved playing catcher growing up. I loved calling pitchers, blocking pitches, getting run over at the plate, throwing batters out, calling plays, etc. In softball catcher is the most useless position though. :laugh:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
That's why I loved playing catcher growing up. I loved calling pitchers, blocking pitches, getting run over at the plate, throwing batters out, calling plays, etc. In softball catcher is the most useless position though. :laugh:

In the beer leagues the person that had "one too many" went to catcher each game. :laugh:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
The conversation by the PBP guys is baseball socks. :laugh:

And we thought we were bored with this game.

But since mentioning, I have to say I HATED those stirrups. By the end of the game they would dig into my arches. Worst piece of baseball equipment ever invented.

edit: looks like Aram has finally started to figure it out. Long single off the RF wall.

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I love the aesthetic of stirrups, but I've never actually worn them. I imagine I'd opt for the knee-high socks.

Yay, more offense! Fastball right down the middle to Pedro...I love playing AL teams.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I love the aesthetic of stirrups, but I've never actually worn them. I imagine I'd opt for the knee-high socks.

They were miserable. They would actually pull up into the bottom of your foot. By the end of the game you felt like you had bruise in your arch. I'm guessing thats why when you first started to see a comeback with them they were actually faux stirrups. A complete sock with a stirrup look.

Not mention they would slide back off your heel and out of your cleats at the most inoppurtune times.

Edit: Pedro playing gentlemans baseball by not trying to score on Cervelli's slow grounder.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Phillies in a nutshell...

Maybe with the market kind of flooded, and contenders now having Price to officially chase after, the Pirates can sneak in and grab Hamels at a bit of a bargain. Might only really have to fight off the Rangers as most of the bigger clubs will be looking at Price over Hamels.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Damn i missed the last inning driving home from work and I didnt want to waste data on a blowout but I'll have to check out Pedro's hit and the last out.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Please tell me that there is a player called Kodos out there and the Pirates will sign him.

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
Phillies in a nutshell...

Maybe with the market kind of flooded, and contenders now having Price to officially chase after, the Pirates can sneak in and grab Hamels at a bit of a bargain. Might only really have to fight off the Rangers as most of the bigger clubs will be looking at Price over Hamels.

Hamels makes north of $20 million per year. No chance.

I really hope they make a push for one of Tyson Ross or Andrew Cashner. Those guys are young studs under long term club control.

Gallardo would be another interesting option as a rental if the price wasn't absurd. He'd slot in nicely as our #4.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
There's also no way in hell Hamels flies under the radar...and it has to be remembered that the Phillies don't have to trade Hamels right now...his value will basically be the same after the season as it is now...but you're playing with fire if you keep him around for lame duck months.

Just picture Philadelphia holding onto him claiming that no offer was good enough...and then an elbow issue pops up.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
From what it sounds like, just from reading twitter and different sites, RAJ was told he has to move Hamels by the deadline. RAJ isn't in total control over there in terms of deals, the ownership is overseeing his every move, negotiation and decision.

I highly doubt the Pirates will be players for Hamels. It was just an imaginative post.

I do hope they try to add a starter like Ross, Leake or Smarjidijadaisjza.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
According to reports it's the Braves.

bvb104-gif-drew-relief.gif

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Dang. Wonder if CarGo will make that much of a difference for them.

Wonder if NH could take a run at Ryan Raburn. Decent hitter, RH outfield option. Shouldn't cost a ton either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia