Prospect Info: Prospects Part 5: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
IceHogs be rolling, son. A lot of 2015-16 Blackhawks seemingly ready to be called up for the mini-cap hell next year.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I'm really starting to wonder what the organization's plans are for Adam Clendening.

Not only did they bring in a guy who effectively plays Clenny's game at the NHL level last year in Rundblad, but they also brought in a guy who plays his game at the AHL level this year in TJ Brennan. They even added Kyle Cumiskey, even though he's currently injured. Those last two aren't going to rob Clendening of a roster spot with the Hawks, but they do compete with him for ice time in Rockford, which would affect his development. Combine all that with the surprise play of TVR and I'm not seeing a real way for Clendening to develop much further than where he is now. So if he's not developing, and he's not playing in the NHL, what are they planning to do with him?

It's not like Clendening's looked bad in the AHL. He's proved he can be an AHL All-Star at the ripe old age of 22. But something's really gotta give if he's going to move forward within the Hawks organization.

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm really starting to wonder what the organization's plans are for Adam Clendening.

Not only did they bring in a guy who effectively plays Clenny's game at the NHL level last year in Rundblad, but they also brought in a guy who plays his game at the AHL level this year in TJ Brennan. They even added Kyle Cumiskey, who would be further competing with Clendening for ice time if he weren't injured. Combine all that with the surprise play of TVR and I'm not seeing a real way for Clendening to develop much further than where he is now. So if he's not developing, and he's not playing in the NHL, what are they planning to do with him?

It's not like Clendening's looked bad in the AHL. He's proved he can be an AHL All-Star at the ripe old age of 22. But something's really gotta give if he's going to move forward within the Hawks organization.

I think he gets traded. He is being treated like the Defensive version of Pirri/Morin.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
we were forced to take brennan in the leddy trade. They did not want to pay $700K for a AHL guy. Hawks do not care. . Runblad was rated higher, if he can ever reach it. At the end of the day No way that Runblad, Pokka, Scott, Dahlback, AC (will throw in Michael Poleatta SR in college) could all be in the hawks future the next 2-3 years so it might be good to move at least one of them. Of all of the ones mentioned at this point i want to keep Pokka, Scott and Runblad. I would be Ok moving Dahlback or AC.

Nothingman*

we were forced to take brennan in the leddy trade. They did not want to pay $700K for a AHL guy. Hawks do not care. . Runblad was rated higher, if he can ever reach it. At the end of the day No way that Runblad, Pokka, Scott, Dahlback, AC (will throw in Michael Poleatta SR in college) could all be in the hawks future the next 2-3 years so it might be good to move at least one of them. Of all of the ones mentioned at this point i want to keep Pokka, Scott and Runblad. I would be Ok moving Dahlback or AC.

You mean Johns?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
When you have 2 1st names I get confused. yes I meant Stephen Johns. I must have gotten John Scott in my head. BTW Who is faster Zus or J Scott? And is anybody else shocked we were able to trade him JS and he is still in the league. Anybody that thinks we cannot trade bickell needs to think about that.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Well, if a defenseman goes down this year before TDL, he could get a call up. I'd like to see him in a Hawks sweater for a small sample of games before we ship him out. D is wide open next year. Hawks will be real young on D. Otherwise I think he's a piece that gets moved with a guy like Bickell.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Syracuse AHL team vows to take down NHL attendance record

Vance Lederman is the senior vice president of business operations for the Syracuse Crunch, the AHL affiliate of the Tampa Bay Lightning. He’s also a bit of a carnival barker, which we love, in that he’s gunning for an NHL record when the Crunch faces the Utica Comets in the Carrier Dome on Nov. 22.

“We are looking to break the indoor record of 28,183,†he said. “We feel very strongly the record will be broken and that Syracuse will be declared as the best pound-for-pound sports city in America.â€

The record to which he’s referring is the one set by the Tampa Bay Lightning on April 23, 1996, in a playoff game against the Philadelphia Flyers in the Thunderdome. (“Two teams enter, one team leaves …â€)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ake-down-nhl-attendance-record-160401608.html

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Brad E. Schlossman
‏@SchlossmanGF
UND coach Dave Hakstol says Nick Schmaltz is out indefinitely with an undisclosed injury

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Brad E. Schlossman
‏@SchlossmanGF
UND coach Dave Hakstol says Nick Schmaltz is out indefinitely with an undisclosed injury

Hope it isn't serious. It looks like he, Hayden and Motte could make the WJC this year which would be awesome.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Looking at our farm clubs...

Hogs are in tough company with the Comets and Wolves over who's the team to beat in the West so far, if not the whole league, but that's a good problem to have. I'm sbout 90% sure that I'll be catching a Hogs/Wolves game in January, so that'll be a good'un. I'll probably wear a Wolves jersey and a Hawks hat, because hey, why not?

Fuel off to a slow start in their inaugural year, sitting 13th out of 14 teams in the East, but the ECHL's played even less games than the AHL, so a tad early to start the standings watch.

Last edited:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So I'm a freak who is watching the Hogs-Ads game and so far, in addition to seeing the Teuvo goal...

-I have seen an old man get a prostate exam on camera during a stoppage in play

-I have heard the announcer talk about the Ads missing an open net as "going to haunt them like a bad Scooby Doo monster"

AHL broadcasts are in a class of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad