OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Home of the Water-Logged Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
It's apparently only for cash considerations and he was DFA'ed from Kansas City when Cueto came in. Probably AAA depth if he clears waivers? Or long relief man replacing Worley?

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Cookie says 'Go Bucs'...

CLDcyVgUYAEOdXn.jpg

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Well you know Radhames Liz didn't really work out as a reliever. We might have unlocked his true talents. If he continues this through August, i wouldn't be against giving him a shot in September with a start or 2.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=467785#/career/R/pitching/2015/ALL

So far since he's gone back down to AAA they've moved him into their rotation and he's put up these numbers.

10 games (7 starts)

3-3
1.02 ERA
0.97 WHIP
44.1 IP
5 ER
28 hits
51/15 K/BB ratio
.176 BAA

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
The Marlins/Braves/Dodgers trade might be one of the most complex trades ever... and the most Marlin's trade ever. The Marlins basically gave away their Comp Balance pick to unload Morse and Latos' salaries and to get 3 minor league pitchers that aren't anywhere near prospect hound's radars.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Love, LOVE seeing the Cards give away a top prospect (especially a SP) for a bum in Brandon Moss. Kamansky is a top 5 prospect in their system and one of the better LH prospects in all of baseball.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Most of the media seems to think LA is getting Price.

It would be hard to see LA losing a 5 or 7 game series with Kershaw Greinke and Price in its rotation.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Never count on the Dodgers to do anything they should. They'll get Price and then score 2 runs in their entire playoff run...and I'm just assuming they'll both be brought in via Zach Greinke.

Blanton is depth...it's impossible to get excited about anyone dealt for cash. We flipped Jayson Aquino to Cleveland for cash yesterday, so take it as an Aquino for Blanton swap if you will.

Worth noting that Brent Morel is no longer in the organization, opting for free agency after his recent DFA...which means Indianapolis has lost both of their third basemen this year.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't understand this move at all from Toronto's point of view.

They are a 500 team, realistically the best they can hope for is a road wildcard game.

It doesn't make much sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille