Prospect Info: Prospects Part 5: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Maybe I am losing my mind but why is there no comp for him (I think I am losing my mind).

I still think he signs with us because I think Stan tells him he will be a Hawk and not a Hog. I would be ok with taking the chance with this going forward next year.

Keith - Seabs
Hammer - Pokka
Johns - Paliotta

TVR

Hawks will not have 3 rookies and a kid with 18 NHL game experience (TVR) as #4-7 defenders

Expect at least 1 vet brought in for bottom pair/#6/7 role

+ Stan likely will continue his mistake and bring back Rundblad sadly

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Okay, crazy scenario for you guys, but assume that because both are RHD with size, Paliotta refuses to sign as long a Johns is here. Who do you keep? Basically, this my ridiculous way of asking if you think Johns or Paliotta is better. I'd go with Paliotta personally.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
McKenzie says the Hawks are a front runner to pickup Baun in the next 12-25 hours. He was right up there with Bailey as the most sought after UDFA.

Detroit, Chicago and the Western Canadian teams are the 5 favorites

Baun, the grandson of legendary NHL defenseman Bobby Baun, is a 6’2” and 210-pound power forward who has excelled on the Raiders’ special teams this season. One of Baun’s attributes that scouts have taken particular notice of is how he utilizes his size and strength. He’s a player that is difficult to move off of the puck, and he uses the aforementioned assets exceedingly well in gaining separation and in battles for loose pucks. Baun is an excellent skater with terrific speed. He has developed into a reliable scorer who can chip in goals at crucial times and can wreak havoc in front of opposing goaltenders. He also does an equally good job of setting up plays.

Bowman went to see him in the playoffs. That's uncommon for Stan.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Baun looks like he could be competition for McNeill to replace that Bickell spot in the lineup.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
he reminds me of Christian Hanson who was signed out of Notre Dame as almost every team wanted him too for his size...he sadly never made it at the NHL level...hopefully this kid is different but I have some doubts.

Nothingman*

Well'at least he isn't 5'9 wee man.

I would rather Stan be at Paliottas house banging out a deal.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hogs win 5th straight. They are very good. They could make some noise in the playoffs. Pokka 1+1, McNeill 2A. TvR looking good. Hinostroza on his way.

Alls well in Rockford.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Hogs win 5th straight. They are very good. They could make some noise in the playoffs. Pokka 1+1, McNeill 2A. TvR looking good. Hinostroza on his way.

Alls well in Rockford.

Good to hear.

I wonder if there will be a call-up if Nordstrom is hurt or they'll just roll with Desjardins?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Good to hear.

I wonder if there will be a call-up if Nordstrom is hurt or they'll just roll with Desjardins?

Regin maybe? I donno. Probably just go with what they have don't you think? Forgot to mention Raanta 2 goals on 30 shots. Not hurting his value one bit down there. They are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.What's most impressive is how much they rely on prospects. top line is Ross-Danault-McNeill. Pokka, TVR, etc on D and Raanta in net.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Regin maybe? I donno. Probably just go with what they have don't you think? Forgot to mention Raanta 2 goals on 30 shots. Not hurting his value one bit down there. They are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.What's most impressive is how much they rely on prospects. top line is Ross-Danault-McNeill. Pokka, TVR, etc on D and Raanta in net.

Good to hear it.

Also this is fun

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Good to hear it.

Also this is fun

You should see the pass he pulled in the last playoff game. Even the announcers were comparing him to Kane. He's just so tiny. Kane is much, much bigger than this kid. He's significantly smaller than Gaudreau.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago
CHI agrees to terms with Kyle Baun.

We got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad