Prospects and Marlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You think Hunter would be pushing for him to go back to London?
No. Hunter is a scout, the decision will be Babcocks, Lou and potentially Dubas. The kid is ready to take the next step, there is nothing left for him to do in junior. He's averaged over 2ppg for 2 full seasons and playoffs.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Well Tkachuk and Roslovic both have to make their NHL teams (Flames/Jets) or they'd be linemates of Marner.

Gold Medal winning winger/center Kuokkanen likely will be with the Knights as well.
Kuokkanen has already committed to the best of my knowledge. Plus they have Pu, Jones, and such already returning. I'd be surprised if Tkachuk and Juolevi aren't back, and Roslovic seems likely to be there too. This London team actually might be deeper than the 2015/16 version.

Billerdzzz

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario,Canada
No. Hunter is a scout, the decision will be Babcocks, Lou and potentially Dubas. The kid is ready to take the next step, there is nothing left for him to do in junior. He's averaged over 2ppg for 2 full seasons and playoffs.

This is why I'm hoping Mitch has an extremely impressive season, and that he's NHL ready. He can't go to the minors, and going back to the OHL may hinder his progress. He's done more than a lot of good NHL players had done at that level.

Marner certainly has the skills and potential to be a very good NHL player. Only he can hold himself back.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Grundstrom and Greenway sound like they looked good at the USA vs Sweden game so far today. Bracco is playing in the 2nd game.

Billerdzzz

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario,Canada
"We're going the right way," Babcock said. "We're not trying to maintain. That maintain part is what kills you. It's not easy to win in this League. But now, and this is no word of a lie, we're loaded with kids. Real kids. There's five or six who are going to score big-time in the NHL." Babcock.

https://www.nhl.com/news/30-in-30-maple-leafs-inside-look/c-281263438

Good article that shows we're finally headed in the right direction. Five or six kids that are going to score big time in the NHL? He may be getting a little too ahead of himself, or overconfident here?

While I'd say Matthews, Marner and Nylander look to be the most promising prospects to put up big numbers in the future, there's no guarantee that Brown, Leivo, Soshnikov, Carrick will be.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Good article that shows we're finally headed in the right direction. Five or six kids that are going to score big time in the NHL? He may be getting a little too ahead of himself, or overconfident here?

While I'd say Matthews, Marner and Nylander look to be the most promising prospects to put up big numbers in the future, there's no guarantee that Brown, Leivo, Soshnikov, Carrick will be.

Perhaps he was also talking about more recent aquisition like Korshkov ana Zaitsev too?
Mathews Nylander Marner korshkov Zaitsev and brown?
Sounds good to me.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario

Or maybe a hall of fame coach is a bit better at evaluating players than us here on message boards?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Looks like Grundstrom is the extra forward on that image. Bracco on the first line, Lindgren 2nd pair.

USA win Bracco two goals on 8 shots

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad