OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Home of the Water-Logged Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Holliday tore his quad. What slim chances the Pirates have of taking the division are still alive.

Edit: Unless they.. I dunno.. trade for Upton or something..

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Holliday tore his quad. What slim chances the Pirates have of taking the division are still alive.

Edit: Unless they.. I dunno.. trade for Upton or something..

I could see the Cardinals going after the other CarGo from Colorado.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
As much as I dislike Gomez as a player, I must admit I was very impressed when he called Mercer personally to check on him and apologize.

penzweiser

Jan 26, 2013
Are the pirates linked to anyone at this point? I hope that they get a reliever that can handle the 7th inning effectively. A bat that plays well against lefties would be amazing as well.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
They are thinking "beyond this season and want longterm assets"

Going for it next year and they have the money to deal with the contract.

It's weird to see that kind of move at the deadline, but it makes sense that the Rangers would be very interested in Hamels. This year was a wash from the start with Darvish gone for the whole thing.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
Why is Texas even making moves? I don't even think they are in the wild card race

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
MLB tonight reporting the Gomez trade is either false or pulled off the table.

Possibly due to Wheeler's medical records.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
If were are still interested in a platoon at first moving forward, how about talking to the Dodgers about SVS? He has 1st base experience and hits lefties at a good clip if I remember correctly. Not to mention he can play RF if GP is out long. I doubt he would cost too much to acquire.

Last edited:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Gomez trade is off? Hilarious. Mets gonna Mets.

Bet that won't be awkward for any of the players involved.

I think Flores finding out "his team" wants to trade him might affect him mentally. When he thought he was traded he went into the clubhouse and cried.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Tonight was just a treat on twitter. Thank you Mets for being the Mets and doing Mets-like things.

Best deadline week ever.

Mets pulled the plug on the deal because of concerns over Gomez's hip. The Brewer's were A-OK getting Wheeler recovering from TJ surgery, for the record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad