Prospect Info: Prospects Part 5: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The player should have the right. But why does a transfer of a players from one teams ownership to another not require a transfer of assets?

60 games played in the NHL your rookie year, 1st round pick from the acquiring team.

Sounds fine and fair by me. Agreed.

Hawkaholic's Eichel scenario really sheds light on the potential extremes this could cause.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
20mil? Most he can sign for is 3.75mil (approx.) per year, and he would only get paid a majority of that if he reaches his bonuses. (Other wise it's like 925k/yr).

He could want to get his degree, and play for a contender when he get's out of College. I know it's unlikely that happens, but there's a possibility. Just pointing out how broke that system is.

It's not so much the 925k per year (and endorsements) that he loses. The biggy is at the same time period, he could either be graduating from Boston and declare himself an UFA - or he could be finished with his ELC and ready to cash in finally.

Didn't Drew Daughty get 7 mil per coming out of his ELC? If Eichel develops as expected, he would get that or more (especially with the expected cap rise over the next 3 years). So there's the 20 mil difference I guess.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
All this being said. Would it be fair to say that Stan has made some mistakes by sitting on some of these players so long and not signing them? To say we are losing them because of depth and that it's not his fault...I'm not sure that is accurate.

Many players will probably want to stay if you let them make it through their junior year. A lot of work is put in to that college degree and at that point you're so close you can taste it. But if you try to sign them after their freshman or sophomore seasons...that's probably not much of an issue.

That may be why Hinostroza was signed on Saturday. Notre Dame fans were caught off guard by that one. It's probably fall-out from Stan mis-handling Kayes and now Paliotta?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'd say 3-4 more hours to sign or this dude is going FA. am i overreacting? yes. But RFD plays Wednesday and there's no chance an ELC takes this long to negotiate.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
All this being said. Would it be fair to say that Stan has made some mistakes by sitting on some of these players so long and not signing them? To say we are losing them because of depth and that it's not his fault...I'm not sure that is accurate.

Many players will probably want to stay if you let them make it through their junior year. A lot of work is put in to that college degree and at that point you're so close you can taste it. But if you try to sign them after their freshman or sophomore seasons...that's probably not much of an issue.

That may be why Hinostroza was signed on Saturday. Notre Dame fans were caught off guard by that one. It's probably fall-out from Stan mis-handling Kayes and now Paliotta?

I like Bowman but no one is perfect or above criticism or mistakes. So yes, I think that is fair. I'd say as an organization some blame is shared. Bowman is the final decision maker but some of that has to be a product of somewhat of a disconnect between coach and GM. My guess is Bowman would like to bring some of these guys on board sooner but knows how tough it is for these guys to crack the lineup and how the personnel he puts together isn't always ideally and proper utilized by his head coach, in his mind.

I think there's a lot of moving parts to this but the short answer is, yes, the organization definitely has some hand in this in a negative way. It's not merely just a depth thing, at least not to me. I'm not 100% laying blame at their feet,but they have to share in some of that blame.

Losing Paliotta will really add a level of bad to that, because now it's really becoming a major trend.

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
why the **** hasn't Hino signed a PTO for the Hogs yet? WTF is going on over there, jesus.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
no compensation for Paliotta. We're lucky we signed Johns, which Block said BARELY happened.

At this rate I want all college sophomores pulled from college, right now. I'm sick of this ****.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Fyi, Powers is taking part in an ESPN nhl live chat at 1 est. Maybe he'll have some info.

I'm going to be in a meeting, but I imagine this will come up.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
At this point I don't care if the waive Rundblad so they can guarantee him games this season to get him signed.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
At this point I don't care if the waive Rundblad so they can guarantee him games this season to get him signed.

exactly...or waive Rozi...this kid needs to be signed and will be with this team for years to come. letting him walk would be insane, promise him the world and let him prove he can stick.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Hayden will be an interesting case. Assuming the Hawks want to sign him, it won't be easy to walk away from a Yale degree as opposed to getting a degree and then becoming a free agent.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well Stan dropped the ball on this one. Can we call this a trend yet?

The Hawks really need to stop hemorrhaging talent though.

do we really know he dropped the ball? maybe they offered him a contract last year and he said he wanted to finish his senior year...I can't blame Bowman on that as that is out of his control...if they sat on their hands and didn't offer him anything, well then yep I agree he dropped the ball.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
do we really know he dropped the ball? maybe they offered him a contract last year and he said he wanted to finish his senior year...I can't blame Bowman on that as that is out of his control...if they sat on their hands and didn't offer him anything, well then yep I agree he dropped the ball.

It's his job to make guys want to sign. Obviously he hasn't done good enough on this front.

I don't remember any rumors of him trying to be signed last year either. Even if he was, once again Stan didn't get the job done.

Now I'm not saying Stan is a bum or that he is terrible. I think he is a pretty damn good GM and obviously targeted guys like Hayes and Paliotta that have turned out to be studs. At the end of the day they still have to sign the guys though and Stan has shown a slight weakness for being able to do so.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Why waive Rundblad when you can waive Carcillo and Desjardins?

Because they don't play D. It wouldn't really matter I guess, but I thought the point of waiving Rundblad would be to show Paliotta they want him to play this year.

It's not going to happen though, so it doesn't matter.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Because they don't play D. It wouldn't really matter I guess, but I thought the point of waiving Rundblad would be to show Paliotta they want him to play this year.

It's not going to happen though, so it doesn't matter.

^This.

Carcillo would be my choice but I personally want him to play because I think he improves us now.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Pump the brakes. A Vermont Rookie isn't better than Rundblad or Roszival today.

Honestly I think he might be. I have seen him play and I have seen college dman make the jump (Dekeyser). You and I disagree on where he ranks but he is a better skater than both, is physically mature, and makes a great fist pass not to mention he was really good defensively at UVM which plays in a stacked HE. If you understand how to play defense and can learn the system than he would be just fine. TVR is slower that Rosi/Rundblad and he was better than both....oh wait he was right out of college but his skill set is not as good as Paliotta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad