OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Home of the Water-Logged Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Jin-De Jhang in a couple years :naughty:

Don't know much about him. Another KBL candidate?

Maybe McCutchen coming out of his slump finally.

First hit for Aram. :laugh:

Rosario getting a taste of the other side of a deep fly ball. That sun/wind combo must be playing hell with fly balls today.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Don't know much about him. Another KBL candidate?

Maybe McCutchen coming out of his slump finally.

First hit for Aram. :laugh:

Taiwanese prospect in our system.
Jin-De-Jhang.jpg

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Cutch ties it and Ramirez gets his first hit since he stroked one off of Dave Burba, July 23rd 2003 ;)

And yes, i know that sounds absolutely horrible, the way it's written.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Damn that outfield is playing havoc with everyone today.

What is Molitor thinking trying to sacrifice his best hitter? Thats just idiotic.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Haha I love this analyst. Just ripping Dozier. He doesn't hold back.

He didn't rip Dozier. He was ripping his manager for wasting his best hitter in a sacrifice bunt situation with a runner already in scoring position. Dozier was just following orders.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
He didn't rip Dozier. He was ripping his manager for wasting his best hitter in a sacrifice bunt situation with a runner already in scoring position. Dozier was just following orders.

That didn't work for the Nazi scientists in Nuremberg, it's not going to work for Dozier :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

*This is said tongue in cheek*

Edit- And I'm well aware I just proved Godwin's Law, yet again.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
That was a terrible run down. Giving the Twins a free chance here.

Aram should have held on to the ball longer and ran towards Cervelli but Kang was a being a bit lazy and didn't get to 3rd fast enough. Cervelli did the right thing by not throwing.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Aram should have held on to the ball longer and ran towards Cervelli but Kang was a being a bit lazy and didn't get to 3rd fast enough. Cervelli did the right thing by not throwing.

Yeah I blame Aram more than anything. You have to get the player running in a direction. You don't throw it when the guy is standing still unless he's really close to home.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Alright two in scoring position with 1 out. Lets do something here.

Edit: A wild pitch works too. ;)

2nd edit: there goes my feed. Thunderstorm just knocked out the satellite.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Nice sac fly from Marte but he can't swing at that terrible 3-1 pitch.

The pitcher has walked 2 straight batters...you have a 3-1 count, gear for a fast ball in your wheel house but the second you notice it's not that pitch you're looking for, let it go. It's simple baseball.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Your our resident prospects scout Big.

Whats his outlook?

Likely AAA depth. He's got a solid bat, but he hasn't progressed as well as hoped. He's very large for the position, but fields it well enough to stick...his caught stealing percentage has nose-dived this year, though, and he's splitting time between catching and DH (though that has more to do with Reese McGuire being there than with Jhang himself).

He was aggressively promoted to Bradenton last year, as just about every catcher was promoted aggressively just to get playing time and Jhang was clearly in over his head last year. He's looking better in his second season there, but the fact that he's hitting only singles is a bit concerning (you can't expect big home run numbers in the FSL...but 12 extra-base hits out of 81 total hits is a staggering number).

I wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt in the next couple days, but if he does stay within the organization his upside is likely as a 3rd catcher (read: playing in AAA). Jhang was Pirates Prospects' #22 prospect entering last year, but fell all the way to #49 entering this year, making him the 5th best catching prospect in the system pre-draft.

Little League home run for Cutch there :biglaugh:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
If by good you mean terrible defense then yes haha. Cutch hits a single to RF and ends up scoring on the play. :laugh:

I consider it good whenever our offense decides to show up regardless if it gets help from the other team. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad