Prospect Info: Prospects Part 5: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I love how some players are willing to come here on their own but others aren't. It makes you question if some are willing to put in the work.

Nothingman*

Millenials want it now. And if afforded the opportunity who could blame them?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
McNeill shouldn't be happy with this signing. Baun is direct competition for the job next year. Not going to get too excited because Leblanc was once our future 2C (lol) and Carey was a future Patrick Sharp (lol) but Baun was the most highly regarded and sought after UDFA this round so we'll see.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, that Kevin Hayes is obviously a slacker. :sarcasm:

You obviously are misreading what I am saying. I am implying that some players are willing to put in their time in the AHL before they get to the show and some players take the fast track. Hayes is a more of an oddity than the norm because of all of the circumstances surrounding him (his brother, the Hawks not signing him early, etc). If MP does the same I don't blame hime because $$$ is important and being in the NHL right away can could meant $500k+ more income.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:Do you know that he is not a slacker? :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
McNeill shouldn't be happy with this signing. Baun is direct competition for the job next year. Not going to get too excited because Leblanc was once our future 2C (lol) and Carey was a future Patrick Sharp (lol) but Baun was the most highly regarded and sought after UDFA this round so we'll see.

Yeah he should be pissed and quit.:sarcasm:

I think McNeil has a higher ceiling that Baun 2 liner compared to a 3rd liner.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
“Also look at the contracts of [Patrick] Kane, [Jonathan] Toews, [Marian] Hossa, [Brandon] Saad, they are going to need affordable players on the roster, especially in bottom-6 roles. Kyle understands that’s his future in the NHL and embraces it.”

Tell that to Paliotta, Mr. Agent.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Can't help but think that a few of these recent moves have been with the understanding that a few of our prospects will likely be included as part of our cap clearing moves this season to sweeten the pot for teams to pick up some of our heavier contracts.

Bickell + a redundant prospect or two for picks and cap space?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Can't help but think that a few of these recent moves have been with the understanding that a few of our prospects will likely be included as part of our cap clearing moves this season to sweeten the pot for teams to pick up some of our heavier contracts.

Bickell + a redundant prospect or two for picks and cap space?

I think McNeill gets bundled in a deal. The fact he hasn't gotten a tryout this year and Baun+I think they sign Hayden. + Hartman passed him

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Maybe Bowman can package McNeill and Johns together. Baun and Paliotta fill similar roles, and we could easily get a young top 6 winger in return.

Nothingman*

Maybe Bowman can package McNeill and Johns together. Baun and Paliotta fill similar roles, and we could easily get a young top 6 winger in return.

Lets see who performs and fits in the NHL....after playing in the NHL....before proposing trades.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I think McNeill gets bundled in a deal. The fact he hasn't gotten a tryout this year and Baun+I think they sign Hayden. + Hartman passed him

I don't know what the logic is for McNeill not having got a taste of the show yet, but I really don't think Hartman passed him this year.

Still think the plan is McNeill-Danault-Ross as the 4th line next year.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Very solid by all accounts. Probably has an inside track to make the club next year.

Thanks HGF, sounds good then. Even though you guys are our divisional rivals, I hope he becomes a good player. Finland needs more good defensemen :laugh:

Nothingman*

That Louis kid is interesting though. That little ****er is fast and sweet hands. I know the size is an issue at 5'7" but man......

Nothingman*

Also remember ESPN is carrying the College Hockey Tourney games, all of them, on ESPN2 and ESPN U. They start today at 1PM CST I believe with the BU game.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Baun replacing McNeill? What are people smoking? Remember, LeBlanc and Carey were similar UDFA signing and they can barely carry their weight in the AHL let alone replacing one of our best AHL players.

McNeill has a future here, he may be traded to help with the cap situation, but if not, I think there is a very good chance he is on the Hawks next year. More like Baun replacing McNeill in the AHL.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Baun replacing McNeill? What are people smoking? Remember, LeBlanc and Carey were similar UDFA signing and they can barely carry their weight in the AHL let alone replacing one of our best AHL players.

McNeill has a future here, he may be traded to help with the cap situation, but if not, I think there is a very good chance he is on the Hawks next year. More like Baun replacing McNeill in the AHL.

I agree. He could be a 2nd line winger for us to replace Sharp. How is he in front of the net? (5v5 and PP)

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

McNeill is a RW who hasn't played in the NHL even though he scores alot. Hawks have Hossa and Kane in the top 6 and McNeill isn't necessarily a bottom 6er. Could get Pirri'd easily in favor of a more protoypical bottom 6er like Baun supposedly is.

Nothingman*

McNeill is a RW who hasn't played in the NHL even though he scores alot. Hawks have Hossa and Kane in the top 6 and McNeill isn't necessarily a bottom 6er. Could get Pirri'd easily in favor of a more protoypical bottom 6er like Baun supposedly is.

One of our problems this year is lack of secondary scoring. We need the 3rd line to chip in. so perhaps not having a prototypical 3rd line is something we need to compete. You can score and check. Not either or. And the third line needs to chip in. We need 1-2 15 or so scorers on the 3rd line to help out. Mac would fit that bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad