OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Home of the Water-Logged Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Steep, uh, cost for Toronto...but given the age of their core and the fact that they just added Tulowitzki to an already good club...I'd be okay with that if I were a Jays fan.

The Jays are a better team than their record would indicate...but they had serious deficiencies. Tulowitzki & Price go a long way to fix those. It's amazing to have a .500 record and a +100 run differential...they're Pythagorean W-L is 60-42. Price most definitely fills a bigger need as Toronto's pitching is, how do you say...****.

Toronto has scored 538 runs this year :amazed:
Colorado leads the NL with 453 runs...

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Steep, uh, cost for Toronto...but given the age of their core and the fact that they just added Tulowitzki to an already good club...I'd be okay with that if I were a Jays fan.

The Jays are a better team than their record would indicate...but they had serious deficiencies. Tulowitzki & Price go a long way to fix those. It's amazing to have a .500 record and a +100 run differential...they're Pythagorean W-L is 60-42.

Yup, Jays don't really have a choice with that core. + Anthopoulos is also trying to save his job

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I think Napoli for a minor league depth player is fine. We have no 1B option to platoon vs LH pitching and given we'll likely see Bumgarner again, you could do worse.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Another thing to consider is you wouldn't have Cervelli for a wildcard game.

You just can't go into a wildcard game with Chris Stewart and Sean Rodriguez in your lineup.

And you also got Walker in your lineup who doesn't hit lefties.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Another thing to consider is you wouldn't have Cervelli for a wildcard game.

You just can't go into a wildcard game with Chris Stewart and Sean Rodriguez in your lineup.

And you also got Walker in your lineup who doesn't hit lefties.

I would truly hope in a 1 game situation Cervelli would be the backstop... but if it's worked so far this season I wouldn't doubt they would go with the "If it ain't broke..." mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad